China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

Filtered by age: 25-29
China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a stunning dark silver sparkle polish! When it dries it looks like glitter embedded in concrete! It's viscous and easy to apply, and it dries well. Like most China Glaze polishes, it's a little smelly, but it's worth it for the color payoff and precise application.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is an absolutely beautiful nail polish and reminds me of granite (I know some people think more of graphite). If only this nail polish had more staying power! It started chipping within 24 hours of first application despite having used one coat of OPI natural nail base coat and 2 coats of stone cold for a solid colour. I touched up the next day and it chipped again within a few hours of the touch up despite the fact that I was at home the whole time not doing anything intensive using my hands. I'll have to give it a go with the Essie Matte About You topcoat once my order arrives in the mail as I don't want to sacrifice the matte effect for longer durability with a normal glossy topcoat. In terms of the actual application, I was so happy about the quick drying of the formula and didn't find it too hard to get an entire layer done on a nail before needing to dip back in again. I'm a little concerned about the hardiness of the nail polish over time though. I'm afraid that, because of the rapid drying, I'll get halfway through the bottle one day and find that the rest can't be used because it's dried out due to repeated exposure to air. I hope one day they consider bringing this out with a more durable, chip-resistant formula. Until then I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off this is a wonderful color with quite a bit of depth to it. The subtle shimmer really reminded me of good graphite. I wore this with a base coat and had a few troubles getting a smooth first coat on. It was full opacity with one coat, but I went with two to even out some of my own user errors. Unfortunately chipping is a huge problem. I had to do a few touch-ups through out the week to keep it looking okay. By the end I added a glossy top coat and it still looks amazing color wise. I may have to test this out with a matte top coat instead. Removal took more elbow grease than I expected however.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is amazing and really really unique. The formula is a tad tricky because it dries so quickly...the finish can be kinda lumpy if you don't work fast enough. The matte finish is gorgeous and it looks amazing under a shiny top coat as well.

Unfortunately it chips. I used base coat and top coat of course, but nothing helps. You won't make it 24 hours without a chip, and that's just unacceptable to me. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy it again :( But it pains me because it's such a gorgeous color.

on 5/5/2012 10:39:00 AM

I love this nail polish. It dries as a matte graphite color that reminds me of pencils. The formula is great in that it only needs one coat and dries within a minute. It did chip a bit when I wore it without topcoat. Maybe pairing it with a matte topcoat is the solution?

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my first time trying a matte polish. I used this with a base coat on my toes and have not had problems with chipping. It was opaque with one coat, but I applied another just to smooth over my own errors in application. It was thicker than I expected, but it dried down to a smooth finish. I like that even though it's a matte color, it has some very muted shimmer that gives it a little something extra.

Popular Polishes