MAC Whisper of Gilt

MAC Whisper of Gilt

4.5

I purchased this during the MAC Snowball collection for Holiday 2017. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous. The highlighter is a beautiful golden champagne shade that looks good on my NW18 skin. My only complaint is the flecks of glitter in this. It has rainbow looking sparkles in the sun , which I could do without. I haven't seen any other reviews stating this , so maybe they changed the color since the last release.

on 1/12/2016 7:10:00 PM

This is a limited edition item from MAC. This is a gorgeous golden highlight! I try to use it sparingly because it's LE. I think it'll suit any skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This has recently become one of my staple highlighters. It provides a gorgeous gold glow on the face and looks lovely on fair skin. I do have to apply this lightly, as it can border on metallic frost if overdone.
Overall, this is my new holy grail!

on 4/24/2013 11:44:00 AM

Awesome Highlighter! Well worth the money, and will definately buy again. It highlights the cheeks and under the brow , like a champ.

It's extremely blendable, and you definately don't need alot., which is awesome because it's pretty pricey, but it will definately last a long time!

on 6/5/2013 12:47:00 PM

Adore it ! Would possibly sell my grandmother for more. I really wish it was ongoing. I'm pale. Nw10 from Mac is still to dark but this still looks great on me and I love it on dark skin tones. Feels amazing to apply.

I cannot express my love for this highlighter! It is absolutely amazing, its reflects such a beautiful golden sheen to the face which makes you look like a glowing goddess!!! I use this sparingly because it was limited edition and I dont want to ever run out of it!!!!

on 12/27/2012 2:00:00 AM

NGL I bought this because it looked so pretty on the display. However I was pleasantly surprised that it looked amazing on my face too. I use it on my cheekbones & top of my brows to accentuate. Be careful not to overdo it because when it's too much, it'll highlight your pores instead. Otherwise it's very subtle & on bright lights or daylight it's not visible at all. But on dim lighting, it gives a dewy look on my face, making me look like smoother & more-flawless. I am sooo in love with this product! The only downside is the price & reduced quantity - honestly MAC is getting more & more overpriced for the quantity you get!

Beautiful color as the other reviewers have said. I would love to have a back up of this! Alas, i don't but the color is so flattering. I'm a PPP but have also shared this with my best friend who has a very deep skin tone. It looked different on both of us but great. Love this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This was an over hyped product and I feel very lukewarm about it. I've been looking for a good highlighter. I have mac vanilla pigment which I love as a highlighter but I wanted something pressed-I'm not confident in my ability to press it myself. I got this and found it a little dark and yellow on my skin. Also, the payoff was lacking-it took a lot of layering. I expected it to be much more buttery and smooth but it was a little dry and difficult to get it to show up as a shimmer. I expiremented with a lot of brushes trying to get it right and never quite did. It swatched amazing but when it showed up on my face it looked yellow. I'm sticking to my pigment.

on 1/20/2013 2:38:00 PM

Mac says its a almost liquid formula. I don't find that to be true but it is different than the normal MSF's. This colour is a gold highlight and is perfect for my fair skin.