Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/4/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great palette full of beautiful colours.
This was my first UD palette purchase and I umm'd and ahhh'd over this or naked3 (got both in the end). Glad I bought this, though honestly I use naked3 more often. Not to say this isn't gorgeous though.
I love the colours and I find myself using most of them. The darker brown shades less so, they dont really work with my colouring. A lot of 'must have' shades though.

Excellent quality, too- doesnt crease, lasts all day. Highly pigmented and great colour payoff. Primer that it comes with is brilliant, too.
Can be used to make so many different looks from work appropriate to sexy date night perfect. The lighter shades can also be used as a facial highlighter, too- if you use carefully.
Great palette and beauty product staple. Worth the price. Highly recommend this!

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 PM

this palette definitely runs cool. When I first bought it, my hair was sun bleached and I was tanned. I couldn't pull off most of the colours. Now my tan has faded (im NC20) and my hair is fuchsia, so now this has become my go-to work horse palette. I can get tons of looks out of this. Nothing too special or crazy, but every shade has a purpose, as either a liner ( bottom lashes or to tightline), lid, crease, transition or highlight. I've been reaching for this most mornings because of the absence of needing to think a lot. I've gotten so much use out of this since I bought it 3 months ago, and still no pan showing!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeshadow palette is my #1, ride or die. On my old account I wrote an elaborate review so I'll try to keep it simple to avoid repetition (plus there are almost 800 reviews of this on here and tons of people have described each shade in detail). I love this palette. It's the only palette I own and the only one I feel like I need. I can create an array of looks with these twelve shades. They all have good pigmentation and blend nicely. I've used this palette soooooo many times and still haven't hit pan on a single shade.

So why wouldn't I repurchase? Because when you buy Urban Decay you support L'oreal. That may not matter to you but it matters to me since L'oreal tests on animals. When I got this palette I believe that Urban Decay hadn't been bought out by L'oreal yet, or if it was it wasn't yet common knowledge. Even though UD itself is cruelty-free, I won't buy anything from the brand anymore. Supporting Urban Decay is supporting a huge corporation that tests plenty of products on animals. So even though the products themselves may not be tested on animals, you're still indirectly supporting animal testing by supporting this brand.

It was one of my first palettes (after theBalm's Nude'Tude), bought it shortly before Naked 3 was launched. I used it religiously for a few months, hit pan on the first four shades, the next two I really enjoyed as well. I'm an absolute fan of "Half baked", it's a gorgeous creamy gold, still one of my fave golds in my eyeshadow collection. Then I switched to other, (more colourful) palettes and... haven't worn it since!
It's definitely a palette which I could sell or give away and don't feel any regret. If you want a basic, neutral palette and you don't plan to invest in others, by all means: give it a go. The shadows are nice, creamy. Some of them aren't as blendable as they should be, given the price. There are a few shades that I think are (too) similar to each other: Snakebite & Busted, YDK & Suspect.
The brush that comes with the palette is decent, but a bit too "stiff" for me.
I'd give it 3,5 lippies if I could... but I don't love it enough to give it 4.

on 8/17/2016 9:09:00 PM

I personally love this palette as it is full of cool-toned shades and few warm shades that can be used for a natural or dramatic look! My favourite shades so far are Verve (I loove using it in the inner corners as a highlight) and Chopper (it reminds me of rose gold).

This palette isn't perfect as it does have its pros and cons.

Pros:
- Great variety of shade colours
- Most shades are highly pigmented
- Comes with a decent brush (great for a beginner!)
- GREAT VALUE (each shadow is full size and one full size single shadow costs around $20 CAD)
- Most colours go with each other well

Cons:
- Fallout from shadows especially the more glittery ones
- Very few matte shades
- The colour "Foxy" might not appear at all on some skin tones
- Some of the lighter shades aren't as pigmented

The Naked 2 is a more cool-toned palette so choose a palette according to what suits your skin tone ! However, you can never go wrong with the original Naked palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette comes with 12 stunning neutral shades. The color range is more on the colder side.

Shades:

Foxy - is a yellowtoned matte skintone color.
Half baked - is a beautiful golden shimmery color.
Bootycall - is a light color with a subtle shine.
Chopper - is a cobber, shimmery shade.
Tease - is the 2nd matte color. It's a cold, neutral brown with grey and purple undertones.
Snakebite - is a bronze shade with a sheen.
Suspect - is a lighter bronze with shimmer.
Pistol - is a grey shimmery color.
Verve - is a light shimmery color with grey undertones.
YDK - is a stunning metallic bronze with slightly purple undertones.
Busted - is a dark brown with some shine.
Blackout - is a matte black

I think it would be nice with more matte shades in the palette since there's only 3.

Formula:

The formula on the shadows is great. The matte ones are really soft and silky. The shimmery ones are creamy and pigmented. Some of the shimmery colors have a more powdery finish and they have bit of fallout (YDK, Chopper and Half baked). To intensify the shimmery shadows even more I either put them on with my finger, or apply them wet. But overall I think the formula is good.

