Carmex Original

Carmex Original

4.3

on 3/5/2016 1:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Carmex in a tube is not for me. I find it messy and I always end up applying too much. I like the other ones though. They moisturise my lips well, although I am not too happy about the tingly feeling.

on 3/3/2016 7:56:00 AM

I'm currently on my 5th tub of this product, as i'm absolutely in love with it. It is by far the best lip balm out there, and is so natural and smells amazing. When you first start using it, it can make your lips tingle, but i use it so much i've got used to it. It's the perfect consistency, not greasy like vaseline or creamy, but balmy and smooth. It lasts for ages and has loads of product within the little tub. A little goes a long way with this, and it's so affordable.
I'll be using this product for many years to come.

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

Decent Price and packaging won't save you from it burning your lips. It lasted less than 5 seconds before it had to be wiped off.

on 1/20/2016 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Can't go wrong with this product. It is something that you can always come back to and depend on. The only thing I do not love about this product is the taste. Other than that, it is a great product that I will continue to purchase.

on 11/16/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Minty sensation is nice, minty taste is horrible. It does help chapped lips but there are better products out there. I wouldnt repurchase though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why I ever buy any other lip balms, as this is the only one that really works. Plus, it's dirt cheap! Some reviewers here have said there's tastes/smells weird - I buy mine in Canada, and it smells exactly like a MAC lipstick (vanilla but not too overpowering) and there is no discernible taste....maybe the formula is a little different? Anyhoo, I really don't see the need to buy any other lip balm (especially not those overpriced ones like Korres and Nuxe!!) when this works 10x better for a fraction of the cost. Will always repurchase :)

on 9/2/2015 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was planning to buy Tesco lip balm because I loved the menthol smell and it was good.But as it was out of stock,my friend bought me Carmex as it was highly recommended by the staff itself. I was first hesitant to try it out as it looked like a normal lip balm to me.. But once i started using it I was amazed as it worked wonders on my lips. I have very dry lips and summer is at its worst here in the Middle East. This product is wonderful and I would recommend to all.. Its heals your lips in an instant..

on 9/1/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was introduced to Carnex by a beauty box- if i'm honest when I saw it in there I was disappointed. I slung it in my handbag & there it stayed for a few weeks until I gave it a go. I love the smell - almost comforting and the slight coolness on the lips is lovely. The product has now become a daily essential for me- I have pots in my bag, my car, my bathroom , my desk... You get the picture. Reasonable price & really moisturises my lips- I use every night at bedtime & my lipstick now flakes off less. Love love love

on 7/20/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Even though Carmex has been around for ages and I've known about it for a long time, this is a new holy grail for me.

I've always been prone to chapped lips but the problem has gotten worse since I've moved to a warmer climate. About 3 months ago, my lips got badly sunburned. The actual burn stuck around for 2 weeks until it started peeling in chunks. Yes, chunks. It was as gross as it sounds.

So, I grabbed a jar of Absolute lip balm. It seemed to help at first but then my lips began to crack. Apparently whatever was in that balm did not agree with my skin.

So, I moved on to a Nivea chapstick like product. This was better but left a waxy film on my lips. As soon as it wore off, my lips went back to their yucky, peeling state. It also made them look gray.

Enter Carmex. After using this 3-4 times a day for 2 weeks, my lips look normal, full and soft with one small chapped part. I love that I no longer have to feel embarrassed of my lips or constantly reapply lip balm. Plus I can finally start wearing lipstick again. I will continue to use this morning and night to maintain the effects.

I highly recommend this product to anyone in a similar situation. If you have actual tears or open sores, this may sting. The smell doesn't bother me but it doesn't taste great. Overall, great product..no wonder it's a classic.

on 1/12/2015 5:09:00 AM

This product is the worst tasting lip balm in the world.