Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer
Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

4.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Hexylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Mel / Honey / Miel, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA Urea, Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centaurea Cyanus Extract / Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 9/8/2018 12:56:00 AM

Overall, this is a good concealer. I would probably purchase this again. Doesn't leave my under eyes looking dry and haggard. Actually, looks hydrating without creasing but I do set it. Water proof claims aren't true but it is very long wearing. Covers very well without color correcting first.

Pros:
Great shade range
Creamy, blendable
Long wearing
Product last for a very long time
Hydrating
Doesn't crease as long as I set it

Cons:
Price

I like this one. It's a keeper.

I am 37 and realized I was getting to the point where finding a good concealer is tricky. I am kind of a perfectionist and don't like texture highlighted. I went to Ulta and the MU artist tried several concealers on me. Many of them were bad. I told him what I wanted. I wanted a concealer that would hide under eye circles while not emphasizing texture. I also just wear BB cream or very light coverage bases and did not want a competing and obvious heavy texture under the eyes. A little brightening is good. A little racoon eye is not. I asked about the Lancome and the sales girl next to me said that one was heavy (ironic since she was the Tarte rep). I could have sworn it was a lighter cream. Then I had the artist get the one he wanted to show me, the Benefit Boiing air brush on one eye and the Lancome on the other. There was not a massive difference in the shade or ability to cover. The eye with the Lancome just looked 80% smoother so I picked it up. I am glad that I did. It is an awesome formulation for me and really does stay put through workouts or 100 degree plus So Cal weather. At first I thought my shade was just barely too light. Once it settled, it was perfect. You get a lot of product in the tube. The price is on the high side but fair. I also like that it has SPF to prevent future aging. It also feels soothing on. I have no complaints.

Tip - Nude lip colors have been the bain of my makeup existence. They usually wash me out or do not have the right undertone. I also picked up the Lancome Nuit et Jour cream lipgloss. It has good pigmentation like a lipstick and is one of the most comfortable formulas I have ever tried on my lips. The color has just the right amount of a peachy salmon undertone to make the very light color super flattering.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Returning, mostly because it doesn't cover, it's not waterproof and whatever coverage I do get out of it, which is very little, fades after 3 hours on my dry skin.

Hi MUA,
Today I'm going to do a review of the Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Anti-Cernes Long Tenue, Long- Lasting Undereye Concealer 0.52oz Tube.

REVIEW:

I've had the same tube for 3 year's so a little goes along way. It covers all and everything that needs to be covered. Red broken capillaries, dark undereye circles, scars, ect! Well it works really well and it is Waterproof, sweatproof, smudge proof. The only Concern is that it is a bit pricey for my budget. Luckily it was a gift, I was very happy to get as a Birthday Present from my Husband. I keep telling him that there are awesome drugstore ones a more than half the price of $31.00! I have combination skin, so it works. I'm the frugal one, but he does like to slurge once in awhile for me. It's very creamy and it does what it claims! I'll name some frugal ones later on. Overall I'm very happy with this concealer. I've also done some frugal concealers in past reviews. But we know a new concealer comes out a few times a month.

COMPANY CLAIMS:

This natural coverage concealer lets you instantly eliminate tell-tale signs of stress and fatigue. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage, evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes for a soft, matte finish. All skin types
A new radiance illuminates your eye contour, naturally and gently. Dark circles are concealed, radiance illuminates and unifies the face and softens the features in a microdiffusion of light.
Your make-up remains fresh, natural and maintains excellent hold for hours. This product has great coverage. Excelent product! Great coverage and texture!

WHAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE?
It's water-in-oil emulsion formula uses a micro-diffusion of light to help brighten the complexion and reduce the appearance of fine lines. Helps protect the skin from free-radicals, while its SPF 12 protects from the sun’s damaging UV rays. Enriched with extracts of cornflower and camomile to comfort the skin. Technology:
Light diffusing technology - micro-diffusion of light to help reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Extracts of cronflower and camomille - give an instant feeling of well-being with anti-free radical protection.
Adding Effacernes concealer to your morning beauty routine is a great way to cancel out any darkness or redness around your eyes, making you look instantly awake and refreshed.

