Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer
Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

4.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Hexylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Mel / Honey / Miel, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA Urea, Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centaurea Cyanus Extract / Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 3/3/2018 5:46:00 PM

This is my favorite concealer ever! It seems they don’t sell it anymore at Sephora, got replaced with a concealer that is a lot stickier (tiente idole?) But was glad to find Effacernes at Macy’s.

on 2/3/2018 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

What you don’t realize when you are younger, is that products that you adore, will suddenly stop working as you age.
I had a few favorite concealers - NARS being one of them, that now cake around my eyes and show every little line. Some lines that I didn’t even see until I put concealer on!
I have searched for the perfect under eye concealer. This is it.
It is amazing. Coverage with no caking and no creasing. Even after 12 hours ! It’s expensive but you need very very little so it will last a long time. It’s highly pigmented but not pasty. I love this SO much that it is now the only thing I will ever use again. My search is over. Even if the price went up- I would still buy it.
If you are struggling to find a concealer for mature skin, you won’t be sorry with this. I am an N20 and use light buff for the record.

Best concealer I've ever used. Does not age my under eye area.

on 10/22/2017 11:13:00 AM

This is a long lasting concealer best applied with a brush specifically made to apply concealer. It dries quickly as most concealers do so brush it in as soon as you put a speck of it onto your moisturized skin! I bought this to carry in small purse for emergency situation = shadows under my eyes! This was in short supply at better dept. stores the last time I bought it .

on 8/24/2017 4:13:00 AM

For me, it was a total disaster. I ran out my estee lauder long wear concealer and the seller persuaded me buy this product instead. I am 35, with very dark circles and line wrinkles down my eye. Unfortunately, this product does not seem to cover my dark circles and the worst of all, sits to my wrinkles and shows them worse. I was that unsatisfied that i could not wait to finish the product and bought again my estee lauder concealer. One of the biggest dissapointments I had with cosmetics.
PS: No, it is not waterproof for sure

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been on a concealer kick lately and trying a bunch. I was using this for under eye concealer but hoping I could spot conceal as well. I got this in the lightest shade, porcelain 1. This was drying, cakey, and oxidized. This gave me old lady orange under eyes. I tried different eye creams and brushes/fingers and finally gave up and returned it. I was sad because the description sounds like just what I need. Oh well.

on 6/6/2017 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Brilliant undereye concealer, in a practical and hygienic squeeze tube with lots of product for your money. I tried it in store, went out, used the bathroom in the shopping mall and when I washed my hands I was taken aback by how good my undereye area looked. I had to go back and purchase it. And I never act on impulse. Two months later and I still believe this is the best around. I am NC 25 in winter and the shade 04 was the best match for me. I do believe they should add some more options in terms of shades and undertone though.
Overall this has worked a treat and I am very happy with it. I set it with Laura Mercier brightening powder and Ii have had no issues at all. It doesn't crease and it's very long lasting (pretty much all day on dry skin). I don't know about the waterproof claims though, still haven't cried in it!

on 5/29/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great formula, looks so natural! The color is perfect for me. I like the consistency, it has medium coverage which is perfect for daily use.

on 4/24/2017 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I initially bought this for concealing darkness on the undereye area but discovered it works really well for concealing hyperpigmentation as well.

I'm 42 and have fair, very sensitive skin and in the past few years - a whole lot of hyperpigmentation. Upper lip is the worst (and the most embarrassing) but I have it on the tops of my cheeks and between my eyebrows too.

So this has been a nice discovery. I have tried many products. Various heavy-duty foundations (dermablend, dermacol, double-wear maximum cover...) and a ton of concealers (a few from the double-wear line, laura mercier's secret camouflage, makeup forever's heaviest coverage - can't remember the name...mac prolongwear...and so on) I've tried mineral powders too (which cover quite well actually but don't last on the skin).

Some covered well, some lasted well on the skin, some did both, but all of them looked unnatural and noticeable (cakey).

This product is very smoothing and it doesn't accentuate the fine lines on my upper lip area. It does need to be set but the overall effect it far better than what I had been acheiving previously. Sometimes I use it on it's own and sometimes I add a thin layer of Makeup Atelier's waterproof liquid foundation, which is another winner for me and matches my skin perfectly (in the shade flw2b).

Which brings me to the shade range. Not great. I use 02 beige sable, but it is a tad too pink and too dark for me. The lightest shade was too light and the wrong color for concealing darkness and brown patches. Somehow, even though it's too pink and too dark it works very well on the upper lip area and the undereye area but anywhere else it's just wrong. So I add the Makeup Atelier to correct the shade when needed. Doing this makes it a little more cakey though.

I just hope it can make it thru the humid summer months without melting down... if it does I think my search is over.

on 3/14/2017 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating
- blends easily

CONS

- coverage very light
- not buildable

COMMENTS: This doesn't provide enough coverage at all, nor is it buildable. I like the creamy consistency; very easy to blend. I just don't think it's worth the money considering it doesn't make much of a difference when on.

Will not repurchase.