Carmex Original

Carmex Original

4.3

on 5/11/2017 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't use this all year round but it's good for when you want to bring out the big guns in winter. This was most effective when I went on a skiing holiday and the constant heat from under-floor heating in the chalet dried out my skin, lips, throat and hair. No other balms came close to sorting out the chapped lips problem when exposed to the elements on the mountain. I wouldn't use it all the time (I find the menthol smell over powering and it's got some ingredients that don't normally agree with my skin) but it's great in a "chapping emergency" 😬

on 2/2/2017 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Like vaseline. Nothing fancy. Application from tube sucks. So I squish it out onto my finger first then apply to lips with finger. Will not re-purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nothing fancy, but this stuff works. I am prone to very dry lips, particularly in the winter, and this corrects them in one application. I am not a fan of the slight tingle, but it disappears quickly after applying. The scent/taste is not great either, but again, for a not all the time lip treatment to cure poorly weathered lips, it doesn't matter to me. Please note teh indications on the package that say yo only use a few times in a day. For this super inexpensive price, this is a great product. Highly recommend.

on 3/5/2016 1:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Carmex in a tube is not for me. I find it messy and I always end up applying too much. I like the other ones though. They moisturise my lips well, although I am not too happy about the tingly feeling.

on 3/3/2016 7:56:00 AM

I'm currently on my 5th tub of this product, as i'm absolutely in love with it. It is by far the best lip balm out there, and is so natural and smells amazing. When you first start using it, it can make your lips tingle, but i use it so much i've got used to it. It's the perfect consistency, not greasy like vaseline or creamy, but balmy and smooth. It lasts for ages and has loads of product within the little tub. A little goes a long way with this, and it's so affordable.
I'll be using this product for many years to come.

Decent Price and packaging won't save you from it burning your lips. It lasted less than 5 seconds before it had to be wiped off.

on 1/20/2016 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Can't go wrong with this product. It is something that you can always come back to and depend on. The only thing I do not love about this product is the taste. Other than that, it is a great product that I will continue to purchase.

on 11/16/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Minty sensation is nice, minty taste is horrible. It does help chapped lips but there are better products out there. I wouldnt repurchase though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't know why I ever buy any other lip balms, as this is the only one that really works. Plus, it's dirt cheap! Some reviewers here have said there's tastes/smells weird - I buy mine in Canada, and it smells exactly like a MAC lipstick (vanilla but not too overpowering) and there is no discernible taste....maybe the formula is a little different? Anyhoo, I really don't see the need to buy any other lip balm (especially not those overpriced ones like Korres and Nuxe!!) when this works 10x better for a fraction of the cost. Will always repurchase :)

on 9/2/2015 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was planning to buy Tesco lip balm because I loved the menthol smell and it was good.But as it was out of stock,my friend bought me Carmex as it was highly recommended by the staff itself. I was first hesitant to try it out as it looked like a normal lip balm to me.. But once i started using it I was amazed as it worked wonders on my lips. I have very dry lips and summer is at its worst here in the Middle East. This product is wonderful and I would recommend to all.. Its heals your lips in an instant..