Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Long-Lasting Undereye Concealer

Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Long-Lasting Undereye Concealer

4.3

Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Hexylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Mel / Honey / Miel, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA Urea, Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centaurea Cyanus Extract / Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 7/27/2016 4:04:00 PM

This is good but not great, its thicker than what I would like but it does not budge. The main issue I have is that it looks completely flat, no reflective particles to diffuse light, so it looks a bit blah with a matte finish. This is why you really do have to try the colors out in person. I like the fact that it stays on all day, its sets pretty quickly and once it does, it doesn't like being moved. I find if I try to adjust it too much, it becomes patchy. Its also a little dry, hence I moisturise well beforehand. I wouldn't repurchase, I still like Revlon Colorstay concealer better, its more liquid, not drying but just as pigmented.

This does a pretty nice job of concealing, and the price is quite reasonable. It comes in a squeeze tube, so you apply with your fingers or your own applicator. I wish it had a built-in sponge-top or brush like other concealers have, but that's a minor quibble.

My complaint is that the finish is a little bit shiny, and also as the day wore on, it interfered with my mascara and gave me raccoon eyes. It also settled into fine lines. For this reason, I'm thinking it's more suited to younger women with no lines. Maybe it's just a little too oily for my skin. At least it's not one of those really dry concealers that don't work well with more mature skin. I've been using it only in the inner corner area, and then I don't have a problem, but to use under the entire eye just doesn't work for me because of the raccoon-eyes effect that happens after a few hours.

They sometimes give out samples of this when they're having a GWP.

For now, I'm sticking with Chantecaille and Bobbi Brown for my concealing needs.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/5/2016 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have ridiculous dark circles and have a cupboard full of concealers. This is by far the best I have ever tried. It covers without caking and lasts most of the day. I am olive skinned with dry under eye area and the medium color is perfect. I only use a tiny amount and have had this tube for four months with a way to go!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of my favorite undereye concealers! You can build off it and it covers very nicely. I would say it is pretty pricey but staying power is great and it gives the results I have been looking for in a concealer. Water resistant yes: Water proof: no.

Will be repurchasing

on 5/16/2016 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry and sensitive.

I didn't find this thin concealer (in a tube) to be very effective as an undereye concealer, but it works great as a light foundation for my dry skin. I think I might buy it for this purpose.

on 5/14/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In short this is the best concealer I have tried.. Absolutely worth a try. I've never used anything quite like it. It looks like skin, like healthy beautiful skin, doesn't transfer onto everything, doesn't sink into skin and make you look 100 years old. . plus is so easy to work with.

Now the long version plus some background info to give you an idea about my skin/concerns/preferences and shade matches below:

*My skin - Combination, dehydration-prone. Oily t-zone. Sensitive mainly to fragrance ingredients.essential oils and sunscreen filters. Warm golden yellow and olive undertones. Slight redness around the nose.

*Current Shade Matches include MAC NC42, Becca in Bamboo, MUFE Ultra HD in #153 = Y405 - Golden Honey or Duo Mat in #209, L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion in 5.5, Maybelline Fit Me in #240, NARS in Barcelona, Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide in Chai, UD Naked Skin powder in Medium Warm/Foundation in #6. I prefer soft, natural make-up for daytime without SPF and work in a fast-paced environment (healthcare) so it must last with minimal or no touch-ups for 8-10 hours at least.

*Concealers I've tried and LIKE: NYX HD Photogenic Concealer, Maybelline Fit Me (seriously lacking in good shades though), NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, MAC Conceal and Correct Duo, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, Burberry Cashmere Concealer
*Tried and HATE: MUFE Full Cover (thick, unnatural, feels like gum on my face, totally visible in daylight) and MAC Studio Finish in the pot (wayyy too thick, drying), CG TruBlend Concealer Crayon (stinks like really old pencil lead,waxy, creases, blends like expired paint, awful shades), BeneFit Boi-ing (just meh. . .creases too much)

Review: Overall product/formula 5/5, Packaging 5/5 (easy to travel with, not messy) Price 3/5 (good value, not insanely over-priced)

Using - Bronze IV (though this shade no longer available I think or maybe the name has changed?, will check Lancome counter and update if I find out)

