Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

3.7

on 2/26/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This perfume is beautiful. Upon first sniff you might just shrug and not think much, but let it dry and then smell again. You'll be convinced. It is not your typical fragrance, it doesn't lean heavy on any floral notes. This is all sugar. It will have you smelling like creme brulee.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is now my 2nd bottle of Manifesto. It's just so intoxicating, I love it. It's sensual, creamy floral, with a hint of vanilla. It stays for 6 hours, no joke, and it's hypnotic, addictive like a drug. I love smelling it on myself, and I also think the bottle is just gorgeous, easy to hold in the hand. This isn't the perfume for everyone because it's a little more grown up, more serious and adult than the really popular perfumes like Coco Mademoiselle. Unlike those perfumes, Manifesto doesn't smell perfume-y. It just sifts into my body chemistry and stays there, wooing me for hours with its subtle beauty vibe. I'm breathing in Manifesto as I write this - and I applied it 3 hours ago - just three quick sprays is all it takes.

The perfect scent. Thank you, YSL!!!!

on 12/4/2014 11:06:00 PM

I loved this fragrance when I sprayed it in Shopper's, but was hesitant to buy it because I had not heard of it before. The lady at the counter assured me that she had purchased it and knew it was long lasting. I ended up purchasing the box set instead of getting Dior Hypnotic Poison like I had planned (I own & love Dior Pure Poison!). I regret this decision.... smells great when first sprayed but has a lasting power of about 10 minutes. Don't waste your money!

on 9/18/2014 10:21:00 AM

I bought this based on reviews-mistake!! Initially smells praline-like/vanilla but the dry down is just terrible!! I know it's probably just a chemistry thing but yuck!i! Why is it when you love a fragrance it never lasts but when you hate one it lingers ALL day!

on 2/5/2014 6:41:00 PM

Love, love, love this! (Did I mention I love this?) :-) Even though this is over my price range, I splurged before the holidays and purchased a gift set--perfume and body lotion.
I was so excited. It smelled on me exactly the way it smelled on the paper sampler. And it lasted a long time, too. What a yummy and sultry and smooth scent; all in one! Love all the vanilla! One problem: It makes my nose run. Both times I wore it, my nose was runny. Both times, when I washed it off, my nose dried up. Obviously there's something in Manifesto that doesn't agree with me. And that's weird because no other perfumes I have, have done this to me. Sadly, I had to return my purchase to the store. I've tried to find other perfumes that are similar to this wonderful/enticing scent, but to no avail. Gals, this is a great one, especially with you like vanilla. Besides vanilla, it's both a little fruity and a little floral.
The name should be "Perfecto".

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was surprised by this amiable fragrance, because it has a cool spiciness to it a kick that is against the current trends. Reminiscent of Armani She, but swaddled in a layer of powdery, warm caramel that we have seen recently in Lancome La Vie est belle, its both with the trend (gourmand, thickly sweet) and off the beaten track. Shows how generic the mainstream has got that a lick of spicy coolness can appear off the beaten track.
The scent this is most like, but a dramatic improvement on (probably down to the more expensive, better quality ingredients) is Beyonces Pulse. I liked Pulse, but in the end it turned my stomach with its cloyingly synthetic heart, though I appreciate it for daring to be a little different. I guess, then, that means Manifesto is a bit of a rip-off of a celebrity scent, but the soft, creamy, yumminess makes me forgive all.
Longevity is pretty good, sillage is better than average, and the overall vibe of Manifesto is drinks with girls after work: sexing up a work outfit with shirt buttons undone to the cleavage and a slick of neon lip.

on 10/21/2012 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is to me one of the best launches of 2012!! Yes different from what YSL usually creates, but what a lovely rich and seductive scent!! It smells wonderful, sweet yet not in a youthful candy way, more like a well balanced sweetness that mixes nicely with green notes to create a great smelling scent!! I have used 2 bottles of it so far, I love feminine scents, and Manifesto is a feminine enduring distinctive scent!!
It is compared to Flowerbomb yet it is far more complex, more interesting, and not so linear!!

Popular Fragrances