Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick

Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick
Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Sticks

3.7

There are 8 new shades for Spring 2016 - but with a different texture. Neutrogena says "Choose shades 10-80 for a sheer & shimmery finish. Choose NEW shades 90-180 for a bold & creamy finish." They do not say "reformulated," so we are keeping them all together.

on 11/13/2016 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love these lipsticks by Neutrogena! I have been pleasantly surprised, as I do not usually buy drugstore lip products simply because they tend to make my lips dry and flaky. I'm not quite sure why I decided to pick up one of these, but I am certainly glad that I did! I got Soft Raspberry and then went back to get Fresh Orchid and Grapefruit Pink. I plan on buying more! They are not the longest lasting lip product I have ever used, but they are so moisturizing and pigmented. I like tinted lip balms but I would say this product is more of a lip balm feel with lipstick look. They have plenty of color options and the crayon look is very cute! I cannot wait to buy more of these. I recommend them to anyone who is looking for something more than a tinted lip balm but wants the moisture that these babies have!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I haven't used much Neutrogena makeup since high school, and I guess Jennifer Garner as a spokesperson doesn't appeal to me (nothing against her). So I just passed these by after I noticed the shimmer in them. What made me stop and look was the new cremes--which are similar to Clinique Chubby Stick Intense. You get more color, but the formula is the same comforting balm--only longer lasting due to more pigment. I think these are the best chubby stick lip colors in the drugstore if you're looking for moisture rather than a stain, but I love stain balms too. Laying this over a Revlon or Wet n Wild Balm Stain would make them last all day. The new shades are Classic Nude, Pink Nude, Almond Nude (fave), Berry Brown (another fave), Wine Berry, Grapefruit, Classic Red, Deep Plum, and Cherry Pink.

The only downside to these is the cap doesn't snap into place or seem very secure. You'd have to keep these inside of a makeup bag in your purse. I don't understand why someone would hate the scent of these. It's probably the most subtle scent possible, not fruity or floral. Just a soft and generally pleasant scent. I will probably end up with all of the new creme shades this winter.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought Soft Raspberry (SR) as a cheaper alternative to NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien. SR has less shimmer than Rikugien, but they are VERY similar. Only disappointment in the SR is the weird scent it has, but it doesn't last long. I can put up with the rapidly disappearing fragrance for the lovely color/formula at an affordable price!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep one of these on hand for those mornings/days I want a quick and easy touch of color with little effort and only one step. This stick glides on super smoothly. The color is on the sheerer side. I have a pinky nude one, not sure of exact color, and it's really fresh and pretty on the lips. Sometimes I layer something over it but usually I just wear it plain for a simple, soft lip. Love the feel - moisturizing and smooth. I will probably pick up another shade or two.

on 5/30/2016 4:30:00 PM

The color I got, pink nude, was the exact color I was looking for and I got it on sale for $5, so for those reasons I will keep and use. Otherwise, I don't really like this product.

First of all, it smells like watermelon, which I'm not a fan of anyway, but also makes me feel like I am 11 and using bonne bell again, rather than a low key lip color for an adult. Luckily, it disappears right away.

Also not wild about the formula. If you have any dry spots or lines at all, this is going to magnify them like crazy. It also doesn't layer well--to touch up, you're best off wiping it all off and starting over. I personally prefer a stickier formula; this is pretty lightweight. That's definitely a personal preference though.

Packaging is nice, same as most DS colored balms these days. I'd recommend the Revlon balm stains over these unless this line has a specific color you want however.

on 4/8/2016 8:46:00 AM

I have these things in every pocket, every bag and always grab another one on my way out the door! I have no idea how many I have, but know one got away from me and entered my dryer and has been coloring my clothes for several months now. Good thing I like the color...But back to it's intended use- finally I have a range of natural brown/pink shades that are all perfect- (fair skin, hazel eyes)- so perfect that I smear them on as blush too, an off-lable use!) They seem to last longer than regular lipsticks and I wear them all the time, reapply frequently during the day. I have tried very expensive lipsticks and keep returning to this ole drugstore brand I love. Meanwhile I probably have 40 others in a drawer that are going bad- every time I try one again, I am disappointed so am tossing them as I go.

The question posed is if I would buy this product again if I ran out- The answer is I will never allow myself to run out! I pick up a new one every time I hit the drugstore. I'm not really on a make-up budget but also don't see the need to overspend on any product when there are equally good versions available. Hope they never stop making this though I think I have enough for the rest of my days on the planet...if I check my pockets well before doing the wash.

on 4/5/2016 6:55:00 PM

I love these things. I have several that just float around in my purse. I have never been a huge lipstick person but have always loved the polished look it gives. I decided to give these a try, they feel like a balm or a chapstick, and work perfectly for me. They are fantastic!

My only negative is some of the colors seem to have a bit of sparkle. I like the ones that go on smooth, like Rich Raisin.

They are a must have for me now!

Don't waste your money on Clinique's chubby stix for lips. These are even better, cheaper, and much more pigmented and moisturizing. I have a bunch . The shade range is great and about to get bigger. Yeah! More shades to choose from. My only gripe is longevity - this doesn't last long and needs to be reapplied often. My favorite shades are Sweet Watermelon, Rich Raisin, and Plum Perfect.

on 2/23/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried numerous shades from this line only to have the colors look way different on then the tube or color swatches on the display looked. Also, they tend to look odd on my lips...something about the texture...like thick icky cream on my lips. Many of the other colors I have tried look plastic like, unnatural. They are pigmented but just look wrong on my lips in both texture and color. I have tried Pink Grapefruit (bright warm pink shade), Pink Nude (which was so orange on me), and the Classic Red (just looked off). These in most cases, deposit the same amount of color as a Clinique Intense Chubby Stick but those look so nice on the lips where as the Neutrogena ones look waxy on the lips, goopy in texture.

The standout shade for me in Plum Perfect. There is a luminosity in it that avoids that weird goopy texture on the lips look. I can keep Plum Perfect on me as an "it always works" shade. But all the other ones I have tried have been a disaster. Honestly, Plum Perfect is the only reason these are being marked lower.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted to like this, but I just couldn't. The scent is very strong - an artificial candy/fruity type scent. Then once on lips, it has a chemical type smell that I find very off-putting. Now I can deal with the scent, but the taste is just too much for me. After applying, every time I take a sip of water, my water tastes like the artificial candy/fruity flavor. No thanks.

I thought it had a bit of a heavy feel on the lips, especially for a balm type formula. For balm type products, this one (I purchased Pink Nude - the new formulation and shade as of 2016) was quite pigmented.

I thought the color really sort of sat on my lips, and didn't look very natural. But after a good blot, looked much better. (although, it seems a little crazy to need to blot balm type lip product)

The pink nude looked cool-toned in the package, but was very warm toned on the lips. (also disappointing, and not what I was hoping for)

I can see people really liking this formula. I think my teenage niece would LOVE every single one of these. For me, the scent and flavor are just too much.