Marcelle Xtension Plus Mascara

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the way my lashes look after applying this but the bristles are extremely firm and uncomfortable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got mine in a Birchbox recently, and I don't know, maybe it's old since I hear Birchbox is having issues. It goes on beautifully, and looks great...for about 2 hours, then it starts flaking so badly that within an hour I look like I have some kind of fungal issue, especially under my eyes, although some of it ends up on the top lid and my cheeks as well. Part of me wants to go buy a fresh tube and see if it makes a difference, but not bad enough to order it by mail.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very average mascara, with no redeeming qualities. The best I can say is it's better than nothing. I can't recommend it. There might be a reason why I didn't have the good results of other reviewers, as mine is called "Xtension Plus Curl" and has a curved brush. I think it just makes it harder to use the brush without poking yourself. There is no curling effect, no lengthening. The formula is rather dry. The lashes are stiff after it dries, whether one, two or three coats. There is no amazing extension effect. There are many worse mascaras, but this one is pushing my tolerance. I doubt I will use it much. I only have this because it came bundled with a discounted Christmas gift set of eye makeup remover and a kohl eye pencil - both of which are OK. The good thing is that it didn't irritate my eyes.

It was okay. I like the fact that the brush was easy to maneuver and I was able to get in at the base of my lashes. I like a natural, clean look, which is what this gives, that being said, I don't like too natural. The length is nothing great, and I don't find it dark enough either. If they would keep the natural/clean aspect with more oomph, then I would have been sold. Not impressed.

New fave mascara. Delicious. This is the best all around mascara I think Ive ever found. Awesome brush, a dream to work with. Really opens up the eyes. My lashes are very straight, kinda short, sparse...this curls, lengthens, thickens and gives a fluttery kind of look. Good for sensitive eyes-I wear contacts and most mascaras bug me by the end of the day (but I deal with it cuz I cant live without mascara). Didn't notice any flaking or smudging and it washes off very easily. I received this as a GWP but I'll definitely be buying this again...even if I have to buy another product just to get this for "free".

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm using the Xension Plus with Prolash growth complex. For the record I like my lashes to be well separated, and very black( I hate spider leg lashes). This mascara did "ok". The best part for me was the funky comb like addition to the wand, if I apply it with the comb side it really separates my lashes and makes sure to sweep away any clumps, so perfect! Wish every mascara had a wand like this ( I may actually test it out with another of my mascaras...)
I was excited that this mascara contained a growth serum, I though "great! Two products in one!" ( I'm a sucker for anything that makes life easier ;)
I liked this mascara, it's just not one of my favorites, it wasn't quite as dramatic as I like, and did not curl at all.
But if you like a natural looking, clump free mascara you will love it.

Got this as a sample when I ordered my face cream from marcelle. It's a fabulous mascara. I've been using the same mascara for over ten years, and this has convinced me to switch. Gives me gorgeous long lashes, great volume, easy to apply and no big clean up afterwards. Plus it washes off with a regular face wash (even though it doesn't smudge or flake after wearing all day in the summer). New HG!! Like others, I'm very impressed by the brush! I've mostly been a fan of bigger brushes, but consider me a convert!!

I was hoping that this would be a good mascara, but it honestly did nothing to my lashes. It didn't hold up curls, or anything. At least I got this for free, though it hurts to leave it alone. I tried revisiting it several times but it was nothing but a disappointment.

I purchased 'black' mascara and the black is quite black.. i am pleased that this is blacker than covergirl veryblack clump crusher. although i find that it clumps a bit, it does the job of extending the lashes, however, i didn't think it curled lashes very well. it ought to be noted that I have short, straight, stubby asian lashes - i have yet to discover a mascara that can transform my asian lashes to something decent.

I got this as a *bonus* when I purchase some Marcelle cleansing wipes - ended up hating the wipes, but LOVE the mascara! I never would have tried it otherwise!