Cover Girl CG Smoothers BB Cream

Cover Girl CG Smoothers BB Cream
CG Smoothers BB Cream

3.2

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a no-makeup, nearly invisible product. I don't recommend you buy it if you are looking for any coverage at all. I wear BB creams for the bit of moisture, glow and sun protection on days when I'm not wearing foundation, but powder foundation or loose powder on top of this BB are also nice. Double cleansing (oil + foaming cleanser) work best to ensure it is completely removed and prevent breakouts from leaving adherent bits on the skin.

on 12/24/2016 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my first time trying a BB cream. I wanted something not too heavy but will even out my skin tone + SPF. It's okay. It's sheer & gives me a soft, satin bronze finish. It improves my skin tone somewhat. I kinda like it! But not sure if I'll repurchase yet cus I might wanna try out other drugstore BB creams before returning to it.

UPDATE Feb 04, 2017: Ever since I started using this I noticed clogged pores on my chin area. However, I'm not entirely sure if it's due to this BB cream or that I wasn't promptly washing the flat top brush I use to apply this.

UPDATE Feb 17, 2017: It definitely clogs my pores. I'm not even acne prone.

I bought this because I was looking for something I can just slap on to my face with my fingers, to even my skin out a bit. The original CG Smoothers foundation was pretty good for that, a few years ago. Anyway, this product isn't like that. Its packaging is good (I hate pumps that always leave a little dried out crusty bit on the dispenser!) and it's glowy, and it feels nice and moisturizing, but it doesn't really cover anything. I was looking for light coverage, but this is insufficient.

on 10/30/2016 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not really a BB cream more of a tinted moisturizer, really light tint. Moisturizing and even coverage, but leaves skin greasy. My skin was oily within two hours w/ this cream.

on 10/7/2016 6:46:00 AM

This cream is great at covering up and evening out my skin tone. I'm definitely going to buy it again when I run out.

I first got this to be able to wear something with a little coverage but not as heavy as foundation. I don't love this product because it does not have as much coverage at all but this product does even out my skin tone so it is nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this product! It's very, very, very sheer so if you want a lot of coverage, this will not be the right formula for you. However, as for no makeup/natural days - this fits the bill. Very hydrating and evens my skintone out. I did a comparison and only applied it to one side of my face, and it really glowed with this product. The side without looked dull and tired. I like the spf 21 as well. I like to use Revlon Colorstay but it can be a bit thick. I cut the Colorstay with this CG BB cream - and it's just perfection! I like the squeeze tube and you get quite a bit of product for less than 7 dollars (Walmart). I've tried all department store brands (Chanel, Estee, Clinique, Lancome, etc) and this is the best. Drugstore makeup is on par if not better than the high-end products for a fraction of the price. CG BB and the Revlon Colorstay and my face is flawless! LOVE!

on 8/15/2016 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was keen to try this out and when I first applied it, it ticked all the boxes - hydrating, correct colour for me (yay!) with some SPF protection. I didn't expect it to be full coverage or anything like that, just a tinted moisturiser, really. Well, in the moisturising department it worked well and felt light while still feeling hydrating. But over a very short time it became very greasy and patchy and disappeared off my face by the time the day was over (probably sooner - around the 4 hour mark actually). It looked a mess, like I had been working out all day, even though I was just out for a leisurely lunch and stroll with friends. I might test it out again with some setting powder applied but that just seems like more effort than I should have needed (it's a tinted moisturiser!). I don't really recommend this in a warm climate or if you'll be in the sun for a while. It might work in cooler conditions on more normal/dry skin.

on 9/8/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I initially bought this product because I wanted BB cream that was (1) would match my pale skin; (2) had some SPF; and (3) wasn't super expensive in case it didn't work out. This is around $6, has SPF 21, and does work for my skin, so it matched all 3 of my criteria.

Like other reviewers have pointed out, this product is essentially tinted moisturizer. It's very sheer and lightweight, which is a plus if that's what you're looking for. I can tell that my skin tone is a bit more even after I put it on, but I don't know if most people would be able to tell the difference.

My main complaint is that I have been having issues with breakouts on my forehead that developed around the time I started using this product. Previous reviewers with sensitive skin have mentioned that this was not an issue for them, so I do not know if this is just my skin reacting to an ingredient in the BB cream. It's also possible that the breakouts are due to other factors (stress, sweat from summertime heat), but I do believe that the product has at least contributed to the problem

I was torn between giving this product a 2 and a 3, but I ultimately went with a 2 because of forehead breakouts. I might try this product again after my skin clears up, and if it works better the second time around I will update my review.

on 9/8/2016 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this as a lighter alternative to foundation & it works amazing! Light coverage and matches my skintone perfectly. Doesn't look cakey on the face and makes my skin look very glowy.