Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

on 8/9/2016 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I didn't get any curling from this mascara.

I don't know that I really expected to, but part of me always buys into the hype.

It was an ok mascara. I didn't really like the brush. The shape didn't make it easier to get the corner lashes, or the bottom lashes either.

The formula was ok. Not too wet or too dry, not a lot of flaking, or running.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Truly one of the worst mascaras I have ever purchased. It does not add length, volume or enhance curl. From the first use, the mascara formula was very dry and clumpy. It did nothing for my lashes. Did not smudge and was easy to remove.

on 2/10/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is a really great mascara. I got it in a set and I'm glad I did...I had a friend who worked for BE & she didn't recommend this mascara, so I would never have purchased this on my own.
This mascara does exactly what the name implies. It actually gives your lashes a nice curl and awesome length. The first time I used this I was so surprised at how it seemed to cancel out my need for a lash curler. I can honestly say I have never used a mascara that gives this much curl. Even better, even though this is not waterproof, the curl holds all day, and I never had a problem with this smudging or flaking throughout the day.
On top of that, this also gives nice definition and even a decent amount of volume to the lashes. I never felt the need to layer anything over this because this handled basically everything! I could use one or two light coats for more neutral looks or really layer this for more drama (which I typically go for). This could get clumpy and a little spidery after multiple coats, but for the most part, it wasn't an issue.
The formula on this was a little wet in the beginning, but not messy, clumpy, goopy wet, if you know what I mean. I know people recommend throwing out mascaras after 3 months, but I since I was rotating other mascaras along with this one, it lasted closer to 6 months before drying out.
I have a lot of other mascaras I want to try before I run out and get this again, but I do recommend it. I don't think $18 is TOO bad for a high-end mascara, especially considering most drugstore mascaras now are $10+! And definitely check a BE outlet if you have one near you...They have insane discounts on their products!

on 2/24/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What a surprise! I had heard of this mascara but have worn Chanel's for many years. No matter what they came out with, I found one that worked; starting with Instant Lash many years ago. Recently I have been wearing Inimitable and found it wonderful; but I have never been happy with the cost. For almost half the price I can get BE's lovely Flawless Definition Curl and Lengthen; and yes, it does both. I have blonde roots to my light brown lashes and must wear something. I also wore black for years, but have changed to the Espresso colour in this. It is a beautiful brown and looks very natural as well as somewhat dressy. Perhaps because it is not as harsh looking.

It curls lashes that don't curl well; adds definition, and makes my eyes look awake! There are no problems with smudging, and there are no flakes to contend with. I like this mascara as well as Inimitable, and will also try the volumizing one.

This is a nice mascara, in my opinion. Nice, but nothing all that great. What I like about it is that, despite being quite a wet formula, it curls my very long-but-fine lashes well and the curl lasts. One coat gives a natural, lightweight fanned-out look, and I suppose the lightweight nature of the formula is what allows the curl to last. It's possible to build some decent volume, too, with about three coats - though, it's not marketed as a volumising product, so those in search of dramatic, thickened lashes should look elsewhere. With two to three coats I get some clumping, so I think this mascara works best just to give a single natural coat - a clean daytime look. However, even when layered, my lashes feel soft to the touch, not overly dry or crispy. I'm not wowed by the applicator - it's a regular (not rubberised) bristle brush with a slightly thinner 'waist' (sort of figure 8 in shape) - but it does a reasonable job.
I personally wouldn't be *overly* keen to repurchase as I feel the original Flawless Definition is more user-friendly and produces similar natural-looking results (with less effort on my part!) However, it's a decent product, and I've checked 'yes' to repurchase in order to reflect that.