Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought several brands nailpolishes, like OPI, Sally, china glaze and Essie, but none of them are as longwearing as Rimmel for my thin nails. Its quite flexible and resistant to chipping. They wear on my nails about 4 to 5 days, unlike any other. (Essie sucks, they last only one or two days on me!) Will definately buy more, although i have many nailpolishes...

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I only own one of these nail polishes and it is in the shade 853 Pillow Talk (one of the few shades that doesn't have it's own specific review and I'm too lazy to create one.) So I really can't speak for the entire range, but here are my thoughts on this particular color:

It is from the "Rita Ora" collection (I have no idea who that is). I got this polish on clearance at Walgreens for about $1.39 after having looked for a pale blue nail polish with either no or no noticeable shimmer forever. This is a true baby blue color with barely noticeable silver shimmer. I can't see the shimmer at all indoors unless I hold my nails 6 inches from my face and stare. So the color is what originally drew me to it.

The formula is surprisingly good, too. Perfect consistency between thick and thin (more so on the thin side) but still thick enough that all you need is a coat or two for fully opaque color. As for the drying in 60 seconds claim... that is not true. I didn't expect it to be though. I applied this without a topcoat of any kind to test longevity. It took probably around 10 minutes to fully dry. I put this stuff on... Sunday night? Monday? And it's now Friday and not a chip in sight, which is pretty awesome.

Overall I like this product but would not repurchase since Rimmel tests on animals.

To Read all 305 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/12/2016 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price of this nail polish, it's really quite amazing. I've bought two or three shades from this 60 second line and it doesn't disappoint. I am able to apply my nail polish quickly and easily with Rimmel's choice of brush. I don't believe in spending too much money on nail polish as I will usually get a manicure/pedicure, anyway.

Pros:
- Affordable
- Opaque / good coverage
- Dries relatively quickly
- Good colour selection
- Brush is wide and easy to use

Cons:
- May seem thick to some people
- Looks better with a top coat
- Can be tricky to use due to thickness (you may need to be an experienced 'nail-doer' to use perfectly)

So, basically, if you're looking for an affordable nail polish that has a really nice array of colours, dries pretty quickly and is opaque even with one stroke - you've found it! I guess the positive way to look at this nail polish, IF you don't like it, is that it's not expensive so you're not 'wasting' (too much) money if it ends up in the bin! :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Awful coverage, one coat does not do it. It does not dry in 60 secs. Lose your lingerie looks great in the bottle but much whiter once on nails. It really does look like white out. Because I did not like the colour I could not even keep it for more than 24hrs to determine it's lasting power. Do not recommend! Best nail polish I have found for a perfect soft pink is cover girl outlast stay brilliant in constant candy, #135, awesome nail polish!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this nail polish because I am a snob. I heard about Rimmel London so many times so I went like ''whatevs, let's give it a shot''

There is nothing you haven't heard of before in this review. The nail polish DOES NOT dry in 60 seconds. It never actually dries. It's very thick and not only does it chip but it also wipes off. I had the terrible surprise to wash my hands the same day I put it on and needless to say that my towel got covered in nail polish.

For some reason I bought THREE shades, plus a clear one. I got #498- Rain rain go away, #450- Daisy Days and the classic #203- Lose your lingerie. As someone pointed out, Lose your lingerie DOES look like correction fluid. It's a pain to put it on in just one layer because it looks very dumb and see-through. When you apply two layers of it, it looks more like white rather than pink. The shades (in the bottle) look quite nice. When applied, not so much.

The packaging looks cute (I just love how the Rita Ora ones look, with the flowers on the cap and all)

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this nail polish to anyone. Save your money by buying some Maybelline polish.

on 9/11/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got this in a lovely sheer pink with tiny blue sparkles.
I use it as a 'nude' (I just like little sparkles in my nude nailpolish)
Love the brush, it covers my nails in seconds, I only have to use one layer.
Drying time, like 3-4 minutes and after four days no chipping

on 7/21/2015 6:20:00 PM

It is very quick drying if you put on a very thin coat, however the nail varnish is very thick, it is easy to apply and lasts a very long time.
As I like bright colours it's hard to find nail varnishes that do not stain, but this does badly, although the 60 clear works it takes longer to dry when adding more costs

Bottled as a 60 second 1 coat nail polish and they damn near have it. You could dash and go with one coat but two or even three coats and you have a beautiful high gloss nail finish that lasts for days. Just allow about five minutes for the 2nd coat!

I tried one and loved it so much I dashed off to buy the other 8 they had, and looking for more. The brush is AMAZING. :-)

on 6/29/2015 7:35:00 PM

I got this in white and I really it,not the best polish in the world but it's pigmented and looks good with one or two coats.It's very cheap but works well,I put a base and top coat on to make it last even longer.The small size is cute too,u could through a bunch of these in a travel bag.

on 6/12/2015 3:18:00 PM

This nail polish definitely does not dry in 60 seconds. I have 5 of these nail polishes and I have the same problem with all of them. First of all, they are very thick in consistency which makes them very awkward to apply so I always need to have nail polish remover and cotton buds near by. Once it has applied, it takes ages to dry which limits what you can do. The nail polish never really dries properly and it is left still a bit tacky. The plus side about it is that it is very pigmented so you could get away with just one coat (however I like to put on a second coat because I like a very opaque look and it can sometimes look streaky with one coat). It smudges very easily even after having it on for several hours and maybe even a day. It is a shame because the colours are beautiful and I wish that the consistency was less thick, I would rather have a nail polish that was thinner in consistency and build it up rather than a thick one that never dries :(

Popular Polishes