Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue

Filtered by age: 36-43
Thierry Mugler  Alien Essence Absolue
Alien Essence Absolue

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A little too heavy & strong. This is coming from some who wears angel, youth dew & No. 5 on a reg basis. I sent this back to get another bottle of reg Alien. This wasn’t sweet enough it was kind of bitter maybe I had an old bottle I got mine on eBay. In retrospect i kind of wish I’d kept it but it was $20 that’d be laying around never used. I paid $30 for alien I think it’s money better spent! I love Alien just not this as much. I get a lavendar vibe off it I hate lavendar I find it bitter & sour. TM is a scent genius. But he’s not Jacque polger!

This perfume smells so divine and I really love it. I purchased this before I got Alien because I love vanilla and this mixed with the Jasmine plus the incense, orris root, myrrh, and white Amber creates such a lovely scent. I like to wear this at night during the colder months. I think this smells so good in cold weather. I also like to wear this at night or to special occasions. I love Mugler fragrances because they are so strong, unique, and, they last on me for hours with a very heavy sillage. A little really goes a long way with this as well. I would buy the refill of this any day, but I still have so much since you only need a few tiny sprays. Seriously one great scent. Love!

Side note: Also I've layered this with Alien and find the two together to be so lovely. :)

on 7/24/2017 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Another sweet fragrance... Very Sweet Candy bubblegum cordial lollipop Tabu fragrance ... Some of the things it reminds me of

on 9/12/2014 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is triple awesomeness (if that is a word) - and this is coming from someone who does not care much for the original Alien. Why Triple? Firstly, this is a beautiful creamy concoction of jasmine, amber and vanilla on me, and particularly so in cooler temperatures, secondly, this has wonderful staying power and this is important because I especially like the drydown of Alien Essence Absolue. Thirdly, I love the packaging, it looks like a jewel with its drop shaped molded glass and gold spray top and I love that it is refillable. I have always been a fan of Thierry Mugler's fragrance bottles but did not feel I could pull off Angel. I am on my second bottle of this, and it will remain a staple. Comes in 1 and 2 oz spray bottles, and a 2 oz Refill.

on 3/21/2014 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

omg. I love this fragrance. beautiful. not as strong as alien. I layer it with vanilla oil to make it sweeter. my new favorite. Will buy over and over.

on 12/19/2013 8:37:00 PM

Smooth rich root beer... No trace of Play-Doh. This does not smell as purple to me as much as the other Aliens I have tried. I find this much more wearable than Hypnotic Poison.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

First blast is Alien, though not as cold, plus either oud or benzoin. (It doesn't list oud, but I get some. Since I hate this note on me, I'm happy it doesn't last long.) This Alien-Oud stage is only a couple of minutes, on me.

Stage 2: the grape lightens and the oud-like bit is gone. Then it's like Alien, minus the coldness, plus some of the odd (but lovely) notes and feel of Poeme. It's not strong anymore, on me, but somewhere in the middle. This stage depends on the temperature outside and my mood, but it's not super long ~ 15-30 minutes, tops. (To be fair, let me say that my skin eats perfume. Your mileage may vary.)

Stage 3 (the most beautiful, the longest, and ~ sadly ~ the quietest: it's almost like a (soft) floral version of the original Hypnotic Poison. I'm talking super duper soft. Maybe a hair more vanilla. I get a little smoke (what I assume is the incense). I wish I got lots of incense. It might just me be, again.

It stays this way ~ a soft, ever so slightly powdery, slightly smoky, floral HP ~ for a few hours. It wears SUPER close to my skin/has almost no sillage on me. Oddly enough, I never got and never get a root beer note in HP (I have the original gangster), but I do get it here, for a minute.

This would be HG material for me (and may still be ~ I am going back and forth) if A. it didn't come off as oud on me, even for a minute, and B. it were stronger and had more incense. Because, for real, this drydown is .To.Die.For.

Alien (original edp) is not a "safe" scent by any stretch of the imagination, to me. It's electric purple, and cold as ice. It never warms up on me, though the fizzy jasmine trail it leaves is Super Sexy.

This is much safer. It's "prettier" (conventionally, I guess I mean...?), but not as interesting as the original.

I'll probably still wear this one more, as I only loved Alien's trail...

Adding: I agree with the melting chocolate the other reviewer mentioned! YESSS!!! This is in Stage 3. :~)

on 12/14/2012 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Gorgeous Alien (rounded jasmine) with Hypnotic Poison
but smells divine on the skin unlike either.
Massive sillage and longevity!!

If you love Poeme then you need to try this - Alien Essence Absolue is what i wanted Poeme to be both as a scent and on my skin.

By the way i am unable to tolerate and cannot stand the original Alien and am not a fan of jasmine but Alien Essence Absolue an exception!

Popular Fragrances