Tarte lipsurgence lip stain

Tarte lipsurgence lip stain

3.8

on 5/16/2016 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in exposed. It's nice...I'd give a 3.5 if I could. Has more pigment than a typical lip tint. A bit of a menthol taste at first but it goes away. It's a nice matte nude. Probably lasts as long as most other tints. I prefer lip products that last but this is good for a quick touch up if on the go.

Tried this in Charmed and I wanted to love it soooo bad. The color is a pretty light pink and goes on smooth and light. But it is really sheer on me and doesn't look anything like the color of the product. It does feel nice on my lips and even a little minty. I would try in a different color....maybe

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/18/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm rating this product pretty high considering I wouldn't buy it again. This is for Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain in Hope. On me (very fair, yellowy) this is almost a deep fuschia. When it was first applied, I had high hopes because it looked really good and it's hard for me to find "bright" tones that look good on me. However, the color faded quickly and became uneven. Also, it felt very drying and I just couldn't handle that dry feeling. I have dry lips naturally, so this product didn't help. Very sadly I'm returning this. It reminds me of Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain only 3 x the price and drying.

I was skeptical of tarte as a brand. I liked the emphasis on natural but some mid end brands aren't very high quality. Their outrageous claims didn't make me think any more highly of them. I was gifted a few of the lipsurgence pencils and I was blown away. The matte pencils felt smooth, they weren't drying in the slightest and my lips always looked better after a day of wearing them. I found them to be far superior to the NARS velvet matte lip pencils. The minty smell is refreshing but not over powering and I hope to see more shades in the future.

I bought this in the matte version in exposed and lucky. I also have it in the lip luster in adored.
I LOVE these. They are so moisturizing! They last long and don't have any offensive smell/taste. Every shade is just gorgeous, and if I could, I'd buy them all. They're so flattering and creamy and light.
It claims to "increase moisture content by an astonishing 6000% after 28 days". I'm not sure if my lips are 6000% more moisturized...but there is definitely significant improvement. Even though they are a bit pricey, they are so worth it! I will definitely be buying these again.

Popular Lip Liners