Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals - Genadur

No Image

3.0

This product requires a prescription and is INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE (approximately $400/bottle--yes, that's right!) and the bottle holds the same amount as a bottle of nail polish. I used it daily, as prescribed, for more than 8 months, on three nails that have vertical splitting. While it improved the one nail that was the least affected by splitting, it did nothing to improve the two other nails. I will say that it is easy to apply, has no odor, dries quickly, and one bottle lasts a long time, which are all good things.

Recently I started using Derma Nail. While it's too soon to know for sure, I've already noticed that my nails are stronger and that I'm filing them less. Also, Derma Nail does not require a prescription, COSTS ONLY $23/bottle, and it's a bigger bottle, although you are supposed to apply it twice a day, whereas Genadur is applied once a day. Derma Nail has no odor, but it does takes longer to dry than Genadur, and you are not supposed to get your nails wet for one hour after applying it. Still, if this will heal my splitting nails, it's worth the effort.

So I'm unable to recommend Genadur, but I highly recommend trying Derma Nail, along with cutemol, which a rich lotion that is included in the package (only a sample size, though), which you put on your nails an hour after applying Derma Nail. I have already purchased a large container of cutemol, which, again, is reasonably priced.

Keeping my fingers and nails crossed that the combination of Derma Nail and cutemol restores my nails. And maybe I can sell what's left in my Genadur bottle on eBay! :-)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Genadur nail lacquer helps grow very strong nails that stand up to travel. My chipping and brittle nails were transformed to absolutely beautiful in 3 weeks. Recommend to all women. Only disadvantage it is extremely expensive. Just consider it getting your money's worth from salon manicures. No more tears over broken nails, just tons of compliments.

Popular Treatments