Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Long-Lasting Undereye Concealer

Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Long-Lasting Undereye Concealer
Effacernes Waterproof Long-Lasting Undereye Concealer

4.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Hexylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Mel / Honey / Miel, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA Urea, Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centaurea Cyanus Extract / Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 6/6/2017 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Brilliant undereye concealer, in a practical and hygienic squeeze tube with lots of product for your money. I tried it in store, went out, used the bathroom in the shopping mall and when I washed my hands I was taken aback by how good my undereye area looked. I had to go back and purchase it. And I never act on impulse. Two months later and I still believe this is the best around. I am NC 25 in winter and the shade 04 was the best match for me. I do believe they should add some more options in terms of shades and undertone though.
Overall this has worked a treat and I am very happy with it. I set it with Laura Mercier brightening powder and Ii have had no issues at all. It doesn't crease and it's very long lasting (pretty much all day on dry skin). I don't know about the waterproof claims though, still haven't cried in it!

on 5/29/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great formula, looks so natural! The color is perfect for me. I like the consistency, it has medium coverage which is perfect for daily use.

on 4/24/2017 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I initially bought this for concealing darkness on the undereye area but discovered it works really well for concealing hyperpigmentation as well.

I'm 42 and have fair, very sensitive skin and in the past few years - a whole lot of hyperpigmentation. Upper lip is the worst (and the most embarrassing) but I have it on the tops of my cheeks and between my eyebrows too.

So this has been a nice discovery. I have tried many products. Various heavy-duty foundations (dermablend, dermacol, double-wear maximum cover...) and a ton of concealers (a few from the double-wear line, laura mercier's secret camouflage, makeup forever's heaviest coverage - can't remember the name...mac prolongwear...and so on) I've tried mineral powders too (which cover quite well actually but don't last on the skin).

Some covered well, some lasted well on the skin, some did both, but all of them looked unnatural and noticeable (cakey).

This product is very smoothing and it doesn't accentuate the fine lines on my upper lip area. It does need to be set but the overall effect it far better than what I had been acheiving previously. Sometimes I use it on it's own and sometimes I add a thin layer of Makeup Atelier's waterproof liquid foundation, which is another winner for me and matches my skin perfectly (in the shade flw2b).

Which brings me to the shade range. Not great. I use 02 beige sable, but it is a tad too pink and too dark for me. The lightest shade was too light and the wrong color for concealing darkness and brown patches. Somehow, even though it's too pink and too dark it works very well on the upper lip area and the undereye area but anywhere else it's just wrong. So I add the Makeup Atelier to correct the shade when needed. Doing this makes it a little more cakey though.

I just hope it can make it thru the humid summer months without melting down... if it does I think my search is over.

on 3/14/2017 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating
- blends easily

CONS

- coverage very light
- not buildable

COMMENTS: This doesn't provide enough coverage at all, nor is it buildable. I like the creamy consistency; very easy to blend. I just don't think it's worth the money considering it doesn't make much of a difference when on.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading the reviews here and watching Hot & Flashy on YT who called this a HG concealer for an older generation (ekhem, I'm almost 40) I've literally GALOPPED to the Lancome counter in a nearby Boots to get my hands on this.

I don't know, maybe my hopes were too high but unfortunately this concealer is a disappointment to me and my dry, getting crepey, baggy, wrinkly and shadowy undereyes.

Let's start with the colour selection. Someone must have had too much of du vin at the Lancome's headquarters! No 1 is practically WHITE. Next colour is bright pink, number 3 is bright orange (but not like in a colour correcting way, oh no!) and the one I have finally settled for with my 020 in Chanel & Dior foundations (which is quite light beige colour with some yellow/olive undertones, generally pale and my underlies tend to be purple in colour), no 4 is mid-beige with some peach undertones colour.

The coverage leaves a lot to be desired - I've added 3 layers under my one eye when I was testing this in my office's bathrooms (harshest light EVER but oh so good to see all the flaws) and it still was not covering much. It went into my lines pretty much straight away, which makes me suspect that it does not set AT ALL, so if you are switching from NARS creamy concealer to this - beware. In the end, the one undereye that had only a thin layer of this, got powdered (after patting in whatever got into my lines) with my MAC Blotting powder (definitely not the best powder for the job but the only one I had in the office) and that managed to hold it for several hours. It made it however to look dry, patchy and unattractive - not the look I was hoping for! I will try it with a NARS Translucent powder tomorrow like one reviewer here did and we'll se what it gives - I'll update you all here if the change is drastic.

A big plus however for a huge quantity and a hygienic tube, hence two lippies for each. Although, bear in mind, it should only last for 6 months after opening - maybe it is due to the sunscreen in this.

on 2/10/2017 1:42:00 AM

A couple of years ago, I was becoming very frustrated with the way concealer was making my under eyes look. My under eye area looked dry and crepey, and it was making me feel self conscious. I went on a mission to find a better concealer. I tried MANY concealers
and finally settled on the Lancome Effacernes. It gives great coverage without looking cakey and heavy on the skin. It doesn't emphasize fine lines and make the under eye area look dry. I like to apply it with a small brush and then tap it in with my baby finger. I try to keep the concealer away from the outside area where the smile lines are. I let it set for a few minutes and then tap out any that may have settled into any lines. I then apply a tiny amount of the NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder to set it. This combination works well for me. The powder used to set your concealer also makes a big difference. Since discovering this concealer, I'm not the least bit interested in trying anything new. I can't imagine anything being any better! I would highly recommend trying the Lancome Effacernes concealer, especially for those who have dryness under the eyes.

Best concealer I've used! It's thick, covers REALLY well. i only use a tiny dot of this for both my eyes. also doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores if i use it anywhere else on my face. it's the perfect concealer!!

on 1/23/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

ok its not cheap- but this is ultimate concealer! hides dark circles, stays put and feels light. Def a yes from me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really nice concealer for those who are looking for crease free long lasting result. I always had creasing issues and older I get more crease my eyes have.

Pros:
- stays all day long, no need for touch ups
- waterproof but easily goes away with makeup remover
- doesn't crease (huge plus for that!)
- has medium buildable to high coverage
- doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive eyes

Cons:
- it's a bit thick, I can see it being applied (I love melting into skin products)
- it's very matte, shade mismatch will be very noticeable
- require knowledgeable application, sets quickly, can get patchy if you try to blend it
- since it doesn't like to be blended it's good for the eyes only
- very notable on pictures, gives grey cast

Before I saw how do I look like on pictures I thought I'll buy it again, but no, I won't. I think it's better to have more dewy finish around the eyes rather than plain matte.

I went out to try this concealor after seeing all the great reviews and.......................Its not for me. Most of the shades are with a pnik base rather than yellow and forget the coverage I just couldn't find a match for my NC30 skin. Very disappointed.