Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish

I have dozens and dozens of Rimmel 60 seconds polish and majority of them are really good for the price, with a few performing better than some OPI ones. I'm working my way through my whole collection over the next year so will update my review as I go to review each shade.

RED CARPET a metalic red, applies smoothly and dries quickly, not quite 60 seconds though, one thick coat would work in a rush, but two thinner coats gives a much better even finish, this lasted four days and even then the chipping was minimal and not noticeable unless you were close up the hand 5/5

PURPLE REIGN. A nice mid purple, not too bright and not too dark, has a subtle shimmer that's not in your face, experts brush which I love (see above). I needed three coats to get an opaque coverage, which meant it took ages to dry. Decent wear though with minimal chipping after four days. I paid 89p for mine so a bargain really. 4/5

SUNRISE. Lovely summery shimmery orange, but applies very thick and gloopy, visible streaks and uneven appearance even after drying. Takes ages to dry and chips quickly. 1/5

on 12/30/2016 9:44:00 PM

I bought this in black out. It never dries and its too thick and gloopy to paint on a thin layer. After two hours I was sure my nails were dry, they didnt smudge when I touched them, I started watching a movie, had my arms folded for a couple of minutes, tried to move my hand only to discover my nails stuck to my top, when I peeled them off the fabric they had inprints and smudges all over them, Id only applied one coat of varnish as thin as I could make it go on. It also has a very alcoholic smell, my fingers smell like theyve been dipped in vodka. Really irritating.

on 12/24/2016 6:42:00 PM

I buy these when i see them in pound shops. I have 6 of these and they all have a lovely creamy and opaque finish.

My favourite colours are out of the blue (dark teal) and rock n red (bright red shimmer).

With a decent top and base coat they are surprisingly hard wearing for a quick dry polish.

on 9/21/2016 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have one color in 410 "I LILAC YOU", it's a lovely spring and summer pastel lilac with the perfect amount of lavender creaminess, I absolutely love the color, however, the formula is not so great. Because it comes in such small amount in a such small bottle, it dries out really fast, the polish becomes thick and gooey faster than any other polish I own. I had to toss it out after just couple uses.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought several brands nailpolishes, like OPI, Sally, china glaze and Essie, but none of them are as longwearing as Rimmel for my thin nails. Its quite flexible and resistant to chipping. They wear on my nails about 4 to 5 days, unlike any other. (Essie sucks, they last only one or two days on me!) Will definately buy more, although i have many nailpolishes...

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I only own one of these nail polishes and it is in the shade 853 Pillow Talk (one of the few shades that doesn't have it's own specific review and I'm too lazy to create one.) So I really can't speak for the entire range, but here are my thoughts on this particular color:

It is from the "Rita Ora" collection (I have no idea who that is). I got this polish on clearance at Walgreens for about $1.39 after having looked for a pale blue nail polish with either no or no noticeable shimmer forever. This is a true baby blue color with barely noticeable silver shimmer. I can't see the shimmer at all indoors unless I hold my nails 6 inches from my face and stare. So the color is what originally drew me to it.

The formula is surprisingly good, too. Perfect consistency between thick and thin (more so on the thin side) but still thick enough that all you need is a coat or two for fully opaque color. As for the drying in 60 seconds claim... that is not true. I didn't expect it to be though. I applied this without a topcoat of any kind to test longevity. It took probably around 10 minutes to fully dry. I put this stuff on... Sunday night? Monday? And it's now Friday and not a chip in sight, which is pretty awesome.

Overall I like this product but would not repurchase since Rimmel tests on animals.

on 1/12/2016 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price of this nail polish, it's really quite amazing. I've bought two or three shades from this 60 second line and it doesn't disappoint. I am able to apply my nail polish quickly and easily with Rimmel's choice of brush. I don't believe in spending too much money on nail polish as I will usually get a manicure/pedicure, anyway.

Pros:
- Affordable
- Opaque / good coverage
- Dries relatively quickly
- Good colour selection
- Brush is wide and easy to use

Cons:
- May seem thick to some people
- Looks better with a top coat
- Can be tricky to use due to thickness (you may need to be an experienced 'nail-doer' to use perfectly)

So, basically, if you're looking for an affordable nail polish that has a really nice array of colours, dries pretty quickly and is opaque even with one stroke - you've found it! I guess the positive way to look at this nail polish, IF you don't like it, is that it's not expensive so you're not 'wasting' (too much) money if it ends up in the bin! :-)

on 9/11/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got this in a lovely sheer pink with tiny blue sparkles.
I use it as a 'nude' (I just like little sparkles in my nude nailpolish)
Love the brush, it covers my nails in seconds, I only have to use one layer.
Drying time, like 3-4 minutes and after four days no chipping

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Awful coverage, one coat does not do it. It does not dry in 60 secs. Lose your lingerie looks great in the bottle but much whiter once on nails. It really does look like white out. Because I did not like the colour I could not even keep it for more than 24hrs to determine it's lasting power. Do not recommend! Best nail polish I have found for a perfect soft pink is cover girl outlast stay brilliant in constant candy, #135, awesome nail polish!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this nail polish because I am a snob. I heard about Rimmel London so many times so I went like ''whatevs, let's give it a shot''

There is nothing you haven't heard of before in this review. The nail polish DOES NOT dry in 60 seconds. It never actually dries. It's very thick and not only does it chip but it also wipes off. I had the terrible surprise to wash my hands the same day I put it on and needless to say that my towel got covered in nail polish.

For some reason I bought THREE shades, plus a clear one. I got #498- Rain rain go away, #450- Daisy Days and the classic #203- Lose your lingerie. As someone pointed out, Lose your lingerie DOES look like correction fluid. It's a pain to put it on in just one layer because it looks very dumb and see-through. When you apply two layers of it, it looks more like white rather than pink. The shades (in the bottle) look quite nice. When applied, not so much.

The packaging looks cute (I just love how the Rita Ora ones look, with the flowers on the cap and all)

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this nail polish to anyone. Save your money by buying some Maybelline polish.

Popular Polishes