Bath & Body Works Forever Red

Bath & Body Works Forever Red
Forever Red Forever Red Forever Red

3.5

Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Butyl Methoxyl Ibenzylonethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Couramin,Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboaldehyde, Linalool

I work at Bath and Body Works so I figured some additional information about the Forever Red line might provide some insight as to why we put it in the spotlight. Bath and Body Works launched "Forever Red" to compete with other big name perfume designers. It's theme was the sexiness, empowerment, and everything that embodies women.The ingredients that are the main focus are pomegranate, red osmanthus, marshmallow, peach, and rum. The reason why the line is so expensive is that the company spent over 30% in resources than normally used in our original signature scents. Also, many of the ingredients are rare and/or very expensive. Like the peaches they used only bloom in a specific region of France on certain times of the year as well as the rum they used is the most expensive ingredient they have ever used and it takes a large quantity to produce just a handful Forever Red products. Personally I think that this is a great perfume and look forward to see what other luxury perfumes BBW might create in the future. Hope that helps! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks Forever Red is the brand's newest permanent Signature Collection scent. Bath&BodyWorks has really been promoting this scent, they even made a whole mini website for it. A Bath&BodyWorks sales associate told me that more money was spent developing and promoting Forever Red than on any other scent in the brand's history. This scent technically hasn't launched yet, I think it officially releases very soon, November 5th, I believe. Bath&BodyWorks calls Forever Red their "most luxurious fragrance ever" and describe it as a "pairing of the richest and rarest ingredients to create our most feminine and surprising fragrance collection yet! Forever Red is a passionate blend of pomegranate and red osmanthus with a sexy surprise of vanilla rum". The full range of Forever Red products just went up on the Bath&BodyWorks website today. This scent is currently available in nine products. All of the Forever Red products are significantly more expensive than the rest of the Signature Collection items but I was told by the sales associate that sales like "buy three get two free" will still be applicable. I bought a little .25fl oz (17ml) Eau de Parfum for $5 which was the intro price, this little bottle will eventually retail for $10. The full size Eau de Parfum retails for $44.50. All Bath&BodyWorks products are cruelty free and made in the USA.
Forever Red's mini Eau de Parfum comes in a really pretty bottle. All of Forever Red's packaging is very nice looking, much fancier looking than what you'd expect from Bath&BodyWorks, more like something you'd expect from Bath&BodyWork's sister brand Victoria's Secret. This little perfume comes in a rectangular, translucent, red glass bottle topped by a square, plastic, red cap. The bottle is plain, only the name of the scent is on the front, written in red of course. I don't really like the spritzer, it seems too flimsy to me, but I'm sure the full size has a better quality atomizer. I really like the look of Forever Red's mini bottle, it's nice for just a purse size.
I've been so disappointed by most of Bath&BodyWorks new scents lately. Because of all the hype surrounding Forever Red, I expected to be really let down by the scent. I popped into my favorite Bath&BodyWorks store (the one at the Waterfront in Homestead, PA) looking to sample this scent and hoping for the best. I gave it a sniff and was pleasantly surprised! Let me give you the notes before I go on.

Top Notes: Fiery Pomegranate, Rare French Peach, Luminous Apple
Mid Notes: Red Peony, Night Marigold, Red Osmanthus
Dry Notes: Rich Vanilla Rum, Velvety Marshmallow, Oak Wood

Forever Red is a really warm scent, great for this time of year. At first sniff Forever Red reminded me of Midnight Pomegranate. They're definitely similar scents but Forever Red is more..luxurious, I guess? The pomegranate and apple notes combine to give Forever Red a delicious juiciness. The scent is armed up by the rum and has a sweet confection quality to it stemming from the marshmallow. The sweetness isn't strong or overpowering, I actually think it's the softest aspect of Forever Red. I love how seamless the notes are, the fruit notes mesh so well with the sweet alcoholic notes, sitting atop a soft but rich woody base. Bath&BodyWorks really put together a great scent. The notes compliment each other, you can tell that Bath&BodyWorks didn't just slap this scent together thoughtlessly. I've really fallen in love with Forever Red.
The sales associate I talked to told me that this little bottle of Forever Red is an Eau de Parfum, meaning that it contains a high concentration of fragrance oils resulting in longer wear. Um..well, it lasts longer than the reformulated Fine Fragrance Mist which struggle to last an hour on me. I get about two hours of wear from Forever Red which is pretty poor especially for the price. Maybe it's just me, but I get good wear from other, non-Bath&BodyWorks scents, so it's probably the formula. I'm really disappointed by how often I need to respritz.
Overall, apart from the short wear time, I love Bath&BodyWorks Forever Red. I'm pretty sure Bath&BodyWorks is phasing out Midnight Pomegranate, one of my all time favorite scents. Heart breaking, I know, but I think Forever Red is a suitable replacement. I think Bath&BodyWorks really made a great new scent that isn't too similar to their other offerings. I hope to buy one or two more mini Eau de Parfums. I definitely recommend trying out this great new scent!

on 1/20/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Brooklyn, NY

On Memorial Day of 2013, I decided to try out the Forever Red Spray my sister gifted me with. I took a shower and sprayed myself, arms, legs, stomach and neck. The following day, there were a few pimples that I ignored. Later that day into Wednesday, I was a full blown disaster. I looked and felt like someone sprayed me with acid. Doctors said it was one of the worst reactions they've ever seen. Because it was direct contact, I was in constant pain and agony. I went into anaphylactic shock and had to be rushed to the hospital getting an epinephrine shot that left me in seizure state. I was put on every steroid and medication there is for allergic reaction, but unfortunately it had to take its course.

My son wept every time he saw me. So far the healing process is torturous and embarrassing, walking around in 80 degree weather with a scarf and long sleeves every day. The pictures are so despicable; it leaves everyone with mouths open. I'm enclosing the before and after pic of my arm. BBW is so sorry and offered me a $25 gift card, then a $100 gift card. Really BBW, like I would use anything from your store ever again. I know that this summer is shot for me because now the healing process has me looking like a leopard. In spite of it all, I must say, “Thank God, I did not spray my FACE!!!”

Day 14 in my fragrance project brings me to BBW Forever Red:

Fragrantica describes this as: pomegranate, French peach, apples, red peony, red osmanthus and night-blooming marigold, rum-vanilla, marshmallow and woody shades of oak.

On first spritz I get very juicy pomegranate, peach and apple...and I know it's marketing but I swear this one SMELLS red. :) It remains a very sweet fruity fragrance, even as it moves into the slight floral heart of the scent. I mostly get osmanthus mixed with the fruity top notes, and the dry down of rum-vanilla and oak are STILL tempered by the fruit, even 9 hours after I sprayed it on.

This is a gorgeous fragrance and a keeper for me, although I have the smallest size they offered and can't see needing to buy a larger bottle, although I WOULD spend the money on shower gel and lotion to layer the fragrance for greater longevity. I'd say sillage is low/medium and moderate longevity (although I know others that say this one DOES NOT last on them at all)

I WOULD replace this if I ran out, and would recommend it to others that like fruity-woody scents. I find it delicious. :)

on 9/26/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a huge fan of these types of scents. They are very modern yet classic. I recently found this by accident while in Bath and Body Works and fell in love immediately. I bought a small bottle to try and when I am done I will be buying a huge bottle.

This is a heavier fragrance and not something for summer/spring. Of course you can wear it anytime but I find the deep notes in these types of scents come out better in cold weather. The top notes are pomegranate (which I smell immediately), peach & apples. The middle is red peony, red osmanthus (which comes out on me more than any one scent) & night blooming marigold. The base of this fragrance is so nice and warm with rum-vanilla, marshmallows, and oak. It’s truly intoxicating.

My favorite scents are Frederick’s of Hollywood Signature, Flowerbomb, Cashmere Mist, Gold Sugar, and Twilight Woods. I hope this helps.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I took a specific trip to B&BW just to try this fragrance and I have to say I was extremely underwhelmed. I mean, it's a nice enough fragrance, but for me kind of generic and one I would definitely pass by in the department store. The cost seems a bit pricey for the lotions etc considering that I could get any of their other lotions for almost half the price. The pomegranate note that is prominent in the beginning smells a lot like the one in midnight pomegranate, but oddly enough this scent almost seems less complex to me. I would choose Midnight Pomegranate over this scent any day. For a scent that they put this much effort into developing and promoting I was expecting a bigger bang for the buck. I bought the EDP in the hopes that when I got home and tried it again I would change my mind and be madly in love with it, but for me it is too overpoweringly perfumey and musky (and this is coming from someone who loves musky scents). Despite the fact that this is an EDP not an EDT I still find it has no lasting power. This scent reminds me of a fragrance geared towards middle aged women that they just added a splash of fruitiness to try to appeal to the younger crowd. I was told by the girl in the store that they are offshooting a whole new Forever Red line of products and making it their higher end fragrances. I hope the next ones are more impressive. Do I hate it? No. Would I buy it again? Never. Bottom line it's a pleasant enough scent in small doses, but forgettable and overpriced.

on 8/7/2013 9:38:00 PM

I, too, am surprised by the lack of love for this scent. I find it really sophisticated - sultry, with notes of vanilla and rum, but balanced with the perfect amount of fruity sweetness. It's a terrific scent for fall and winter - warm and quite sexy. My husband is not typically a scent kind of guy, but he commented on how much he likes it.

