Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/3/2017 6:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My opinion of this palette has really changed over the years. I got this palette when I first started getting into makeup and thought it was the best thing on the market, but since I've become familiar with different eyeshadow formulas, such as ABH, MG, Zoeva, Colourpop etc, I tend not to reach for this palette, although I do think it still has some value in my collection, hence why I haven't gotten rid of it.

PROS:
-Colour selection - I'm NW10-15, grey eyes, cool undertones etc. and find the taupe tones in this palette to be really flattering. Warm tones dominate the market right now, and I find it's really nice to wear something cooler. The silver shades in this palette (Verve and Pistol) are gorgeous, as is YDK (my favourite taupe). I also really love Bootycall, and Tease is a great transition shade. In fact, the only dud for me in this Chopper, I find the glitter to be too chunky.
-Packaging - Perhaps not the prettiest, but definitely durable; I'd have no worries travelling with this palette. The brush that comes with this palette is excellent too, especially for packing eyeshadow.

CONS
-Pigmentation - I swear the pigment of this palette has faded with age. Maybe it's because I know have more pigmented shadows in my collection, but I definitely remember it being better than it used to. Certain shades are worse than others (the silver shades are often lacking in pigment), and as UD's shadow formula is more stiff, blending is also not particularly easy.
-Lack of mattes - Naked 2 has the same problem as the first one in that it's lacking in mattes. There's 3; Foxy, a yellow toned cream matte, Tease, a grey/purpley matte, and Blackout. They're good shadows, but I wish there were more mattes rather than the abundance of shimmer shades.

This palette certainly isn't my favourite, but I wouldn't get rid of it unless I could find a replacement of cool, taupe-y shades like in here. I have the Naked Basics 2, which does partially make up for the lack of mattes, but at the same time, you shouldn't have to buy another £22 palette to make this one more cohesive! I wouldn't necessarily recommend this palette, if you're looking for a cool toned palette, I'd perhaps advise looking into the Lorac Pro 2, or collecting single eyeshadows in a Z palette.

I always grab for this palette I have cool toned skin and I was so excited when this hit the shops, not the cheapest of products I'll admit but I would buy it again if I ever managed to hit pan on all the colours, I wouldn't bother with the brush that comes with it though

I've bought this twice now - it is my favorite eye palette. Really good quality and so versatile.

on 2/2/2017 8:02:00 PM

I feel like its redundant to even write this review, but the price of this pallete is justified by the quality of them.
I am not at all skilled when it comes to applying eye makeup, but these eye shadows are so nicely pigmented and easy to blend that its difficult to mess it up.
The staying power of the shadows is really good, even without any primer, and the fallout is not noticable after the initial application.
Would definitely recommend. My only criticism is that there is a lot of shimmer and not enough mattes.

This product is over hyped. The shadows do not blend. They are also very patchy. I've heard the same about the others.

on 1/4/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great palette full of beautiful colours.
This was my first UD palette purchase and I umm'd and ahhh'd over this or naked3 (got both in the end). Glad I bought this, though honestly I use naked3 more often. Not to say this isn't gorgeous though.
I love the colours and I find myself using most of them. The darker brown shades less so, they dont really work with my colouring. A lot of 'must have' shades though.

Excellent quality, too- doesnt crease, lasts all day. Highly pigmented and great colour payoff. Primer that it comes with is brilliant, too.
Can be used to make so many different looks from work appropriate to sexy date night perfect. The lighter shades can also be used as a facial highlighter, too- if you use carefully.
Great palette and beauty product staple. Worth the price. Highly recommend this!

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 PM

this palette definitely runs cool. When I first bought it, my hair was sun bleached and I was tanned. I couldn't pull off most of the colours. Now my tan has faded (im NC20) and my hair is fuchsia, so now this has become my go-to work horse palette. I can get tons of looks out of this. Nothing too special or crazy, but every shade has a purpose, as either a liner ( bottom lashes or to tightline), lid, crease, transition or highlight. I've been reaching for this most mornings because of the absence of needing to think a lot. I've gotten so much use out of this since I bought it 3 months ago, and still no pan showing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For reference, I am NW10-15ish. I love, love, love this palette. After reading many reviews over the Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3 palettes I decided Naked 2 would be most likely to work the best with my coloring.

The colors in this palette tend to be a little more cool toned than the other Naked palettes I mentioned. However, I think these shades would look nice on anyone. The colors are very well pigmented, apply smoothly and feel buttery. I noticed some reviews complaining they did not last long on the lid; I always apply them over an eyeshadow primer (currently using the Wet n Wild Fergie one, which I believe may be discontinued). The colors blend very well without simply muddying up one another.

I use this palette several times a week and bought it nearly a year ago. I have not hit pan on any of the shadows yet. The brush that comes with it is actually pretty nice, but I do not use it often. My one complaint is that I experience quite a bit of fallout when applying, so I either do my foundation after my eyeshadow OR hold up a tissue under my eye when applying. I am tempted to give it 4 lippies instead of 5 because of this, but I just get so much use out of this palette I feel it needs 5. :)

I would gladly repurchase this palette, and I don't think I've ever said that about any palette from any brand before. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first nudes pallete, so I do not have much to compare it to. It's great. I've had it for over a year and use it on a regular basis (maybe 3-4 times a week) and still haven't hit pan yet. Has great colour pay off, minimal fallout, buttery texture and stays all day paired with Lime Crimes eyeshadow helper. The brush is pretty good for blending, as well.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of 5 is that it only has one matte shade, which I struggle with blending for some reason.

I really really like it but wouldn't buy it again because there are so so so many other nude palletes out there to try.

It was one of my first palettes (after theBalm's Nude'Tude), bought it shortly before Naked 3 was launched. I used it religiously for a few months, hit pan on the first four shades, the next two I really enjoyed as well. I'm an absolute fan of "Half baked", it's a gorgeous creamy gold, still one of my fave golds in my eyeshadow collection. Then I switched to other, (more colourful) palettes and... haven't worn it since!
It's definitely a palette which I could sell or give away and don't feel any regret. If you want a basic, neutral palette and you don't plan to invest in others, by all means: give it a go. The shadows are nice, creamy. Some of them aren't as blendable as they should be, given the price. There are a few shades that I think are (too) similar to each other: Snakebite & Busted, YDK & Suspect.
The brush that comes with the palette is decent, but a bit too "stiff" for me.
I'd give it 3,5 lippies if I could... but I don't love it enough to give it 4.