Shiseido Shimmering Cream eye color

Filtered by hair type : Straight

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dipropylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Paraffin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carmine (Ci 75470), Tocopherol,Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysilicone-2, Polyacrylate-4, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Methicone, Zinc Oxide, Tetradecene.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had experimented with cream eyeshadows in the past and it had not worked well for me,as I found it really difficult to work with textures like these.However,when I received this eyeshadow as a gift,I was tempted to experiment with creamy products one more time.I was happily surprised by how well the texture applied on my eyelid and how easy it was to apply,using just my fingers! I own the shade OR 313,which is a light pink with slight shimmer and it works perfect for a fresh,youthful makeup look! I bought the same eyeshadow for my best friend as a gift for her name day and she absolutely loved it!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love these eyeshadows. I own quite many of them, wear them all the time (with urban decay primer). They last all day, hardly fade out, and are highly pigmented. I dont hv problem with them drying out in the jar either, even those i bought 2 years ago. Absolute best! Only wish they are cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have not tried many other cream eye shadow brands(maybe two others?), but I never really had the desire to because I have been so happy with Shiseidos.

I have had owned a total of 6 so far and currently only have 4 left. I wont give a specific review on each shade I have or had, that's too long of a review. I will admit that my favorite is BR306 Leather. A warm medium brown shade with the most beautiful shimmer/very fine glitter that always gets me compliments with my dark/black brown eyes. I use this alone or paired with other browns. A close runner up is GR707 Patina, a grey/green/brown with fine shimmers and looks stunning against any eye color including my dark browns. There are many various colors to choose from(27 I counted).

The formula from all of them are super creamy, pigmented, and extremely bendable. When applied it, they all last for hours on my hooded eyes with minimal creasing. For some reason, the darkest, blackest shade BK912 Caviar, once blended and set, it's like cement and doesn't budge AT ALL, more so than the others. It really stands out as my most "hardcore" cream eyeshadow and thus, I also use this shade as well as all the others for lining my eyes. I cannot use powder to line my eyes to get that soft lined, soft smokey effect, It doesn't work, have tried. ONLY with these cream shadows I can do that look with success. They are NOT matte, they are all shimmers. The shimmers are so elegant, so refined you can call it "adult glitter". It's never too much.

I do have a problem with all of these shadows drying up quickly. I have resorted to storing these upside down and "restoring" them with eye drops and short blasts in the microwave(please be very careful when dong this and only a few seconds). I live in a cold and dry country so its unavoidable.. Each eye shadow is not cheap(I also live in a very expensive country, Switzerland) I have shelled out the cash for these, and I love these to pieces, so I will do whatever it takes to prolong the life until I am scraping from the pan.

The packaging is typical Shiseido with it's practical, understated yet elegant design which I like.

In my opinion, these are the BEST cream eyeshadows and the only cream shadows I use.

Just adding another resounding yes vote to these superb cream shadows. I've always thought of Shiseido as a skin care brand (and a stodgy one at that) than a makeup brand, and never paid attention to it until recently. And wow, I've really been missing out all these years. I think Shiseido gets little attention in the US b/c the marketing is decidedly non-splashy and in line with the Japanese minimalist aesthetic, though that seems to be changing a bit.

But, back to the shadows. I have two -- Leather (reddish brown) and Patina (golden olive), with two more on the way (purple and light gold). The texture is creamy and almost mousse like, and blends almost better than any other cream eyeshadows I've used (Benefit, Maybelline color tattoo, Diorshow Fusion Mono, LM caviar stick -- not technically a cream shadow but close enough). It is not super pigmented in one swipe, but can be built up. I actually much prefer it this way than a shadow that swipes on heavily and has to be madly blended out. This one almost blends itself. I've used both fingers and brush and both work equally well. I think most or all the shades have some sort of shimmer, but it's so beautiful and subtle and entirely work appropriate (so don't expect the Dior or Chanel Illusion D'Ombre kind of shimmer). It's fairly long lasting without primer, maybe 6-8 hours, and much longer w/primer. I can't emphasize enough how beautiful and blendable the texture is -- I've layered it over and under powder shadow, though mostly I wear it just by itself.

Most of the colors look boring, but you'll change your mind once you've tried it. I think NC25 + girls will love Leather. It's a basic brown w/a touch of red that's so much more than that, sophisticated and sexy at the same time, maybe b/c of the shimmer (I normally stay far away from any reddish brown eyeshadows but this one doesn't give me tired reddish eyes). I think fairer ladies will love Sable (which I don't have). Price a bit more than Mac but so much better in quality, and lower than Chanel etc. Check it out next time.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I don't use a lot of cream shadows so don't know if this is the best out there, but its a pretty good one I would say. Goes on smoothly, not patchy, lasts the whole night, colour stays the same without any dulling or disappearing. I think I have this in Ice. Its a gorgeous blue, but I don't got for it a lot as its a quite bright colour, only really use it on nights out. Blends great with another wet or cream shadow. You can also blend upwards without making a harsh line. I am tempted to buy more, think there are some new shades out now? Not totally sure... I've only seen information about it on 1 blog. But we shall see. Would definitely buy another if I ran out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just a lovely eyeshadow cream. I love it how it doesn't feel cakey, it stays on for long time, and it doesn't crease after several hours! it's just awesome and I don't need to touch up because it just stays on. However, I have to build up layers to get the intensity if I want it deeper pigment. But overall it's a product that I would recommend to people=)..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in OR313 'sunshower' and it's going in MUA kit. This is a wet eyeshadow that leaves a satin finish. To me it looked smudged and like it did not spread very well and it was easily rubbed off.The packaging is also really unhygenic and this is not enough to last a long time. I'm so disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got a pink cream eye color and I hate it. While it is true that it is long lasting, it doesn't stay true to its shade. After 3 hours it gets white-ish. I also don't like the lack of pigmentation. You really need to add layers to one application to get a nice pigmented shade!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

These cream shadows are my favorite right now. I am currently very into highly shimmer products that give more dimension to my eyes. I like medium to sheer pigmentation with a very creamy texture. These are just that. They aren't going to give you a lot of pigmentation. Rather they give a very beautiful shimmery finish.

You can see this is definitely catered to the tastes of Asian women and their preference over shimmer/dimension than pigmentation.

I have the shade WT 901 which is a white/silver shadow with tons of shimmer. I tried out other colors at the counter and I would definitely want to purchase more. They are pricey though! But they give 6 grams, which is a lot more than Chanel cream shadow's 4 grams or Mac paint pots' 5 grams.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my favorite cream eyeshadow by far! I never liked cream eyeshadow until I discovered the Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color eyeshadows. They're not cheap, but they're worth every euro/dollar.

This cream eyeshadow is supereasy to apply (I use a brush, but you can just use your fingers if you want to) and it applies very evenly. It's definitely blendable, but once it sets, it won't budge at all anymore (which is what you want, right? :-)) It doesn't crease, smudge or crease and after a full day it still looks immaculate.

My favorite color is GR707, a beautiful greenish bronze, but all colors are great. They're all very shimmery (duuh :-p) but if you like shimmer, then you'll absolutely love this cream eyeshadow.

Popular Eye Shadows