Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Khaki

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

4.8

on 8/13/2018 9:43:00 PM

A very, very high quality product. I personally cannot wear this color as it is entirely identical to my eye color - which is a “look” that I very much dislike. So I’m tossing the small one that I got in a holiday promotion box a couple years back. That said, it is insanely smooth and easy to apply and high quality. So I will still give it 5 lippies.

on 7/12/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love eyeshadow sticks and the LM ones along with Nars and Bobbi Brown are my favourites. This is long lasting and easy to apply. I draw a thick line at my lash line and blend upwards and outwards. It creates a natural defined look that lasts all day. You do need to be quick with any clean up as once set it doesn’t budge. The khaki is an unusual colour. If blended to a light wash it’s more of a greyish, grassy taupe if that makes sense, heavier application leans more brown. I have dark brown eyes and this looks great both ways on me and is very versatile. It looks equally good on its own with Mac Teddy or UD Mushroom as eyeliner.

on 9/2/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

As I have aged, I find that I cannot do a dramatic, detailed eye shadow application anymore. Partly because of my vision (!), but mostly because the droopiness of my eye area. The three and four shadow looks just don't look good on me anymore, plus I really hate putting on eyeliner pencils (and forget liquid!). A few months ago I did a major purging of my makeup collection, keeping only the few eyeshadows that I knew looked good and were easy to use. Since that time, I have used this pencil at least 5 days out of 7 and still love it. I find the color is a great neutral for me (greenish eyes), very flattering. There is a tiny bit of sparkle to it, but not enough to notice except on very close observation, and certainly not enough for us older ladies to be put off. I put it on over Painterly paint pot as a primer and it lasts all day and into the night without wearing off, however my lids are not particulary oily. I use it to make a wide line as a liner, and smudge it upwards to sheer out as shadow. You do need to move fairly quickly, as once this stuff sets it doesn't move. I also have the cocoa caviar stick, which I love as well, but it is darker overall. Will definitely re-buy as it is my new HG neutral shadow.

on 12/13/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this color. This is the cream version of MAC's Club eye shadow only so much better. It applies to the green side of brown but blends out more brown. Club creased on me like crazy, even with eye shadow primer. This does not. Because I have oily eyelids, I still need to use primer though. I will definitely purchase again.

on 10/14/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product looks like dirt - and I mean that in a good way! Khaki is an amazing colour mash up of green, brown and grey (didn't I say dirt?) that looks very natural even though it is a dark colour and makes my blue eyes (slight green undertone) look fabulous. The formula just glides on and since it is a stick you don't need a brush. I create a floating line slightly above my crease and distribute with my fingers. Nice edgy look. Work fast as this is a long lasting formula but it is very easy to work with. You can do a bright eyeliner with this and it balances it out really well (Try Urban Decay in Mainline - a teal) I have been working diligently at getting my makeup kit whittled down to an assortment that is minimal but gorgeous and this is going in. It is taking me a long time to curate though. So far the winners are LM caviar shadow in khaki, Chanel long wear liner in celadon, Nars long wear shadow in black, Maybelline Falsies mascara (dual brush), Fresh lip colour in Petal, Bobbi Brown lip liner in brownie, Bobbi Brown shadow in grey for brows. No entrants for blush yet. If you have the "blues" get this colour!