LUSH Let the Good Times Roll

LUSH Let the Good Times Roll

4.4

Maize Flour, Glycerine, Talc, Water (Aqua), Corn Oil, Polenta, Fair Trade Organic Cinnamon Powder, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Popcorn

on 7/10/2016 7:28:00 AM

Two thumbs up for this face cleanser! I bought this a few months ago & have been using it most days in the shower as a nightly cleanser. It's got an amazing smell & I only need a small amount mixed with a few drops of water to cover the entire face. It's gentle on the skin but still feels like it cleans away any makeup or grime. After drying my face after a shower it feels moistured & smooth. Leaves me feeling refreshed & pampered, I really love using this.

So, I found out my favourite scrub was killing fish. (Clean & Clear Blackhead Erasing, if you're interested.) I cried. I wailed. I beat my fists against the walls. And then I took a deep breath, picked myself up and went down to Lush.
I tried a few different ones before settling but this is probably now my favourite. I have quite sensitive skin and for me, this strikes the balance between nicely exfoliating and not too abrasive. (I've had no major breakouts since using it.) Afterwards my skin feels nice and smooth, not at all tight and very clean. It leaves a faint oily residue which is easy enough to wipe off, but doesn't feel dirty on the skin. This is one scrub that definitely won't strip your skin.
The scrub itself smells like popcorn (oh god, so hard not to eat), and unlike some others I've tried from Lush, is quite easy to use. Don't stand there carefully mixing scrub and water in your hand. Just wet your face, pinch a bit off and apply. Trust me. It'll work.
The only disadvantage of this scrub is that, like most of Lush's products, it's a bit pricey, although for me it's worth it. I also have a feeling that for some people this won't be abrasive enough - it really is a very gentle daily scrub.

Pros: amazing smell, gentle enough for daily use, cleanses without stripping skin.
Cons: somewhat expensive, probably not great for very oily skin or people who want a tough scrub.

To Read all 100 Reviews, Login or Join

Smells amazing, exfoliates really well, and is very moisturizing/not at all drying. The only problem with this is it really broke me out :( I was so upset because I really really wanted to love this.

on 5/22/2016 3:33:00 AM

After reading raving reviews, I went to lush and asked for a sample as I didn't want to buy the entire tub due to my acne prone skin.
The lady gave me enough amount to try for 3 weeks.
I must say this is amazing. Skin feels like baby's bottom. It is a must have.

on 5/13/2016 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. It smells good enough to eat, but left my skin feeling greasy and gross.

on 4/26/2016 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Really great facial scrub! Gets all the dead, flaky, clogged skin off my face and leaves my skin smooth and not irritated. Does not dry me out and washes completely off. When I use this, I can see all the skin and gunk being washed down the sink which is both gross and fascinating.

I was annoyed with the packaging at first since I have to make it into a paste, keep it away from water, tightly shut, not a very long shelf life and a bit of a hassle to keep, but the product does last me awhile and the packaging is economical and I am ok with it now. I wet both my hands and my face and take a pinch of the stuff and rub it all l over my face.

This will not take off makeup! Make sure you are using this on bare skin. I don't see this as a cleanser, just a scrub. I recommend using this once to a few times a week, or as a morning cleanser when the face is already makeup-free.

It smells delicious like warm buttery caramel which is one of my favorite things about this!

This is a very simple face scrub, considering most the ingredients you could find in your local grocery store; Which I have tried to make this homemade! It's just not the same as LUSH's and I prefer just to buy it premade and not turn my kitchen into a mess.

Love using this! Makes my skin feel like new! Would repurchase.

More than than ten years of trying to find a skin care routine that calms my acne and breakouts i feel this is my holy grail. No every day wash has had such a dramatic positive effect on my skin - not liz earle, clinique, balance me, antipodes - and is constantly a joy to use because of the sweet, vanilla-y, bakingesque scent. Smell lingers on the skin but not at all in an overpowering way. Gentle exfoliant preps my skin for foundation leaving smooth surface. Doesn't flare up my psoriasis and doesn't leave my skin red or sore like exfoliating can sometimes do. Lasts me about 2 month using small pea size amount twice daily. Just pick out large popcorn when you first open it otherwise they can go soggy and disintegrate into it!
Also save your tubs as Lush will give you a gift in return when you return 5.

I've bought this twice now & it honestly leaves my skin so smooth each time. Also smells really good and has all natural ingredients which is the best!

on 1/23/2016 9:14:00 PM

A very skin-softening scrub, moderate exfoliation, the grain bits (polenta?) are quite soft and not as abrasive as Dark Angels (which I also love). My skin is combination (oily tzone) and although this does leave a slight residue after you rinse off, its not an inconvenient residue but rather a nice bit of pre-moisturiser. It really depends on the needs of your skin.

This isn't a cleanser, it does remove anything but dead skin- its something I would use after a cleanser, or before if I didn't like the residue, or on a no makeup, no pollution face kind of day.
I think this would be good enough for moderately sensitive skin - although my suggestion is always Angels on Bare Skin for sensitive folks.

Scent-wise, its delicious - salted caramel popcorn, makes it a real pleasure to use. Would repurchase.

on 1/17/2016 5:51:00 AM

I'm on my third tub of this stuff. I love the way it removes dead skin, especially on my nose. Beforehand if I run my finger over my nose, it feels quite rough, but after using this product it's completely smooth AND seems moisturised rather than dried out. I use it pretty much every day in the shower.

However, I think the price is a little much given the ingredients are probably pretty cheap. Would love to try and make it myself at home!