BORGHESE Fango Active Mud for Face and Body

BORGHESE Fango Active Mud for  Face and Body
Fango

4.3

Water (Aqua), Bentonite (CI 77004), Propylene Glycol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond Oil), Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen Amino Acids, Adenosine Triphosphate, Mineral Salts, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trisodium EDTA, Talc, Fuller's Earth (Solum Fullonum), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citonellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Linalool, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77289), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I have the 17.6oz and 7.5oz jars of this mask, and it’s lovely for when I want a night to relax and just pamper myself with masks, but it doesn’t really do much for me in terms or acne and scarring. It reduces redness for a bit and makes my skin softer that day, and that’s about it. I do get a lot of comments throughout the week about how my skin looks healthier and sometimes glowing when I use it, but I can’t really tell THAT much of a difference on myself immediately after using. It comes in a jar packaging with an airtight seal, but the product will still dry out after awhile before I finish up a whole 17.6oz jar, which is why I resorted to opening and using 7.5oz jars instead. When I found out they reformulated their mask and repackaged it in a 2.7oz jar for $48 (17.6oz jar used to only be $50 and then the price upped to $100, but it still was a better deal than $48 for 2.7oz), I went online during their Labor Day sale and ordered backups of the 7.5oz jars for 40% (with them already being 40% off before, totaling to an overall 64% discount).

on 4/12/2018 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has been around for YEARS - decades maybe. Kinda pricey for a mud mask, but effective and good for oil absorbtion. Jar packaging.

on 4/12/2018 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite mask and it's a less 'messy' version of the Aztec Secret mask. It definitely takes one or two uses for skin to get used to it and afterwards it works wonders! I use it 2-3 times a week and it's helped with my active acne and acne scars. The mask is easy to apply and remove. The only reason I don't give five stars to this product is the initial tingly feeling the mask gives when you first apply it, although I do enjoy the sensation it can be kind of painful at times.

on 4/2/2018 12:09:00 AM

I loved this mask since my early 30s I always like a clay mask in my life after i found this, i never have a time since i dont have a tub of fango with me. it just puirifies the skin i use it to deep cleanser once every 2 weeks or when i feel a breakout - hormonal impending. been 10 years or more.

Since I stayed here in Hong Kong, I had extra senstive skin and also my skin has been acne prone. Maybe because of the humidity :(..but now, my skin is clearing up compared to waaay before. It's not perfect still but I found this mud mask working great. I use it every day but as a spot treatment. I used to have tons of acne. Now I have about 5 mini ones and about to dry up :D

After cleansing, I spot treat with this for 10 min. This is just one part of my routine so don't forget to do the next steps (moisturize, etc).

on 12/18/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this face mask!!!! It's my holy grail.

Immediate results: smoother skin, dries out blemishes, shrinks pores, doesn't leave skin dry or tight, brightens complexion

Application: After i shower (when my pores are open) i immediately apply the face mask, let it dry completely, wash it off with warm water and a wash cloth.

I do not apply anything else to my face for the rest of the day as my pores are now clean and open (moisturizers etc. can clog them leading to break outs such as after a facial you should not apply make up etc) This is the only face mask that provides real long lasting results!!! I didn't like the other Borghese face masks. This one is the original and the best!

On Ebay and Amazon i can find smaller tubes for cheaper prices. Especially for travel they have 1.0 oz tubes and for the home they have 2.5 oz -7 oz!!

on 6/29/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product for a zillion years now. I may try out others but always come back to Fango. Great mask for a very decent price. You can often get special pricing/kits on Evine.

Agree with pp's to follow the instructions: apply it LIBERALLY and DO NOT it dry completely. Not sure what in the ingredient deck could cause the little tingle , but Sensitives may not like it -try the Borghese Delicato instead.

on 2/18/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a mask junkie and have tried too many masks to count, both drugstore and high end. This is my favorite mask of all time that isn't specifically moisturizing or an overnight mask. I have severely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic medical conditions but sometimes it gets congested and that's when I use this lovely product. The texture is extremely thick but easy to spread on the face. This is one of those masks where one use is all you need to get instant results. After that, you'll be hooked. It is so effective for decongesting the skin, clearing the pores, minimizing pores, and improving the texture of the skin. By this, I mean the skin becomes smooth, even, and toned, and bright because of the mask's exfoliating properties. But unlike a lot of masks, this does not leave the skin dry or tight but slightly hydrated. Also, whenever I get occasional acne, this is what to use to treat it. The unique thing about this mask is that none of these effects are short term like many masks, but last quite a while. The only problem is that it stings. I think the packaging says that it can tingle, but it burns on me. I do have very sensitive skin, though, so I doubt this will be a problem for everyone. I know a lot of people wait for it to dry and the packaging says wait 2-5 minutes, not to let it dry and rinse it off with a sponge. I've tried it both ways and find that the way where you only keep it only 2-5 minutes and rinse it with the sponge is most effective. I'm not sure why, but it's the most decongesting, exfoliating, cleansing, and hydrating. I'm almost sorry to have discovered this because it's legions better than my other favorite decongesting/clearing/exfoliating masks, like TheBalm's Blueberry Mask and Catastrophe Cosmetic (although they are both still incredible), but so much more expensive. But seriously, amazing mask, I recommend it to everyone.

Edit: I forgot in the original review to mention how much I love the sponge that comes with this. I use it to take off all masks and sometimes even cleansers and scrubs. It helps exfoliate and make my skin smooth and even. Seriously, this product has it all.

on 12/9/2014 6:26:00 AM

So-so product, doesn't visibility clear out pores. (Compared with Skinfood's black sugar, which i recently discovered, that one is amazing).
This clay mask is refreshing and a jug lasts awhile but is still overpriced.

I used this mask several times a year for over 15 years. It was the only oil absorbing mask I ever really used. It is excellent at removing excess oil. Apply a thick layer and leave for 10 minutes, rinse. You will notice a difference after the first use. I stopped using it about 5 years ago, as my skin went from combo to dry. If you're acne prone, and or oily, you may like it.