4.5

Reviews

3.0
from

6 years ago

Oh, how I wanted to love this one since i love most MAC nude lippies, but this was a huge let down. After lusting for this, I finally got my hands on it and on my NC40 skintone, it's just a huge no go. <P> A Perfect Day has the wonderful creamy texture of all Amplified lipsticks, so the color payoff is great and the texture is like butter. But the color, made me look like I had just swiped concealer on my lips. This is a total nude, no peach, no pink undertones, and maybe that's what keeps this from being wearable. Unless you want a concealer look for lips, you can safely skip this one.

About reviewer (1078 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

8 years ago

Opaque, creamy, pigmented. But too light for me, alas. I look like I'm auditioning for "undead girl #8". I got this as a gift (it seems like my gift-giver was palming off something she couldn't use either) and I thought I'd be stuck with it forever. But then I decided to layer it with some gloss. Under Chanel Exces (a bright corally red, no shimmer) my lips turn a creamy sorbet pink - a fantastic colour that I don't already own, that dries down to a pale fuchsia and that I can actually wear to work. No more zombieland. No more wasted lipstick. I wouldn't repurchase, but I'm glad this one worked out.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

This lipstick is HG for me. It is beautifully creamy with great pigment. It's my go-to nude lipstick. Topped with Myth lip glass, it's perfection! It looks great with my pale skin, because it's not the nude color that makes me look dead! Instead, it's a little peachy and a little pink, which combine to give my lips some life! I wish this weren't LE.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Other

EyesBlue

from

8 years ago

It's in the name! It really is the perfect nude lipstick. It doesn't wash you out, perfectly pigmented, smooth, doesn't try out my lips. I bought 2 because I loved it so much!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

8 years ago

I was fortunate enough to receive this in a swap and I ADORE it! It's definitely become one of my favorite go-to lipcolors. On me, it's basically a slightly pinker, slightly more pigmented version of Myth (which I also love). It's pigmented enough that I wouldn't quite call it a "nude" shade (on my NC10-15 complexion) but it's a soft, light enough color that it really suits pretty much any m/u look. I *could* wear it with smokey eyes, or I could wear it with a more subtle look and it would really even things out and brighten up my face. I love that it's so versatile and generally flattering. Since it's an Amplified lipstick it has a very creamy texture, is non-drying on my lips, and has great lasting power. Like so many other MAC products, I wish it wasn't LE. :(

About reviewer (305 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I love this lipstick it is the perfect nude for my NC40 skintone. It is an amplified formula too which means awesome color payoff and super moisturizing!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

This LE lipstick is very similar to Revlon's soft nude - it's just slightly pinker while soft nude is slightly more peach. They have about the same tone and texture. I prefer a slightly darker lipstick as this kind of nude seems to wash me out, but I still appreciate the beauty of this lipstick! L'oreal's fairest nude is darker and more pink (and more of a perfect nude for me!)

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

Tried this on at the mac counter and I can say this is the best nude I own up to now. I'm a NC 35 at the moment and I have golden undertones to my skin and this lipstick just looks amazing. It's a nice pinky brown nude that does not wash me out at all. Too bad it's limited addition, i'm going to try to get a backup. .

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

this is one of the products from MAC'new collection I bought yesterday.The color is so pretty on my lip and it's quite moisturizing unlike other MAC lipsticks.good

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

8 years ago

I got this and Flamingo around the same time and I am honesty more excited about this lipstick. I love nudes, maybe not as much as some, but they are my go to lip colors. I always wipe off other colors and think nudes look best with all looks (personal preference). I have very pigmented lips and like them more subtle and muted. A Perfect Day is perfect. It glided on soo smoothly...not sure why but it felt so nice. It did not look chalky at all. It was not drying like Myth or even my favorite Peachstock. But it is not shiny like Creme d'nude, even though some are saying this is comparable. The texture makes them very different to me. I would not say it is a pink nude, because I thought it was going to be far pinker, but it is not necessarily beige or peach either. Maybe somewhere in between them all. Does not wash me out (NC20-25) and is perfect for everyday. I think this has become my favorite nude.

About reviewer (230 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair