NYX Professional Makeup HD Photogenic Concealer

NYX Professional Makeup HD Photogenic Concealer
HD Photogenic ConcealerHD Photogenic ConcealerHD Photogenic ConcealerHD Photogenic Concealer

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol,Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethylmethacrylate, Silica, Sorbitan Olivem, Magnesium Sulfate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax,Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, and Xanthan-Gum. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77491), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77492) Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), or Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 3/8/2019 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

In short: too dry-looking for my under eyes, though (might) work well for spot concealing blemishes elsewhere.

Full review:
I was looking for concealer that would 1) neutralize blue and purple tones under my eyes and was 2) more moisturizing and darker (skin colored) than the Maybelline Age instant Age Rewind Neutralizer I typically use, which is very long wearing, yellow based/brightening, but has a too-dry finish for me to wear liberally.

I bought the NYX HD concealer in the shade CW 04 Beige, as well as a couple shades (#15/20) of Maybelline's Fit Me concealer. I found this to be similar to the FitMe #20 (Sand) shade, though a little bit darker and veering slightly more peach. On me, the NYX HD beige concealer was more of a skin tone color as opposed to a brightening color, which was just fine. I didn't have an issue with the color so much as the finish. For my needs, it's way too drying / dry looking and accentuates dry skin and fine lines under my eyes. I prefer the finish of the FitMe ( while not really moisturizing, it doesn't leave my skin crinkly and dry looking like this product does).

I rarely have the need for spot concealer other than the undereye area. I think this product might be great for spot concealing blemishes, since it's very long wearing, matte, and the color range offered has some neutral options.

As far as a stay-put concealer (that I can only use in tiny amounts), Instant Age Rewind Neutralizer already has me covered in that area, so I have no real use for this product.

I admit, I am fond of most NYX products, so I might be rating this higher than I would some other brand ;-).

on 3/8/2019 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This did not work at all for me. It didn't cover my undereye dark circles well and was not long lasting at all.

I do like that they had a decent color range, but besides that...it's a no.

on 2/22/2019 8:07:00 PM

This is my HG concealer! I have been looking for a good concealer that offers great coverage and a nice finish- not too greasy or too dry. Doesn’t settle into lines! The finish of it is so nice I sometimes use it as a foundation, with a light coat. I wanted something that didn’t have parabens or other harmful ingredients, I checked the ingredients out on www.ewg.com and they are clean! I am prone to getting eczema and I usually get are ups from make up (drug store or natural). This has caused absolutely no flare ups. Also, can’t beat the price!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this. I'm not over-the-moon in love with it, but it's a solid option at a great price and I will likely repurchase, as I have already about 4x. It's creamy, blendable, and available in a good range of shades- many in neutral and yellow undertones, which is helpful if you're trying to spot conceal a breakout. Last time I purchases, I noticed NYX even added a few more "in-between" shades to their previous lineup. It is one of the few concealers that I am actually able to use both for under eyes and blemishes. My only gripe is the lasting power on the latter. For some reason, it just doesn't always hold to a stubborn, awkward zit, even when set with powder. Still not a bad buy.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

As someone with a hard to match skin color that is easily botched, the Tan shade of this concealer is heaven sent perfection. The reason I consider that is because the undertones are perfect...Not pink, orange, red or yellow, blue or green but a lovely marriage between them all with the addition of the most perfect, wheat toast of a shade. Not muddy or ruddy. Just a balanced, radiant golden light toffee shade. The formula is incredibly realistic on top of it. It looks just as great and natural in reality as it does in pictures and video. It blends seamlessly on to the skin with a soft, satin finish. My only wish is that it were as dewy as Touche Eclat or it's Boots no7 doppleganger, but at least it doesn't oxidize or give me hives like them and it is such a value for the quality. If it costed 4-6x as much I would still buy it, just on the quality of the color alone. NYX has seriously proved to be a formidable player in cosmetics with this IMO. It deserves an applause.

on 11/12/2018 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It’s the perfect shade for me and it blends well

on 11/4/2018 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Great concealer. the packaging is pretty standard with a doe foot applicator. My favorite about this is the number of shades. I needed a concealer close to my skin tone, I know most customers look for a lighter one but I needed a right match. I found it with NYX. the concealer has medium coverage and a liquid texture. It dries down quickly but it doesn't dry out your under eye. I actually bought a second shade.
This is a solid concealer. the price is the icing on the cake. bought my first for 7$ on Target. I bought the second at 3$ on Walmart.com. Steal!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used to be obsessed with finding the perfect concealer to completely cover my dark circles, but as I've started to develop fine lines and under eye dryness I'm more concerned with finding a concealer that doesn't age me. This shows my lines, but doesn't crease or grab on to texture and the coverage is about light to medium. I love how natural it looks, it's as if I'm not wearing any concealer and I was blessed with hardly any dark circles. I don't set it either and it lasts all day.

I hate how it's only 3g of product though, so I'm constantly repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The shade match for this is amazing! (Cappuccino)! The applicator is a little wonky and awkward, but the overall product is good product by NYX

on 7/6/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this concealer. I keep re-buying it! It's creamy, blends easily and not drying. My only complaint is -- once I get towards the bottom of the tube, the formula starts to break me out a little bit, nothing major but noticeable by myself.