Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Thierry Mugler  Alien Essence Absolue
Alien Essence Absolue

This is a heavenly incense/amber/myrrh bomb and is so delicious I had to just go and buy a backup. The jasmine is not as pronounced in this one as in other versions of Alien---so it has less of a grape soda feel and more of a rich syrupy grown up candied dessert feel. Yet, not really gourmand. But...on the verge. The vanilla and cashmere wood give it a cozy warm ambiance, and this EDP is STRONG. A little goes a long way and you don't want to overspray. That being said, it's one of the few that I let myself sometimes spray with abandon because it doesn't give me a headache, regardless of the heavier notes. Just a lighter hand in the warmer months. I even love the bottle---but my only regret is that I have never actually come across anything larger than the 30ml. Regardless, it's a winner.

on 2/20/2018 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Everything about this scent is marvelous.
All the notes are present.

From the sensuality of the smoky scent to the warmth of the balsamic , amber and vanilla..this perfume is unique.

The bottle resembles the shape of a woman's genitalia. Which many have complained about. Is it fair for such a gem, to be judged by its appearance? Perhaps mr. Muggler created this "essence absolue" after inhaling the true scent of an intoxicating female alien and designed this bottle after witnessing a rare rosebud waiting to be plucked..

This perfume smells so divine and I really love it. I purchased this before I got Alien because I love vanilla and this mixed with the Jasmine plus the incense, orris root, myrrh, and white Amber creates such a lovely scent. I like to wear this at night during the colder months. I think this smells so good in cold weather. I also like to wear this at night or to special occasions. I love Mugler fragrances because they are so strong, unique, and, they last on me for hours with a very heavy sillage. A little really goes a long way with this as well. I would buy the refill of this any day, but I still have so much since you only need a few tiny sprays. Seriously one great scent. Love!

Side note: Also I've layered this with Alien and find the two together to be so lovely. :)

on 4/30/2014 6:10:00 PM

Chalk me up with the rest of the enthusiasts of this lovely scent. I like Alien, so I love this sweeter version of it. This is my kind of scent. Not for everybody, and that is its best recommendation, IMO. I won't describe it since others have already done that very well. On me, this is definitely honey (which I love to wear as much as I like to eat). It reminds me a bit of Serge Luten's Miel de Bois, but this one is more complex, a bit greener. In short, a beautiful, elegant, grown-up scent. And BTW, for those who can't tell the difference, grown-up is NOT the same as 'old.'

This is one of my top favorites perfumes ever! I absolutely love it.
To me it smells like a creamy, sophisticated, delicious, sweet ice cream.
Is my favorite Alien for sure. I will definitely buy it again.

on 12/20/2013 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Alien Essence Absolue is a divine fragrance with a sexy vibe. It is not as in your face as Alien in the purple bottle but it is not a fragrance that can easily go unnoticed. I get Amber, Vanilla, Oud and Sultry Spice. The longevity is decent and the sillage is on point. Long after everyone else smells this on me I can smell myself wrapped in this fragrance almost like it is my sexy dirty little secret.
The bottle is perfection.
For reference I own, wear and adore Alien, Alien Taste of Fragrance, Angel and Womanity.

on 5/6/2013 2:48:00 PM

This beauty has a sweetness/prettiness that the original Alien doesn't have Imo. Overall a more juicy softer hence less dry creation. Rich luscious albeit mysterious fragrance which I absolutely love (pardon the pun)!

Popular Fragrances