Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

2.8

on 2/28/2014 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Meh... It smells almost exactly like Emporio Armani, the steelgrey bottle. While I love that, I don't love a copycat... Bottle design reminds me of the all those celeb fragrances, bit on the cheap side. Sorry all you lovers, this is just a miss as far as I'm concerned.

on 9/2/2013 10:57:00 AM

I bought the small bottle after smelling this because I loved it! Sweet, vanilla but not cloying & floral - thought it would be my new signature fragrance however it has zero lasting power on me :( I literally can't smell it an hour after I applied. The do make a perfume rollerball so I tried that to increase longevity but got tired of re-applying

Manifesto is a lovely scent. I don't normally wear florals, however this is such a smooth feminine scent, I'll find time to wear it. I spritzed some on at the perfume counter, and got two unsolicited compliments before I left the store, which is enough for me. One person told me that she doesn't normally like or wear perfume, but that this was lovely. It's not too fruity or sticky sweet, rather it's light, with just a hint of the jasmine...it does come across as a "purple" scent, if that makes sense. The dry down is especially nice...A particularly nice vanilla with some very light woods rounds it out, To me, there's not much throw, but as I received comments on it, it may be stronger than I can pick up. It will be a lovely summer perfume. It's not terribly unique and has rather ordinary notes, and may be "boring" to some, however it's so well done that it should judged on it's merits apart from the rest of the crowd.
.NOTE***** This review is for MANIFESTO. The system would not let me add to list of frags under YSL.

on 1/18/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So disappointed. I have been waiting for so long for this to be released in New Zealand. It is in the same vein as Flowerbomb and La vie Est Belle but softer and slightly smoother. I was expecting something to wow me coming from the house that created Opium but along with diluting that masterpiece it seems they are now just pleasing their board of directors and following the current trend of fruitchoulli.. I love the bottle, although others think its tacky. Never mind, I will be saving up for their forever youth serum so they haven't lost me completely as a fan, just no fan of their fragrances anymore.

Popular Fragrances