Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 19-24
Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

3.5

on 8/26/2014 7:00:00 PM

I was an avid user of the original baked trio, which I still reminisce about. I went to the store to try and pick another one up but for some reason I can't find it anywhere...I'm not sure if it's discontinued or if I just can't get it in my area anymore. So I decided to try this on a whim because the trio made me so ridiculously happy. Mistake. I use a lot of PF products, because generally I think they make excellent products for a decent price that is in between drug store price and prestige price. I had seen this a few times and thought about trying it so I finally decided to give it a go and almost immediately regretted it. I hate, hate, HATE that there is zero division between the strips. That is so obnoxious. And the strips are so tiny that it's hard to get the brush in there and get a decent amount of the pigment that you are aiming for. Once you finally get a substantial amount of product on the brush, it looks like crap once you get it on your eye. Bad, bad, bad pigmentation and not rich in color at all. This is not the worse eye shadow I have ever used (I'm a general hater of everything CoverGirl-by far the worst products out there as far as I'm concerned..only saving grace is the lash blast which is okay), so that's why I left a few lippies on. But I will not be using this palette up and it will lay at the bottom of my makeup bin until I decide to do something with it.

I purchased this pallet a week or so ago and as I was reading reviews it was a surprise to me that so many people where bashing the "color pigment". Clearly the ones that say this did not read the instructions on the back of the box. It states for a more dramatic look to damp your brush before applying. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PALLET! I have been wanting to get the UD Pallet for a long time however I can not convince myself to spend that much on just eyeshadow! I have recently started using PF products (that my BFF recommended me to try) and I have just fell in love with every product I have used so far! It's great for people that can't afford high-end products.

on 4/28/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Although I love the colours in this palette, there are a few reasons I would not consider purchasing the product a second time.
1) The strips of colour are small, and because there is nothing really dividing them, you run the risk of accidentally blending them (especially if you tend to favour big eyeshadow brushes).
2) The packaging is not all that great. It sure looks nice, but because I am constantly travelling between my house and my hometown, I have to pack it away. More than once it has opened in my make-up bag and things have dug into the product- messy.
3) The colours have a little bit too much sparkle for my liking. Not a soft shimmer, but a blatent sparkle which can end up on other parts of your face if you aren't careful.

So I enjoy the colour combination, but I don't consider the product anything "out of this world".

on 4/27/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great brown eyeshadow palette. Has a nice variety, they are pretty shimmers. I like that they have a more creamy-velvety touch, so they go on smooth. They aren't all hard and dry like some pressed powder eyeshadows. Lasting power I'd say is a bit better than average. I have very oily eyelids that absorb eyeshadow like no tomorrow, and this lasted a bit longer than most do. I didn't experience any creasing either.
Did I mention how adorable the packaging is?!
So I would definitely recommend this palette!

Video Reviews & Tutorials