Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Guimauve de Soie

Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Guimauve de Soie

1 review

on 7/16/2012 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I attended a conference in Boulder, Colorado, recently, I made sure I snuck away for a few hours to search out the Essence Studio. I like perfume, but I have some sensitivities that make it difficult to find a fragrance that really works for me. I loved being able to spend some time in the shop smelling everything available. I was surprised that I liked so few scents. Most were too old fashioned or too one-note for my taste. But I fell in love with one of Dawn's new fragrances: Guimauve de Soie (marshmallow silk). It is a complex blend of floral, fruity, and slightly powdery scents. It is very soft, and yet it really lasts on my skin, making it perfect for me, since I prefer subtle fragrances, but I'm not interesting in reapplying during the day. It's sweet, soft, and smooth, just as I would imagine marshmallow silk to be, if there were such a thing. And it doesn't make me sneeze or give me a headache.

Top notes: Anise (Aniseed), Bergamot, Bitter Almond, Lemon, Ozone

Middle notes: Ambrette Seed, Bulgarian Rose Otto, Mimosa Absolute, Orris Concrete, Parma Violet, Violet Leaf Absolute, Wood Violet

Base notes: Australian Sandalwood, Civet, Cocoa Beans, Green Oakmoss, Heliotrope, Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla continued >>

Popular Fragrances