Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Liquid 24h Longwear SPF 15 Foundation

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Liquid 24h Longwear SPF 15 Foundation

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3 Inactive: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [ /- May Contain / Peut Contenir/ Ultramarines, Iron Oxides / Titanium Dioxide]

on 6/21/2018 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very good foundation. I have sensitive, combination skin with an oily t-zone. Despite a consistent skincare routine and using formula-consistent primers, every foundation separates or transfers on my nose and chin half-way through the day. Until this one. It does not separate or transfer once set with loose powder. It does not irritate or flake on the drier areas of my skin. It has a medium-coverage, semi-matte finish. Also, miraculously, it comes in my shade (100 Ivoire N). I do need to apply some powder around my nose after about 6 hours of wear. Overall, I would highly recommend trying this product if you have oily or combination skin and want a long-wearing medium-coverage foundation.

Edit: After reading the reviews of this product, it strikes me that many people have not had as much success using it as I have. I apply this foundation with my fingers after moisturizing with La Roche Posay Double Repair Moisturizer UV and priming my T-zone with elf Poreless Primer. I set the foundation with Dior Nude Air Loose Setting Powder and spritz with Skindinavia Oil Control Setting Spray. The steps before and after using a foundation have a huge impact on how long it lasts, and this foundation performs better than any other I've used between these steps.

This foundation is a huge winner for me! My shade is Beige Porcelaine 010, though 011 and 01 are both passable shades for me also. There is a wide variety of shades with both cool, warm and neutral undertones in this line, which is great. I find that this foundation is medium to full coverage, depending on how much I apply. It applies easily and smoothly with a soft kabuki brush. It looks flawless and natural on the skin, seamlessly blended rather than looking like a mask. It lasts on the skin all day, even in hot, humid and rainy weather. It doesn’t smudge or seperate. It is transfer-proof also. This is an absolutely gorgeous foundation, I am so glad I have it in my collection and will be definitely repurchasing. It is a go-to for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this is a medium coverage foundation however it is buildable without getting cakey. I have quite bad pigmentation so I have to use at least 2 pumps for good coverage. It has a BEAUTIFUL dewy natural finish and people can't tell im wearing foundation. However after 6 hours this foundation started to get very shiny around my t-zone ( i combination skin).
Overall, this is a great foundation with a wide shade range and amazing finish.

on 5/30/2018 4:29:00 PM

A sales rep at Sephora told me that this was comparable to ELDW so I decided to give it a try. ELDW has worked great but I wanted to see if I could find something that wasn't as dull. Lets just say it was an epic fail. After 3-4 hours I had areas where it had slid off (chin, forehead), and I was mortified to see it settled into wrinkles I never knew existed, creating horrible creases. I could probably make it work with an oil controlling primer but I prefer not to use primer on a regular basis. I did use an oil controlling powder but that was not enough to make it stay on. I'm going back to ELDW - at least that lasts all day - having to touch up makeup throughout the day is not for me. Steer clear of this if you need a foundation with oil controlling properties. It does give a beautiful finish while it lasts but unfortunately it's an expensive no-go for me.

I think its decent, but theres just so many of these long lasting foundations now that you gotta be really good to stand out and this one doesnt...great coverage, but it def looks cakey on my textury skin...clings onto dry patches and my pores are quite obvious

on 5/23/2018 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried it at Sephora and purchased the 215 Buff N shade although I thought it was too light when I used it at home (of course, I could never buy the right shade by going to the counters). My first liquid foundation ever and I'm disappointed, first of all, although they claimed that it's oil-free, it doesn't feel that way, it's really not oily-skin-friendly. The coveage is alright, medium like it states, not the best product for those like me with acne and acne scars. I don't know what it's talking about when it says 24-hour wear and transfer-resistant, nope just nope, didn't happen, maybe my oily skin is the culprit again. In addition, I apply the foundation with a dry sponge because with a brush it leaves streaks of makeup, sponge alleviates the problem, but it still feels kind of cakey, as if the foundation stays on top of your skin and doesn't really blend in...you know what I mean? Maybe this is common with liquid foundation.

Wait a minute ops, I just saw on the package that you're supposed to shake well before each use, ops, I don't think I ever did that, maybe this is why this isn't a magical product? Take my words above with a grain of salt guys.

Did I say I love the packaging though? Although it's super difficult to get the last bit of it out, and yes I tried my best because this is $47, my wallet is crying. OH AND, because of the pretty frosted glass container it comes in, I was shocked to find out that one day it suddenly barely pumped anything out anymore, like what? From the outside it looked as if I still had a whole container! So yeah be aware of that.

on 5/22/2018 6:16:00 PM

This product is a bit pricey but I do the how my skin looks when wearing it. I do like the medium coverage and I always get compliments on my makeup. I love the pump on the product but it is a bit heavy for travel . Overall I would buy this product again.

on 5/22/2018 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I’ve used every long wearing foundation on market incl double wear, color stay, Kat Von d, cover girl outlast, pro longwear, Bobbi brown, the new Chanel Long wear (2nd best) and more. I need transfer proof some days and long wear I have allergies always blow nose sweat etc. Just started wearing white cuz I’m a slob and stains are pet peeve and foundation marks are the worst. I only like liquids. Bare minerals worst nightmare it makes my tinyyy pores like craters and MAC powder plus dries me out plus too matte and doesn’t look good generally. Others mentioned have other faults like simply wear off on my tissue/clothes, fade, or look weird eventually like mottled for an example.

