SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

SHISEIDO Eyelash Curler

4.8

on 11/25/2013 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Much better than the cheap once out there. And I even think that the price is fair. :)
I'll buy it again if it breaks.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have short straight asian lashes and this works miracles for me! If you have monolids or short straight stubborn lashes this eyelash curler is for you! Please please go out and buy it right now and run! Lol it is my holy grail! It will work miracles for your lashes it's amazing! I highly recommend to everyone! Best product I have ever purchased. I cannot say enough how wonderful this curler is. It changed my life. Better than Shu Uemura!

BEST EYELASH CURLER EVER!

on 3/1/2013 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I am biracial Asian-white. My eyes are larger than the average Asian eyes and my lids are more hooded than the average non-Asian eye. I also inherited my Caucasian side's hairiness (in fact I'm probably hairier than most white people...don't laugh). As much as I hate having to wax my upper lip and pluck my brows every two weeks, being hairy blesses you with naturally long eyelashes. But you can't see them under my hooded eyes without me curling them. Shu Uemura and most other curlers are way too curved for my eyes. I could not find a flatter curler anywhere. Shiseido's is the only one can that grab just about every section at the root because of it's flatter curvature. The Shiseido curler might be a little TOO flat for me or someone with very round, popping eyes, but having a too flat curler is better than a too-curved one because you can just move it around and curl in sections. Can't do that with a very curved curler.

I never realized how much of a difference an eyelash curler can make until the past couple years. Prior to that, I was always blaming mascaras for not making my lashes curl and pop out. For a really long-lasting curl, you can take a lighter to the top metal part (careful not to burn the rubber!) for a few seconds. Just like curling the hair on your head, heat will help your lashes stay curled.

on 12/17/2012 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked it a lot. It curls my lashes ery nicely and I think it's just great.

on 7/18/2012 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a really nice curler. I've tried drug store curlers, but it doesn't give the natural curl like this one does.

on 1/6/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A long time ago I used a Revlon curler and wrote a review on it. It was sad. I then bought a Shiseido curler from eBay (from a Hong Kong seller), and it was great! It was the drugstore kind you find in Japan. Unfortunately through an airline mishap, it was lost (warning: do not pack any electronics or anything you really care about in check-in luggage!) and I had to replace it.

I bit the bullet and bought what I thought was ridiculously expensive from Sephora but was worth the money: Shiseido The Makeup Eyelash Curler. I have very flat, monolid eyes and am blessed with short, stick-straight lashes as well. The Shiseido curler does a good job of not pinching my eyelid (as long as I'm not super careless) and getting all of my lashes. I don't like "L-shaped" lashes, so I use a upward, continuous curling technique. (An old video from Enkore about this:

) I don't heat it up beforehand, but the few times I've taken the effort, it is really effective.

It's easy to keep clean and is an attractive, dark metal, purplish color. I'm not sure what else to add to the other raves people posted. :D It's definitely a staple for me. I would hate to, but if a certain terrible airline lost my luggage again, I'd buy it again, no qualms.

(Note: If you buy a curler from ebay, double check the listings. Not all Shiseido curlers are the same. I bought the 213 curler for my sister this past month and it was NOT the same either. It was insanely curved and neither of us could get it to reach our lashes at all.)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No pinching, pulling or pain! Hands down, the BEST eyelash curler I have ever used! (Shu Uemura, move over!)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My Shiseido eyelash curler has proved immensily reliable– fits most eye shapes, retained its shape, and has lasted four years thus far (including everyday use). Contains a replacement pad. Pricey, but as I expect from the price, a quality product. Should I ever need to, I would not hesitate in repurchasing.

on 5/11/2010 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have short lashes that dont have volume, length, nothing. so i thought it was because i bought a crappy curler from those japanese stores thats like $4 and read about shiseidos and i thought id give it a try since its such a popular brand. pshhh what a dumbo i was, its just like anyother curler but jacked up to $20, i do admit its better than the $1 ones but i mean you can totally get something close for much less. i curled with this and apply mascara and it still falls, i apply mascara than curl and i get the same results but alittle more mushed and not natural looking. i went back to the store and thought maybe its the mascara and theyre mascaras are SOOO chucnky clumpy thick and hard to remove, they stick to you like the devil haha.i told them the curler didnt do shit and they said i should try theyre base primer and i did and it helps.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I use this curler with the mascara base and Cover Girl Lash Blast. I have semi-short asian lashes.

When I first bought this curler I wasn't very impressed. My lashes would hold for 5 seconds and then droop down afterwards (even when I applied with mascara base). In a really embarassing way, it wasn't until 4 years later, that I was curling my lashes one day and I decided to open/close the curler 10 times on each eye. Amazingly the curl held up for the whole day! I was very surprised and happy about my newly curled thick and longer lashes that I always wanted. For me personally, I don't feel the need to blast this curler with a dryer for it to curl better because it works well on its own. This is definetly a staple in my bag.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools