Shiseido Shimmering Cream eye color

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.7

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dipropylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Paraffin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carmine (Ci 75470), Tocopherol,Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysilicone-2, Polyacrylate-4, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Methicone, Zinc Oxide, Tetradecene.

Well, this was rather disappointing. I love cream eyeshadows in general, and I bought this in GR 125, a vibrant light green, thinking that it would be a great, long-lasting eyeshadow as most of the reviewers on here claim. When I applied it in the morning, the color was intense and bright and shimmery. As the day wore in, the green pigment started to wear off and soon I was left only with the shimmer. It also creased and just melted off most of my eyelid. Now mind you, I didn`t wear this with a primer, but for me the whole point of a cream eyeshadow like this is to skip primers and just use this when you`re in a rush. Not a fan.

I was so sure I wanted one, or more, after reading the reviews. I tried on several of the most popular colors, and they just didn't suit. Trying to convince myself, I even asked trusted friends and other retail people - I got a wrinkled nose response, and a lot of non-committal comments or shrugs. Ended up with Bobbi Brown cream e/s in stone, but still turning to my LM caviar stick in Chocolate.

Just adding another resounding yes vote to these superb cream shadows. I've always thought of Shiseido as a skin care brand (and a stodgy one at that) than a makeup brand, and never paid attention to it until recently. And wow, I've really been missing out all these years. I think Shiseido gets little attention in the US b/c the marketing is decidedly non-splashy and in line with the Japanese minimalist aesthetic, though that seems to be changing a bit.

But, back to the shadows. I have two -- Leather (reddish brown) and Patina (golden olive), with two more on the way (purple and light gold). The texture is creamy and almost mousse like, and blends almost better than any other cream eyeshadows I've used (Benefit, Maybelline color tattoo, Diorshow Fusion Mono, LM caviar stick -- not technically a cream shadow but close enough). It is not super pigmented in one swipe, but can be built up. I actually much prefer it this way than a shadow that swipes on heavily and has to be madly blended out. This one almost blends itself. I've used both fingers and brush and both work equally well. I think most or all the shades have some sort of shimmer, but it's so beautiful and subtle and entirely work appropriate (so don't expect the Dior or Chanel Illusion D'Ombre kind of shimmer). It's fairly long lasting without primer, maybe 6-8 hours, and much longer w/primer. I can't emphasize enough how beautiful and blendable the texture is -- I've layered it over and under powder shadow, though mostly I wear it just by itself.

Most of the colors look boring, but you'll change your mind once you've tried it. I think NC25 + girls will love Leather. It's a basic brown w/a touch of red that's so much more than that, sophisticated and sexy at the same time, maybe b/c of the shimmer (I normally stay far away from any reddish brown eyeshadows but this one doesn't give me tired reddish eyes). I think fairer ladies will love Sable (which I don't have). Price a bit more than Mac but so much better in quality, and lower than Chanel etc. Check it out next time.

I found this eye shadow to be very good, won't crease and last a whole day. it is very easy to remove at the end of the day.

I have this in pale pink, I like the effect it has on my eyes, it is very subtle and brightens my eyes which is exactly what I am looking for. a little bit of this shadow and eyeline, I am good to go.

The price however is expensive for eye shadow... but the quality is good, so I guess it is OK

This is my HG cream eyeshadow and it looks fantastic even when applied by someone as untalented as myself. I believe it would do wonders in able hands.

My 37 year old lids do not like cream eyeshadows because they settle into my crease line, migrate everywhere on my lids etc. Shisedo shimmer cream eyecolours do not. Even without a primer, they stay where they are put for the whole day adding a multi-dimensional look. They have a nice sheen, perhaps more sheen than colour.

I use more natural colours from this collection as a base or primer for other eyeshadows and this makes everything else last longer. With more vibrant colours such as golden light etc, I achieve a great look with very simple finger touches. Really easy, fault-proof application.

Have bought and will continue to use these. Strongly recommended.

I have Patina. I had originally wanted the limited-edition color that Emma Stone was wearing in an ad, but a sales assistant suggested this color instead, saying it was similar to the other one that had been sold out.

I use the tip of my ring finger to apply this. It glides nicely and is not too hard or too runny. It has a subtle shimmer and not to opaque; I think the texture is perfect. My eyes still need some definition, so I layer a Lancome shimmery black eyeshadow around the outer corner of my eyes. One time, a sales assistant at a cosmetic counter literally grabbed me to ask which eyeshadow product I use!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got a pink cream eye color and I hate it. While it is true that it is long lasting, it doesn't stay true to its shade. After 3 hours it gets white-ish. I also don't like the lack of pigmentation. You really need to add layers to one application to get a nice pigmented shade!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

These cream shadows are my favorite right now. I am currently very into highly shimmer products that give more dimension to my eyes. I like medium to sheer pigmentation with a very creamy texture. These are just that. They aren't going to give you a lot of pigmentation. Rather they give a very beautiful shimmery finish.

You can see this is definitely catered to the tastes of Asian women and their preference over shimmer/dimension than pigmentation.

I have the shade WT 901 which is a white/silver shadow with tons of shimmer. I tried out other colors at the counter and I would definitely want to purchase more. They are pricey though! But they give 6 grams, which is a lot more than Chanel cream shadow's 4 grams or Mac paint pots' 5 grams.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my favorite cream eyeshadow by far! I never liked cream eyeshadow until I discovered the Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color eyeshadows. They're not cheap, but they're worth every euro/dollar.

This cream eyeshadow is supereasy to apply (I use a brush, but you can just use your fingers if you want to) and it applies very evenly. It's definitely blendable, but once it sets, it won't budge at all anymore (which is what you want, right? :-)) It doesn't crease, smudge or crease and after a full day it still looks immaculate.

My favorite color is GR707, a beautiful greenish bronze, but all colors are great. They're all very shimmery (duuh :-p) but if you like shimmer, then you'll absolutely love this cream eyeshadow.

I got one of these in Moss and sad to say, I ended up returning it. I'm a cream e/s addict and I'm picky about the formulation. I really didn't care for this one. It was very soft, but I wouldn't call it creamy. It didn't blend well on my lids and actually felt like it continued to be wet even after topping it with powder e/s.

The color moss was gorgeous, although a bit too much shimmer for my liking.

Don't like the packaging either. I felt like the lid wasn't thick enough so it made twisting it off a bit difficult.