I use a non silicone primer moisturizing since longwear makeup’s seem to have a lot in them anyway and it slides off greasy. I know they say to pair silicone with same and Vice Versa but not for me.

Shade I got for now (nw25 & may get a little darker) was 390 bisque cool. It is dark but summer is coming! I apply usually w fingers and make touch ups w beauty blender and after it dries lightly place tissue to catch excess.

I ‘partied’ for 24 hrs the other day and besides slight under eye mascara mark at 11 am next morn, face was impeccable. Kat Von d was what I thought I was after but I thought I’d try a few for my bffs wedding coming up in summer where I’ll cry, sweat, and be photographed since I’m a bridesmaid. Never woulda prob looked at this one but there was nice bonus (I love their definicils mascara when I’m not doin waterproof which i usually look for since I have greasy eye area) and lady at Macys said try it return if no like. I’m not acne prone and I love scented stuff.

My base was 2 Face hangover primer (multitasking as lotion yummy coconut scent) mixed w a dab of shiseido spf 42 city sunscreen I think it’s called. It dries kinda tacky so the foundation stuck to it well. (I do this w all and it never worked as well). I used Clinique apricot corrector (hg) under. I LITERALLY had makeup on for over 24 hrs and didn’t budge that whole day of trying on clothes and night of partying where there was even extra nose blowing. Heh. Couldn’t believe it. I’m sooooo glad they told me at Macys!

I powdered w the white hd powder mufe like (all brands seem to make them now this one was some random Ipsy bag one). Applied my bronzer blush highlight did eye makeup lips brows and sprayed w UD all nighter (only spray that works for me). I do mascara last using the waterproof light pink big tube that L’Oreal makes (closest to my hg of better than sex). I’ve toyed around with all nighter before and never worked that well years ago hence trying like every other one in existence but either my skin changed or the UD one improved.

Wow. It’s worth a sample if your struggles match mine. Combo 39-yo but good (just red) skin. All skin dif so Kat Von d may be best for some since I heard it is the best. I don’t even like her aesthetic but if a makeup works idc. I’ll keep using the Chanel (42 I think??) in new long wear and lock it but Lancôme is the wedding one. For sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was actually soo disappointed with this foundation... I wanted a high end, long wearing foundation, and I trust Lancome cosmetics because they've always been good in the past and their mascaras are my favourite. At first I tried MAC Pro Longwear which I hated.. it was soo thick and oily and I hated putting it on my face. It just felt gross, so I turned to Lancome. I had high hopes for this foundation, but it was extremely drying and oxidized like crazy! It's soo orange! There is nothing good about this foundation except that it really is long wearing, if that's what you want. It doesn't come off. It contains A LOT of alcohol, so that explains the dryness. I don't wear long wearing foundations anymore because they're too drying and matte and I have dry skin and I prefer a dewy look. I was actually shocked that this foundation is so awful! What on earth is going on Lancome?! Surprisingly it was actually pretty inexpensive, only just over $50 or something I believe (which is cheap for a high end foundation in Australia). Still love their mascaras though. If you're looking for a long wearing foundation, seriously look elsewhere... unless your skin is super oily.

on 5/14/2018 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

ANOTHER UPDATE: This is now my HG. This is one beautiful foundation when you find what process for applying works for you. I use a brush and then go over it with a damp beauty sponge. The look is so satiny smooth. I can't say enough about this foundation.

UPDATE: I figured out the issue before and switched primers. I used the face base primer by Bobbi Brown and it made a HUGE difference. You need to have a primer that has moisturizing properties, otherwise, the foundation doesnt have much to cling to. I got so many compliments on my skin whilst wearing this the other day, i was floored. It was like night and day! This is now in my top 5 foundation formula's. Very pretty foundation, good coverage, long lasting. The best thing about this foundation is the way it makes the skin look ...super velvety and soft. I will be purchasing again.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: After months of watching reviews on this foundation, I finally decided to pick this-one over another brand I have been patiently waiting to buy. I was disappointed because there was nothing special about this foundation. I always find SOMETHING that I love about my makeup when I decide to purchase, but this did NOTHING for me. It doesn't accentuate the positives at all. I think you need perfect skin to wear this or atleast well hydrated healthy skin. I am not quite there and just recently adopted a face routine (cleanser, exfoliation, etc.) but I've come along way. In the meantime, other brands I've worn, perform way better than this one. I will give it a go one last time and if I don't feel special wearing this, its going back to Sephora. I use 14 brands of foundation and this-one was my most expensive purchase. So many Influencers raved about this but they typically have better skin than me. If you do not have perfect or near perfect skin, do not buy this foundation.