Coverage/Finish - Coverage is medium not heavy. Very light silky slippery texture, feels and blends like a lightweight foundation - not waxy or thick at all. Love the formula, I prefer natural make-up and this is so easy to work with and looks great in photos and in real life. Smooth and easy to apply with just about anything: brush, fingers, damp sponge. I prefer a damp sponge misted with a bit of glycerin/rosewater. Buildable but don't expect heavy duty coverage from this. Suitable for most imperfections/brightening around eyes. I use this mainly under my eyes and sometimes around my nose where I have some redness which this covers well while looking natural. Sets to a semi-matte/natural matte finish on my skin. I usually set with MAC's MSFN or Marcelle's Translucent powder. Some days I skip powder altogether and it's fine though doesn't last as long. I would recommend setting with some type of powder for best results. I also love that it DOES NOT emphasize the skins texture but rather smooths it out and is basically like a skin colour "veil" - so it's not like every bump or tiny pore is magnified.

Wear/Longevity - Wear is superb. Very comfortable, doesn't dry nor irritate my sensitive skin. Doesn't cause those horrible dehydration lines I get from many cakey concealers. I don't notice any separation even towards the end of the day - it does fade slightly but very evenly. I usually apply make-up in the morning and wash it off with an oil-cleanser (Kose's Softymo) after work or in the evenings. On average this lasts about 7-8 or so hours before fading slightly. I don't experience any creasing/cracking or sinking into pores etc. It does fade more quickly in humidity or extreme heat/sun - then again so does any make-up.

Cons?- None really. . but colour range desperately needs to be expanded, at the store there were like two or three darker shades out of 13 total? Most options are in the fair-medium light range. . .hello lancome its 2016 not 1940.. .if they can make a decent shade range for foundation why not this concealer?

Packaging: Squeeze tube, great for travel or tossing in your bag. I prefer tubes like this because it is more hygienic than doe foot applicators or brush tips/click pens, also less waste.

Repurchase/Recommend?- yes. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to cover minor imperfections such as redness, dark circles, or just to brighten up the eye area.

on 5/1/2016 2:56:00 PM

Please please please do not waste your money on this! I made this mistake after reading good reviews and was looking for a better concealer than the one I've been using for few years now (Estee Lauder Double Wear). First of all, it just doesn't sit well on the skin. It's kind of powdery and it just does not look good under the eyes, especially if you have some fine lines (I'm 31). It doesn't melt into the skin, the texture is just wrong, very unnatural finish. The coverage is pretty poor. I've got pretty bad dark circles and even after a second coat some darkness still shows. Second of all, it creases like crazy after like 2 hrs wear, and that's provided you haven't smiled or squinted a lotl! And that takes us to longevity- creases and fades quickly, even when set with powder, which I really didn't want to do as it only added to an already dry and wrinkly look I got with this overpriced piece of sh**... The only positive is the amount of product you get for your money, but if the product is cr*p then that doesn't really matter!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Definitely one of the better concealers that I have tried.

The only con I can find about this product is that it doesn't have enough shades for me and my preferences :(

Consistency is great. Very light and easy to blend and it has some SERIOUS staying power. I have a lot left but will forsure be repurchasing when it runs out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't wear foundation because I hate the feeling of it all over my face. It's one of those really intrusive sensations that ruins the rest of the experience, like wearing a mouthguard in hockey. Instead, I aim to keep my skin looking as good as possible, along with judicious use of concealer. Under-eye circles are my only consistent problem, and this concealer is true its the name. It really covers up dark shadows, doesn't crease, and stays on forever. Also importantly, it comes in pale shades (I use Porcelaine 1).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only LancĂ´me product I use, but it's the best concealer I've found so far. I get dark circles sometimes and it's a life saver. It won't erase puffiness but it will cover the darkness. It is waterproof (in case you tear up) and it's creamy. I noticed that with this concealer, the best way to apply it is with a concealer brush (the large fluffy kind). It is a little thick if you put it on with your fingers but with a brush you can pat over the entire area of the eye without caking it on. The color range is decent, and I like the tube packaging. The only drawback for me is the price. $31 is a bit much for concealer.