Packaging:

I think the packaging is pretty. It's a hard metallic packaging. When you open it, it has a big mirror, the 12 shades with names under and a double ended brush. The brush has a flat side, which is good at putting on lid shades, and on the other side it has a more fluffy crease brush. The hair is synthetic. Normally I don't like brushes that comes with palettes but this is really good and high quality.

Overall I think this is a good palette and great if you're just starting out with eyeshadow, but still want something high quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic Naked 2 palette off of Poshmark, and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get the Naked 3 and Naked Smoky next. These eyeshadows are definitely cooler toned, which is perfect for me. I'm happy with the variety of these shadows, and they are so pigmented and smooth and velvety! I definitely use this just as much as I use the original Naked, so if you're a cool-toned girl like me, it's worth the investment.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have one eyeshadow palette and it's the only one I've ever owned: Naked2 by Urban Decay. I got this for Christmas 2014 as my first palette but I find it to be so comprehensive that I don't need another one.

1st off let me say that I use this palette OFTEN. I work 5 days a week and use it at least 2-3 of those days. I haven't hit pan on a single shade. The price point of this product is $54.00. Some might find that extravagant but given the fact that I've used this to death for the past year and a half and it's still going strong, I'd say it's worth the investment (even though I was given this as a present, as mentioned.)

In fact, if you're wanting to give someone an eyeshadow palette as a gift I'd highly recommend this one. It's something many people might not buy for themselves (as they might not be able to justify the price) but would probably end up loving.

I find all the shades to be pigmented and blendable. The formula is nice IMO. Maybe not the best out there but I have no complaints. One thing I will say is definitely tap off your brush with these before going in on the lids.

You can create so many looks. I do anything with this from sweeping one color all over the lid when in a rush to get out the door on my way to work, to elaborate smokey eye looks.

All the shades in this palette are fairly neutral so the only people I wouldn't recommend this to is someone looking for a palette that contains bright colors or someone who strongly prefers matte shadows. It is a perfect everyday neutral palette as long as you like shimmer.

I'll go through each shade:
- Foxy: this is a matte cream shade. I use it a ton all over the lid and as a browbone highlight. It neutralizes my lids perfectly and some people claim to have a problem with pigmentation on this one but I never have.
- Half Baked: a true gold shade. Metallic and shimmery. It's beautiful all over the lid.
- Bootycall: this and foxy are my most used shades in this palette. This color is a shimmery pale pink. I use this in the inner corners all the time and as a browbone highlight when I want something shimmery as opposed to something matte.
- Chopper: a gorgeous rose gold color with silver glitter. I use this all the time all over the lid. This is the one color in the palette that I still get fallout with even after tapping off my brush. It's okay though because this shade is so beautiful that it's worth the fallout.
- Tease: a pale brown matte color. Extremely versatile, perfect for a transition or crease color.
- Snakebite: a shimmery mid-tone brown.
- Suspect: a metallic beige. One of my go-tos for sweeping all over the lid.
- Pistol: a metallic gunmetal grey.
- Verve: a shimmery silver. I really love the dimension of this shade.
- YDK: possibly my favorite color in the entire palette. It's a highly metallic cool-toned bronze. Looks insane on the lid.
- Busted: a shimmery dark brown.
- Blackout: matte black. I've seen some reviewers say they have problems with this shade and they find it to come across more grey than black, but I find it to be super intense, personally.

This palette comes with an amazing brush which I use daily and the packaging is sturdy and substantial.

on 4/20/2016 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First of all I would like to address the fact that this palette is not recommended for warm toned people. I'm going to have to disagree with that... if your skin is similar to mine.

Although the veins in my wrist are completely purple and blue thus classifying me as a cool toned person, I have very obvious yellow tones in my skin and am about nc20-25 in mac. So not quite neutral either...

I have to say despite only using it for a short amount of time, this has got to be my favourite naked palette. I own all three plus the smoky ( urban decay eyeshadow junkie) and although the first naked did compliment the warm tones to my skin, I don't feel it gives the wow factor like the naked 2, which really brings out and lightens my medium brown eyes, bringing out all sorts of colours in them!

The pigmentation is excellent as with all urban decay naked eyeshadow palettes and the colour selection is perfect in this palette... definitely cool toned but with some complementary warmish shades thrown in which balances the palette.

I feel like this palette is more suitable for everyday eye looks than the naked 1, as there is less glittery shades with some of the greys and the black providing some drama for events or night time looks.

I would definitely suggest to warm toned ladies with blue purple veins (haha!)/ warm toned ladies in general to not be put off by those saying it will not work for you. Try it out, swatch it!

As for cool toned girls this palette is definitely up your street.

Fast becoming my favourite eyeshadow palette!!

on 4/7/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hands down my favorite out of the Naked palettes. I have brown eyes and this is the perfect palette for brown/hazel eyes. I love everything about it. Pigmented, versatile, smooth and buttery, bendable, easy to build up on, and a little goes a long way. Just amazing.