Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Liquid 24h Longwear SPF 15 Foundation

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Liquid 24h Longwear SPF 15 Foundation

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3 Inactive: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [ /- May Contain / Peut Contenir/ Ultramarines, Iron Oxides / Titanium Dioxide]

on 4/17/2018 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am torn on this product. The coverage and colour is spot on. The pump is great. It lasts a fairly long time (wouldnt say 24hrs but definitely at least 12). My problem is that is cakes or cracks around my nose. I have this issue with a lot of matte foundations despite my skin being an oil slick. I can usually remedy this by being extra diligent to blend around my nose and avoid excess powder. I have found you need to apply this foundation and blend very quickly. If you let it sit on your skin it'll leave splotches (like a circle where you dotted the foundation, the edges won't blend away). This foundation is great for mixing though which is mainly while I keep it around. Mixed with Covergirl Elixir it is a dream (Covergirl's dewy-ness helps prevent the caking around the nose!).

on 4/11/2018 8:29:00 AM

ok so it´s expesive! But you know it´s Lancome, what els?
Pros:
- Blending in soooo god!
- Looks so smooth on the skin.
- The bottle is so beautiful.
- Have only tried to applied this with a sponge but that works good.
- For those hours i wore it, it lasted verry well.
- Smells good, con if you don´t like smells in foundatons.
-Comfortable to wear.

Cons.
-OXIDISING! It´s a big con! But i make it work with a little bronze body lotion or the summer tan. So go lighter or get a tan.
-Expensive. haha as i said first. Lancome.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation! I thought I was happy with my previous HG, Covergirl 3 in 1, but once I tried this, I'm not sure I could ever go back. Everytime I wash my makeup off now, I'm still sort of amazed at how much less product I am using with better results. My skin always looks so good when I remove it too, how can it look even better than when I went to apply it?

I noticed a few things with this, number one that it does not like primer much. My usual UD Optical Illusion was too much and broke the foundation up. A Lisa Eldridge video helped me though, as this foundation seems to prefer good skin care over a primer. If I use a hydration serum, or an actives concentrate, then a tiny TINY bit of primer, my skin looks glorious. I can even go over clean skin and get great results, but I'm not very oily, ymmv. A sample or two of this is a good way to figure out how it applies best or if it even works for you.

The pump on this is the best I've found, it allows you to pump out exactly what you need. This applies best in small sections, so in the end a few quarter pumps gives great coverage. It is thin but not watery, more fluid and blendable without being runny. Definitely more medium vs full unless you build it, but I find the beauty is in light layers. That's actually the best thing about this, it may cost much more but it also allows me to use less of all my base products.

The shade 090 is perfect for me, my only wish is that the matching concealer was an actual match. Or that the corresponding Dual Finish wasn't scented. I've found Essence All About Matt! powder works just fine with this and doesn't oxidize or alter my finish.

on 2/27/2018 10:33:00 PM

I was looking for something similar to doublewear but not as heavy. Longwear is really important to me and I don’t like too drying as I’m dry combo in winter. (Ice since found the perfect way to wear doublewear to make it perfect).
This is so unbearably scented. So perfumy and floral. It’s so unnecessary. It’s irritating and makes me itch. I can smell it on my face an hour later.
It has good coverage and lasts 10+ hours. It’s a little flat matte for me. Given I’m looking for medium full long lasting and it ticks that box I’ve given it three stars but OMG the smell!!

on 2/4/2018 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have combination NC skin.

This foundation is really good. And I say really good, but unfortunately, not great.
It smells nice, applies in thin buildable layers, and feels good on the skin.

My qualms are:
- it tends to sit in my pores the more I apply. Particularly on the forehead. I expect it to blend out as my forehead is quite oily and this is a mattifying formula, but no dice.
- I find it can’t see me through a workday, even with primer.

It’s a good foundation in minimal application on my skin type, but not one that I would pay $64aud for again considering the drawbacks.

Skin Type: dry to very with hormonal acne and Rosacea around my nose and mouth

I recently bought this foundation in 215 BUFF N. I’m a huge fan of Lisa Eldridge and now that she’s creative director of Lancôme, I wanted to try out a foundation from them. Unfortunately, this is not a good foundation for my skin type. It does have excellent coverage to the point where you can build enough *THIN* layers to use it as a concealer, which is great, however I wanted a foundation, not a concealer and honestly, this feels like I’m covering my face in concealer. I put thin, thin layers of this on and then build where I need a bit more coverage. Unfortunately, as I build the coverage, it starts looking like I have foundation on my skin no matter how much I blend, blend, blend.

I cannot speak for combo and oily skin types, because my skin is relatively sensitive with Rosacea and is dry (and very dry in the winter). I also tried adding some face oil (Josie Maran argan oil) to the application, but I was still a bit unhappy with the result. It really clings to dry patches (which are impossible to avoid on my face) and even my little peach fuzz facial hairs. Also, it amplifies my pores too. Yeah..this foundation just did not work out for me at all. I really like Armani luminous silk foundation. It’s ~$15ish more expensive, but it works on my skin to the point that it literally looks like my skin but flawless in a totally normy, nom-patchy/flaky way.

My biggest suggestion would be: get a sample and use it for at least three days before buying. Had I done that, I would’ve really noticed how it interacted with my skin and I would not have bought it. Just testing it in the store was not enough for me and I regret only doing that. It’s $47 so it’s worth testing at home first.

I will say however, if this foundation DOES work for your skin, it’s good value because it’s got such good coverage, you only need to use a little and the bottle is really big.

on 1/14/2018 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this for a few years and love it. It is my tried and true, go-to foundation. Smooth and good coverage. Lasts all day even if I don’t prime or set! The bottle lasts me over a YEAR so that makes the price not so bad!

This is my favorite foundation ever, and I have tried about a million of them :) It looks beautiful on the skin, buildable coverage, lasts for hours, isn't oily or drying. I usually wear drugstore makeup but I'm more than willing to pay for this foundation! it really is great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

*This is truly one of the best foundations! It has all of the perfected elements for a fantastic foundation; it possesses a sublime satin-finish which never clings to dry patches - individually, and relative to others, I get a lot of dry patches due to using topical acne treatments so this is the most important factor for me. It has medium to full coverage which does cover a majority of the redness from my post-acne marks, but still has to followed up with a concealer to have a flawless complexion - although I do stay at medium coverage as I prefer a thin layer of all-over coverage since my skin overall is even in tone besides the post-acne marks. It does last last all-day on the less oilier parts of my face, but does begin to breakdown on my nose after around eight hours - which, nonetheless, is appealing to me as other satin foundations only last around four hours on my nose. However, some things are too good to be true in life; this foundation was breaking me out severely therefore I had to stop using this immediately. I will still rate the product five-stars as it is still a splendid foundation.*

on 12/18/2017 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have very acne prone , acne scared skin , red marks galore, this foundation covers wonderfully! I have tried many kinds and this by far has competition beat! I apply with a foundation brush and stipple on acne scars which gives the most coverage. the only con I have is its not great with t.zone oil control. I have to blot my skin throught the day. its okay thought because this product is worth it. it dosent brake me out! yay!