Coty Midnight Heat EDP by Beyonce

3.1

on 6/30/2016 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Pleasantly found this at my local PriceLine Pharmacy for $15. I needed some perfume and figured it's cheap, and I love Beyonce's scents, so I bought it.

I'm no scent-master, so this review would be better for an average person as opposed to somebody who can smell the slightest hint of fig from a mile away.

It definitely smells like a fall/winter or even nighttime fragrance, but it's versatile enough to last all year round. Lasts about 5-6 hours on me, which is longer than most similarly priced things I've used. It smells like a mixture of patchouli and sandalwood to me, but I'm not actually sure what's in it. The bottle is nice, although I must admit takes up a bit of space on my vanity.

You do have to use quite a bit to smell it strongly, so if you're one of the people who like to change the scent of an entire room when you walk in, it's definitely not for you.

Overall I feel like this is a sultry and subtle scent. Definitely something I'd buy again, and possibly the type of perfume I'd spray on old air fresheners to put in my car.

I love this perfume the scent is unique and sweet, however i feel more perfume has to applied than usual to make the scent stronger and last longer. Never the less the scent in my opinion is a summer scent, definitely my go to summer perfume this year. I would be happy to buy this perfume again when I've ran out.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/14/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

During the post-Christmas sales I came across this fragrace at a very decent discount and bought it on a whim, half expecting a fruity, sweet, gourmand fragrance similar to Britney Spears' Midnight Fantasy. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Midnight Heat dries down to a beautiful sandalwood scent; perfect for evening time. I recently bought the 100ml size of this fragrance so I won't run out of it and I'm not regretting it at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely vile perfume! It smells like public toilets and makes me feel sick of I smell it. Also the smell doesn't go when I first got it I put it on and after washing the top I wore I could still smell it.

Bought this on a complete whim and ended up liking it a lot. It's got a decent longevity and while the fragrance's mix of sweetness and patchouli notes might not be for everybody, I liked it a lot. It does give me that 'midnight' feel and that's one of the reasons I really like wearing this fragrance when going out during the night. With that said, some people say you can tell an excellent fragrance from just a good one by the way strangers compliment or ask you about your fragrance. This one has not gained any compliments or curious questions, so I suppose it's average - a cheaper celebrity branded fragrance that may work for some people, but unlikely to become anybody's signature fragrance.

This to me when I first smelt it smelt of patchullie and candy... not really what I would put together... I dont care for this one very much... but than yet again I don't like beyonc'es fragrances except heat rush and even that one let me down because the longtivity was very poor... this one didn't raise my expectations of beyonce, I was thinking it would be a nice scent like taylor swift or britney's midnight fantasy but this one turned my belly upside down making me sick fast... It has an insence smell to it as well... I will pass on this one too...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

MIDNIGHT HEAT opens with a dark and rich plum note and, whilst I know it's meant to be star fruit, what smells to me like raspberry. There is also some fig, too. The plum note is much stronger then the other fruits and carries down to the perfume's heart and base.

I'm not able to separate any floral notes apart from the peony from the powdered jumble, as the patchouli develops quickly and lasts for the entire 'life' of the perfume. The mix of earthy patchouli, powdery florals and rich fruits is very curious; the structure of everything here doesn't really go together, but it works somehow.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base, thanks to the constant presence of plum and patchouli. The sandalwood and amber are mingled closely together so it is a warm and creamy mix.

Official scent notes: plum, star fruit, Orchid, black tulips, purple peony, warm amber, sandalwood and patchouli.

I haven't been impressed by the Heat range, but the clashing scent notes here make this perfume addictive. This also has better staying power then the earlier releases; a five hour average on me. It's still not great, but at least we're getting some improvement, unlike other Coty ranges [I'm looking at you Kylie].

Popular Fragrances