3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 days ago

This is my new favorite foundation to use on days when I don’t want anything to budge or transfer. Sometimes I break a sweat at work (mainly due to hot flashes) and this holds up. I generally prefer a full coverage foundation in a tube but the packaging swayed me and I think it looks luxurious sitting out on my vanity. Also my skin is dry but this doesn’t seen to make it feel any drier. The texture is a bit fluidly like a liquid foundation and is buildable.

About reviewer (310 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

2 months ago

Pros: * Non cakey, doesn't settle into expression lines * Medium coverage * Natural satin finish * Lasts most of the day * Great packaging Cons: * Strong scent * Oxidizes - my closest match is 010 but still not perfect * Price Despite the downsides I love the finish and ease of use - I might still repurchase but if I had a great color match this could be my go-to

About reviewer (944 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2 months ago

Is a great foundation for my sensitive skin. It doesn’t breaks my out. It oxidize a little, but with the right shade will be fine. This is the inly foundation that I can use it on a daily basis.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

4 months ago

This is the worst foundation I ever tried. Dry patchy, oxidise badly, did not cover pores and the smell is bad. Claim retouch free, by mid day my face look orangey, cakey and foundation faded off. Clogged pores and I have one pimple after using. Do not buy!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

4 months ago

I have not yet purchased this foundation, as it is $47.00 at Sephora and Ulta and I am waiting for a good sale before purchasing. Sephora did provide me with a sample, which I've worn a couple times and am absolutely loving the formula. It provides medium to full coverage, and I have not had any issues with transferring. I rub my nose and chin a lot while at work, and this has not rubbed off when I mindlessly rub those areas. I apply this with my Real Techniques sponge and find that my face looks smooth all day. The color 260 Bisque N matches my skin tone quite well. Hopefully there will be a sale before the year ends and I can add this to my makeup collection! UPDATE (10-11-2019): So I continued using another sample of this and had a different outcome - it seems to oxidize a little bit so that the color no longer matched down my neck in natural lighting. Also I noticed that it rubbed off a little bit under my nose (not attractive). I still like the formula overall, but not sure if I like it enough to purchase given the hefty price tag. Will have to mull it over...

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0

5 months ago

Update: I had to take off two lipsticks. This foundation, regrettably, breaks me out quite badly. I don't know why and it's sad because I love how it looks and performs, but I had to accept it breaks me out in spots each day I wear it. I used it on and off to be sure. I'll be trying the Estee Lauder again, because that didn't break me out. Old: I ordered samples of this and the Estee Lauder Doublewear. I immediately didn't like the EL DW because it felt and looked cakey, even though it didn't budge at all. The Lancome Ultra wear went on nicely the first time I used it, but by hour 10 it was breaking apart around my mouth....however....I tried it again yesterday and altered my skin care. I didn't wear my oil products, instead I used an oil-free moisturiser. I didn't apply a primer (didn't have one at hand). I applied the foundation with my brush and then "set" it with my bare pro powder as usual. Well...I wore this foundation for 16 hours and aside from a little cracking in the corner of my mouth (due to dry skin), this foundation lasted the entire time and still looked decent when I came to washing it off. It makes my skin look good, which is no easy task with my oily/dry combo skin. I am also spot prone. I get little oily on my nose and forehead (get that with any foundation), but nothing little blotting can't fix. I feel this foundation goes on smoothly/easily, dried fast but nowhere near as fast aas Fenty does. It's therefore easy to touch up a little here and there where necessary. It does transfer but not as bad as Barepro, MAC and others. I like it. My only irk would be that I can feel it on my skin, but for the lovely finish, and longevity it's worth it. It also only very slightly oxidizes, but it oxidizes to my skin tone ( I've been using shade 50 (UK), 410 (US).

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown

7 months ago

I love this foundation! I have combination skin (in the summer), with pores on the nose and hyperpigmentation left from pimples and it works beautifully. It's not perfect, no foundation will look perfect in my opinion if your skin itself is not perfect, but it's close. It looks good on the skin. Longevity is great, it's transfer proof and coverage is medium to full. I'm not sure if you could ever get full, full coverage though. I'd say one of the "problem" areas of this foundation is in the drier areas of the skin, where it won't look amazing but it won't look bad either. Also, the shade range is not that good, for fair skin tones at least. I have the EU shade 006 which is a shade for fair skin with neutral/ yellow undertones and even though the undertone is good, it oxidizes to about 1 shade darker and that's not that great. If only they released a shade or two lighter (depth wise). That would be great.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

7 months ago

Love this foundation. I have nothing negative to say about it. The finish is beautiful, soft velvety. Sets quickly and has great staying power. Only con is the lack of shades :( I cound not get a match.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

9 months ago

You would think given how inclusive brands are going they would have a shade that matches me but no. it was either too white or too yellow. Also, the application seemed a bit pasty to me (probably to do with the 24h lasting affect however other foundations which have the 24 hour claim too do not feel as difficult). The smell is the typical makeup smell - nothing special.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive

EyesBlack

9 months ago

It was a random discovery. I had an opportunity to try out the old version years ago- and hated it. So I stayed away until I saw that Lancôme refolmulated it and added new shades. One shade in particular caught my eye: 006 Beige Ocre. Previously all the shades have been too dark or too pink/neutral for me, this one looked promising and actually blended into my skin! So I could give it a shot, and I’m glad I did because it really is a great quality, long lasting foundation. I have a combo skin and prefer satin-matte finish so it’s right up my alley. - The coverage: medium (at most), which I like because I prefer lighter coverage. I apply it with my fingers, then use Beauty Blender to even out any streaks. - The finish: rather matte but doesn’t look flat. Actually, it looks so natural on my skin! The lasting power is great, like I mentioned. Unlike the previous version, it doesn’t dry out my skin. There’s one con: it oxidizes so get a sample first. Overall; recommend it to people with combo/oily skin.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

Age25-29