MAC Cosmetics Full of Joy

MAC Cosmetics Full of Joy

4.2

on 1/17/2018 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Oh man, oh man. "Full of Joy" was locked and loaded in my beauty arsenal in high school (I'm about to graduate college now). I constantly rocked candy-like, cool-toned purples and pinks. For reference, I have cool, yellow Asian skin and the pastel lavender brightens up my cheeks and whole face. Usually, I do the blush draping method with this and apply another blush of-choice on top. This blush works better layered underneath another shade if you're going for a natural look (lavender blush ain't natural, folks!).

on 5/19/2017 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I bought this awhile ago in a search for a true lavender blush. This isn't that, but somehow it's really grown on me. It's a soft girly lavender blue-pink; says frost, but that's pretty subtle in my book. (I have Sleek Rose Gold; THAT'S frosted/shimmer!) I'm NW 15/20 (fair, neutral leaning cool).

I had started using mostly cream blush and got this 'cause I couldn't find a true lavender cream. Recently, I've been experimenting with a "less is more" concept for everyday makeup, rather than using every product possible, just those that will give me the biggest bang for the buck. I find I like this best used over a light coverage base, all by its lonesome, no cream blush and no highlighter. As with Tarte blushes (generally less pigmented ones), I prefer a smaller dense brush, helps deposit more color. I wear a soft cool eye (gray, lavender) with this, and a cool lippie, and it looks just lovely. The color looks like it was made for ME. I don't find it ashy or frosty or hard to build up, but I am pretty pale. Oh, and I am prone to some redness; one thing is that since that isn't red at all, it doesn't pick up on the redness, in fact seems to counteract it a bit. (Still love my red blush and lips, but need more corrector with those.)

I plan on picking up a backup, seems as soon as I decide something's HG, they discontinue it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm always on the lookout for a lavender blush with some shimmer. I first had one by Wet n' Wild in the early 1800's and needless to say, that, along with a few other rare finds along the way have since been discontinued. Mac had a limited edition powder called Sakura which was absolutely perfect but, ya know...limited edition. My complexion is fair but warm and for whatever reason these kinds of shades really suit me.
Full Of Joy is too light and maybe a *little* too lavender (could be a touch more pink?) to be the perfect find but, for me at least, it's a great cheek highlighter, providing enough of the look I desire to keep me from ending it all.
Side note: I purchased Snob lipstick (and gloss because on it's own it can be a bit chalky) with it and they're all dreamy together.

on 12/16/2015 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS THE ONE! Yes, I have found the blush that I will love and cherish until my last breath. This is a beautiful light lavender pink with a sheen that looks soooo glowy. I get so many compliments when wearing this. I look like a little doll! I have neutral NC33/NW23 skintone at mac and 030 at Dior and 4+4.5 at Urban Decay and this shows up amazingly. I do prefer this when I'm wearing a more yellow based, dewy sheer coverage foundation since it looks natural and effortless. The texture is lovely since its a frost finish, it doesn't look too powdery. If you like Margin, I definitely recommend trying this.

on 11/2/2015 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is absolutely perfect for my NC10-15 skin during winter! Where I live there's tons of snow like 3 months a year and a cool toned blush for those months is stunning so I get a lot of wear out of this! It's frost finish and that doesn't bother me but I get that it might be an issue for some people but doesn't contain glitter, it just gives a gorgeous sheen. I find this kind of light lavender shade really unique so I'm definitely happy I got this one even tho it's a bit pricey!

on 6/22/2015 3:39:00 PM

Can't live without it!!! I'm socking up this 4to5!! This color is exactly what I want which is blue-ish light pink no reddish at all with is very rare color and hard to find, I got compliment at least a couple of times when I'm wearing this color in the past,best of best color!

on 5/14/2015 10:54:00 AM

I love the cooler blue toned blushes. I have an Orchid Tone and several pinky blushes but on one of my trips to MAC my regular gal on a whim tried this one on me. Yes it is VERY lite and you have to work on building it up. I'm a medium/lite skin tone and my hair is platinum/blond and this does show up on me as a very lite lavender but I can build it up. If I went back to Brown or my darker red this might not be as pretty or as obvious. I also use this as a highlighter or a blush topper for a pinky glow to my skin. It's not overly shimmery and the pinkish/lavender glow uplifts my coloring.

I can see this as a very narrow following. If you are of a darker skin tone this maybe very Ashy on you or you might be able to use this as a highlighter. If you are looking for a subtle hint of color or something that will also work as a highlighter this maybe the one to try!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have very fair skin (most foundations don't have a shade light enough to match me), and this blush is WAY too light for me. It doesn't deposit any color, just a frosty lilac mess that looks super ashy.

on 11/8/2014 3:56:00 PM

I have ALWAYS been a lilac blush lovey! Even if I gad to dust some shadow on I will!

I have been eyeball-in this & meh'g by it since I figured I was over it. NOT! I was getting tired of the flushy pink look & I'm not tanning so my face requires different product & application...shades...blah blah. I don't even know my shade...21 in Dior Star. No clue for MAC...I don't wear it.

I bought this a few days ago & I'm tickled purple! I feel beautiful with this on! I absolutely love this. I apply it as a blush, highlighter blended with pink cult. I love it so much I dust it on my eyes & forehead! For a natural soft glow. NOT a fake flushed rosy pink mess. I hate that look (on my at least on me). There is no duplicating a natural flush IMO.

I'm lovin & as everyone else has said its the best lilac out there. Yes it worth buying even if you are just going to dust! The effect is one of a kind!

I guess on darker tones it might look ashy...but blending it with another shade really makes this baby pop!! And I feel anyone & everyone should have this puppy handy! It fades like everything else, just keep one with you! It's THAT BEAUTIFUL!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

on 7/30/2014 3:28:00 PM

After much googling of swatches and reading of reviews, I decided on Full of Joy in my quest for the perfect lilac blush. Despite packing it on with multiple layers, it didn't show up. At all. I don't know my "NC" rating, but I'm medium, warm, with yellow undertones. I have many light/ baby pink blushes (cheap ones too) which appear much lighter in pan compared to foj, and those show up just fine so I know its not that my complexion is too dark. Also, I ordered it from Nordstrom so I'm sure its authentic. Perhaps there is a difference between the original le version and the new permanent one. Maybe I got a bad batch? The only thing I know for sure is, its going back!

Popular Blush Products