HOW TO USE:

Use a brush to apply the product beneath your eyes and then gently tap it in with your fingers. Set with a light veil of pressed powder. Goodbye dark circles!

INGREDIENTS:

AQUA / WATER / EAU, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, OZOKERITE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, MALTODEXTRIN, MEL / HONEY / MIEL, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, METHYLPARABEN, SILICA, PROPYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, DISODIUM EDTA UREA, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA EXTRACT / MATRICARIA FLOWER EXTRACT, GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CENTAUREA CYANUS EXTRACT / CENTAUREA CYANUS FLOWER EXTRACT, [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, MICA]

Customer Service
Need help with your order? Send us an email 24/7 or chat with an advisor 1-800-526-2663 8:00 A.M. - 12:00 A.M. Eastern Monday - Friday, 10:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M. Saturday/Sunday.

MAKE A PURCHASE. MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Lancôme is honored to partner with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital ® Join us in the fight against childhood cancer by giving a donation at checkout. Support the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital mission: Finding cures. Saving children.
So, it's so creamy and does what it claims, I will recommend this. I'd love to get this as a gift again. Bit expensive, but lasts and is worth it. (Ebay has it cheaper) but I'll stay frugal on my part. L 😁❣️

I've given up on undereye concealers since my early thirties because they didn't make me look better. I'm 41 now and the only thing that was allowed to brighten up my dark circles up to now is YSL's Touche Eclat Nr. 1 or Lancome's Teint Miracle Foundation that is light and moisturizing enough. When I heard a youtuber recommend this concealer for "mature" skin I was skeptical at first but now I'm happy to report that this really is a fantastic concealer that's high coverage but moisturizing without being greasy.
It feels like a silky gel but fortunately not like silicone, it's difficult to explain, it feels protective. This performed well during the entire day and didn't crease or settle in fine lines. I also used it as a primer for my eyelids and it did a fantastic job in making the skin look luminous and naturally perfect.
Strangely enough, I have it in Nr. 1 which is a very light but flattering slightly peachy light rose colour and it adapts to my NC 25 skin so well that I was quite surprised. I set it with Laura Merciers secret brightening powder but I'd say that every finely milled powder should work with it.
The most important part is to find the right colour - you really have to apply it to decide which one suits your skin best.

on 5/10/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After many trials and errors, I found this concealer after Dermablend discontinued one that I had been using for years. I use neutral beige which perfectly eliminates dark undereye circles. At first I was upset when a SA at Sephora told me that it was discontinued, but after visiting Lancome online I found this untrue and purchased mine at Bloomingdales. One of the things I love about this concealer is that I can dab it on and apply more if needed, set it with powder and have it last all day. It has never separated on me even after a hard workout (No face makeup when I workout, only mosturizer and under eye concealer.)

on 3/3/2018 5:46:00 PM

This is my favorite concealer ever! It seems they don’t sell it anymore at Sephora, got replaced with a concealer that is a lot stickier (tiente idole?) But was glad to find Effacernes at Macy’s.

on 2/3/2018 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

What you don’t realize when you are younger, is that products that you adore, will suddenly stop working as you age.
I had a few favorite concealers - NARS being one of them, that now cake around my eyes and show every little line. Some lines that I didn’t even see until I put concealer on!
I have searched for the perfect under eye concealer. This is it.
It is amazing. Coverage with no caking and no creasing. Even after 12 hours ! It’s expensive but you need very very little so it will last a long time. It’s highly pigmented but not pasty. I love this SO much that it is now the only thing I will ever use again. My search is over. Even if the price went up- I would still buy it.
If you are struggling to find a concealer for mature skin, you won’t be sorry with this. I am an N20 and use light buff for the record.

Best concealer I've ever used. Does not age my under eye area.

on 10/22/2017 11:13:00 AM

This is a long lasting concealer best applied with a brush specifically made to apply concealer. It dries quickly as most concealers do so brush it in as soon as you put a speck of it onto your moisturized skin! I bought this to carry in small purse for emergency situation = shadows under my eyes! This was in short supply at better dept. stores the last time I bought it .