When the line debuted, I bought every product that was available, from sugar scrub to dual rollerball/lip gloss. I was pleased with most of the products, with the exception of both of the aforementioned ones. I found the scrub far too abrasive - I've got Fresh's classic Brown Sugar Body Polish, but I stored it on its side briefly and some of the oil leaked out. The next time I tried it, it felt like rubbing coarse sand on my skin, and really that's what the BBW Red scrub was like to me.

The lip gloss was just a personal thing - it looked like a deeper wine color in the tube, but when I swashed it on, it was more of a bright, pearly pink, which does not work on my complexion.

My other quibble is with the packaging: First, the big gold plastic bow looks cheap and is frankly a nuisance; it gets in the way when you're trying to take off the cap. Worse than that (in my humble opinion) is the graphic of a woman's legs on some of the bottles. I mean...really?! It looks like it came straight out of an 80s drugstore brand perfume - cheap and corny - and seems to completely contradict the ethos BBW was going for with this scent (read: upscale and sophisticated).

One of the things that I do love about this line is the fact that it works as a home scent as well. I have the candle, and it's lovely (though I keep it in the bedroom - this strikes me as more of a private sphere kind of scent). I also noticed that now there's a scented oil available as well, which I absolutely plan to pick up next time I'm in BBW.

I do understand some of the complaints about lack of staying power, but I've found that the rollerball does last longer (as another reviewer mentioned). The other option, of course, is layering the product - using the shower gel (which is lovely), the lotion (also nice), and topping that with either the body mist or the EDP. Speaking of, I love it that this scent comes in a body mist that can be applied more liberally (and better than that, is less expensive!), as well as an EDP. So if you're not happy with the staying power, you can always stock up on the gel, lotion, and mist during one of BBW's awesome sales, and you'll be set.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am really enjoying this scent. I got the EDP, lotion and shower gel. I used a 20% off coupon along with the buy 2, get 1 free sale they had on Signature Collection items which was a good deal. If you cannot find a 20% then you might be able to find other coupons, like $10 off $30 then you can score this for a good deal.

• Price (in USD):
Forever Red EDP $44.50
Forever Red Lotion $20.00
Forever Red Shower Gel $18.00
The EDP, lotion and shower gel (and other items in this collection) are a little expensive for a BBW. If I did not have a discount I might have passed this up. If I run out I would only re-purchase if they have a sale/coupon.

• Scent: to me the scent is unlike any other. It's not overwhelming and it's pretty and romantic. It does not smell like Midnight Pomegranate like mentioned in another review. I like the vanilla rum notes and the pomegranate notes. IMO, this is great for day or night wear.

Notes:
• Top Notes: Fiery Pomegranate, Rare French Peach, Luminous Apple
• Mid Notes: Red Peony, Night Marigold, Red Osmanthus
• Dry Notes: Rich Vanilla Rum, Velvety Marshmallow, Oak Wood
UPDATE: I love this scent, but back to BBW it goes. I've tried layering this scent every way with the lotion and it has zero staying power. For an EDP& lotion that costs near $65 dollars for the both I'd expect a little more.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

LOL so the shimmer and regular full size version of this were both $22, which is more expensive than the fine fragrance mist collection which is one of my only complaints. My second complaint would be that it stains your skin red. My friends thought I was having an allergic reaction to something when I wore this on my neck with a low cut blouse. Other than thsat, its a great scent, probably their best, other than Love Love Love (that purple one)<3 Great packaging, but why is it more expensive???

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

B&BW has been slacking with their recent releases as they all smell the same to me, floral and one-noted! This is the exception though and their sweet redemption in my eyes was creating this yummy scent:) It's definitely a fall/winter fragrance that reminds me of hot, buttered rum and toasted marshmallows with a hint of ripe raspberries and pear. This is a complex frag but imo all the elements balance one another. Great for people who enjoy gourmand scents that smell good enough to eat! My only gripe is that the lasting power is so-so, it starts out strong and fierce but fades away within a few hours. Will repurchase as I'm almost on empty!