L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H (waterproof)

L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H (waterproof)

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

First time I used this I hated it--The trick is to wipe as much off the brush as possible, and put a very thin coat on your lashes. This results is darker, longer lashes that can hold a curl. Doesn't smudge any throughout the day.

If you just take the brush out and start applying it without wiping it off you will get sticky, clumpy, spider lashes.

I'm very surprised also that this mascara received low "lippies" and I don't know why, it's a great product. This is my HG of 3 mascaras! Here's why, it makes your lashes plump and gives me unbelievable long lashes in two coats. It doesn't flake. It's not a 'wet' mascara so it doesn't weigh down my lashes and it holds a curl. I am asked all the time if I am wearing fake eyelashes, and get tons of compliments. This mascara makes your eyes pop. It has staying power, no doubt! It does require patience with getting used to the thicker brush. But I do think that this is one of the better of the thicker brushes! It does take some time to get this off at night, but it really does do what it says and I love it! I didn't give it a perfect score because nothing is perfect... Yes I would recommend this product and definitely would repurchase it! I hope this helps!

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/30/2015 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this mascara yesterday after my maybelline pumped up volume dried out. I was sick of how short lived it was and decided it was time to try a new mascara. So far I am impressed with this mascara! I have medium length, medium volume lashes and two coats added a lot of length and volume! It is not too wet so it doesn't get on skin around the eye, and wasn't any harder to take off than other waterproof mascaras.

on 11/23/2015 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This has got to be, hands down, one of the best hidden gems at the drugstore! I don't think I've ever been so impressed by a mascara. I've been on the hunt for a new waterproof mascara that made even half as good on its volumizing claims. This stuff rocks! I'm also surprised, as another reviewer mentioned, that the rating is so low for this.

I was very concerned by the size of the brush because I've used bigger brushes in the past and always ended up accidentally dabbing mascara on my contacts when I used them. Somehow---this NEVER happens even though this brush is definitely one of the biggest ones I've used. There is a bit of a dip in the middle of the brush so maybe that helps?

What this does for my lashes:

-Gives me buildable, fluttery, yet defined lashes (I can seriously grab and feather out every single lash)

-Holds a curl like a total champ

-Doesn't clump, smudge, or flake

-Offers weightless, comfortable volume

The formula is oddly creamy, yet almost dry and I have a good feeling that as the product "ages" it will only get better. It has been my experience that the best mascara formulas start out needing to build up a few coats to get the effect you're after and as they thicken up over time, just flat out become amazing after two coats. I was going to wait a little longer before posting my review but I'm so impressed with this I couldn't wait. My sister just commented tonight on how pretty my lashes looked so I decided to go ahead and write my review.

This has been in L'Oreal's line up for quite some time. I'm a little nervous they could discontinue it but I'm hoping (fingers crossed) they won't. I used to lump this mascara in with the Voluminous Extra-Volume Collagen mascara since they're usually displayed right next to each other. I've bought the Extra-Volume one before and I HATED it---just a clumpy, heavy, goopy mess. Let me tell you, even though both these mascaras have collagen in their formulations, they are TOTALLY different! As much as I hated the Extra-Volume, that's how much I love the Power Volume. This is my new HG mascara!

on 10/12/2014 1:20:00 PM

Why is the rating so low? Two coats in pic above, no combing. Just thick, long dramatic eyelashes!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pleasantly surprised by this one. I had no trouble with clumps, absolutely no smudging or flaking, and it does volumize really nicely. Nice big, thick brush that I find easy to use, also.

on 5/14/2014 12:16:00 PM

I'm in love with this mascara! The brush is GIGANTIC, in a good way in my opinion. It gives you great volume without clumping together, which is surprising for a bristle brush this big…

Another thing I look for is a mascaras ability to hold a curl, and this works great! Keep in mind that I only wear waterproof, mainly for this specific reason. Waterproof mascara holds a curl so much better than non-waterproof. My lashes stay curled all day long with none/minimal flaking (only if i've rubbed my eyes a bit i've noticed). I work in a cosmetics department and I constantly have people asking if i'm wearing fake lashes, and when I say no I sell this mascara no questions asked.

It does dry out a bit after a week of so, but I personally like a dryer formula of mascara, again because it hold a curl better and doesn't weigh down my lashes. It also looks really nice when paired with Lancome Cils-booster, you've got unbelievable doll-eyed lashes perfect for a night out!

I always recommend this if you're looking for a budget friendly, big-volume mascara!

on 4/22/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara is excellent at 1) staying put all day through long work days, naps, heavy rain, and more; 2) holding curl; and 3) CLUMPING. The first two qualities are great, the third is a dealbreaker for me: I'd rather have no mascara on than have to deal with weird spidery clumps.

It's a shame because the formula's staying power is so impressive. However, this mascara's brush is a joke. It's gigantic, making CG Lash Blast or Diorshow Extase's brushes look petite in comparison, and completely worthless as it comes out of the tube covered in clumps, which then transfer onto your eyelashes. I have zero patience for pulling out my eyelash comb at 6 am when I'm putting mascara on and trying to work out every little clump and wonky spider lash when I can layer a few coats of Lash Blast 24 Hr and be out the door looking fantastic.

Bottom line: this mascara does get some things right, but there are many waterproof mascaras on the market at this price point that volumize and lengthen better and have better brushes. I would only recommend this product if holding curl for a lengthy period of time is your only criteria for a mascara.

on 1/30/2014 12:58:00 PM

I've been using loreal's voluminous line of mascaras since high school. They have been my HG. This had got to be one of the best ones I've tried. After curling my lashes with a shisheido eyelash curler and applying two small coats of this, my lashes look incredibly long and thick. Almost to the point of fake. It's great at holding a curl and pretty much lasts all day. I can't believe there are bad reviews on this product. Probably one of the best mascaras I've used, including benefit's they're real and LancĂ´me's hypnose drama.

on 1/17/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the worst mascara I've ever bought. I can't really rate the product because it seems so little of it actually makes it onto my lashes. This brush is horrible!! It doesn't seem to actually get any of the product out of the tube and if it does, it doesn't really transfer to the lashes very well. The brush is spindly and big, I'm almost afraid to get it too close to my eye because it look like it could do some serious damage. My lashes certainly aren't thicker, longer looking or fuller. They look like they have a little coating of product, nothing spectacular. I should have stuck with lash stiletto but I'm a sucker for new waterproof formulas and I had to try this :(