NYX Professional Makeup Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NYX Professional Makeup Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)
Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)

3.0

on 5/21/2018 1:12:00 PM

I have this lip liner in two shades - Nude and Sand Beige. I much prefer automatic lip liners to the regular pencils that have to be sharpened all the time. I have been happy with the application and wear of these lip liners.

The shade Nude has been a close match to my lip color. I have used it all over my lips with lip balm on a "no makeup" makeup day. It has also coordinated well with the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi to define the edges after application.

The shade Sand Beige has been a lucky find for me. It is very close to the discontinued Jordana Easyliner in Honey Dip that was my long time favorite. I had an almost fully used up Honey Dip liner that I was able to dig a little bit out of and when swatched it was so close. Honey Dip was maybe a tiny bit more warm brown but NYX Sand Beige is a great replacement.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I should start this off by saying that I absolutely adore NYX. They are killing the drugstore makeup game. But sadly I just don't like this lip liner. I bought it in the shade Dark Red to wear with my NYX Snow White lippie. It's a lovely color, and it really stops lipstick from bleeding or feathering. However (and this is the deal breaker for me) unless I over-balm my lips, this product drags across my lips terribly! And it breaks, even though I don't use a lot of pressure when applying it. I just bought it about a month ago, and have only used it about 5 times, yet I'm almost down to the end of it because it keeps breaking off. I find that unacceptable! I will stick to NYX's slim lip pencils, as I'm never dissatisfied with them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got this in the shade Plum, and it is absolutely horrible. It clumps up really badly, and the tips breaks off. It is impossible to get an even or precise line with this. I'm really disappointed, because I really like the size and the packaging, but I would definitely not recommend this.

on 8/1/2015 12:32:00 PM

I have the retractable liner in the shade "nude pink". The color is a deep pink leaning on the side of berry... not exactly nude. However, it is still a fabulous color. It's creamy, highly pigmented, and from my experience with it, causes no feathering. Truly the only downside is the FLECKS OF GLITTER put throughout the entire thing. I know it doesn't claim to be matte, but seriously? Glitter?

on 6/28/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I hate this lipliner. I am considering tossing it. I have Dark Red. It is messy, bleeds, drags, clumps...awful awful. I LOVE the NYX regular slim lipliner pencils. I should have not strayed! On a positive note, the red is nice and deep. I will hopefully find a regular lip pencil like Dark Red, but not such a mess!

on 6/16/2014 1:33:00 AM

I've been on the hunt for a perfect drugstore nude/mauve lip liner for years, I go trough them like crazy since I use nude lipstick everyday and not only is this the PERFECT color for me but I no longer have to sharpen it! I feel like I waste more product in the sharpener than on my lips, maybellines toast used to be my go to lip liner but its always sold out, I went trough many purchases before this NYX nude lipliner and its by far my fav. It applies so smoothly and has great staying power, and it goes great with all my mac nude lipsticks. The hunt is over :) I will purchase this over and over again and can't wait to try the rest of the colors.

Popular Lip Liners