Tarte Call of the Wild Palette 2012

Tarte Call of the Wild Palette 2012
Call of the Wild Palette 2012Call of the Wild Palette 2012

3.5

Maybe it's me, but I don't find Tarte eye shadows to be pigmented. I also find them to be chalky. Love the lip stains but NOT the eye products. This one is getting filed in the circular file. Waste of $$.

on 2/11/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this palette! I reach for this more than any other palette including my UD. My favorites are the first 5 eyeshadows, especially the shade called Wild (burgundy brown). You can do a soft day look or smoky look. I even use my fingers to apply if I am in a pinch since the texture of these shadows are so silky smooth. Some shades are matte and some have a soft shimmer. I may consider purchasing a back up I love it so much and I rarely ever do that.

on 1/11/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this while on the hunt for the HG work with a little oompf eyeshadow. With my fair skin, green eyes, and dark blonde hair, these colors work very well. I especially like Jungle, a brown shimmer, and Wild, a maroon/burgundy shimmer. Online in pictures, these do not look shimmery and in person they look like a twelve year old-girl's sparkle adventure, but they go on smoothly and look smokey versus sparkley. Meow, a gold shimmer, is nice, but doesn't do much for me. I don't want to go through the whole lid/crease/brow application combo. The shimmer colors do a nice job a playing with the light to create shadow in light for some like me who doesn't have the time to do a full shadow application. I haven't tried the matte colors yet; they are very matte, but I'm very happy with the pallette overall. I'd repurchase Jungle and Wild if they were sold seperately. Wish the palette came with a bush or room to stash one.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love the animal print packaging and the colors are gorgeous. Tarte is always hit or miss for me. I found the matte shadows to be muddy and chalky. The lighter colors were not pigmented enough.These shadows flaked into my eyes. I much prefer eyeshadows that are finely milled, silky smooth like Estee Lauder and Flirt eyeshadows. But, if you are a Tarte fan, you will definitely enjoy this palette.