Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/24/2018 6:43:00 PM

It's definitely great for daily use, you can always find something for work or play. There is a lot of fallout - which I'm sure has been said a thousand times.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Enjoyed the colours but the create way too much fallout and this is coming from a professional makeup artist with the correct tools and techniques. I have been working within the industry for 6+ and bought a few Urban Decay palettes due to the hype, however, I do not feel these are professional quality eyeshadows. The brush is also atrocious, you cannot use this as a blending brush. I would recommend having a tissue nearby to tap off excess product - you will need to do this multiple times. I would also highly recommend using a better quality brush, something quite soft, as the formula is very powdery. If you use something firm you will not be able to create a diffused look. It was okay, but I wouldn't repurchase it again for above reasons.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this palette, but I don't think it's anything revolutionary. The colour selection is good. I like the range, and the black is a bonus. I find the fall-out pretty bad, though. Even with a primer, the shadows tend to crease by the end of the day. The brush is nice. I frequently find myself wishing that the palette was a little more compact, or at least more square. I'll continue to use this palette while I have it, but I won't be repurchasing it. There are a lot of other palettes out there now with similar shade ranges, and I don't think the formula of the NAKED2 palette is good enough to prevent me from experimenting with other brands.

on 8/3/2017 6:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My opinion of this palette has really changed over the years. I got this palette when I first started getting into makeup and thought it was the best thing on the market, but since I've become familiar with different eyeshadow formulas, such as ABH, MG, Zoeva, Colourpop etc, I tend not to reach for this palette, although I do think it still has some value in my collection, hence why I haven't gotten rid of it.

PROS:
-Colour selection - I'm NW10-15, grey eyes, cool undertones etc. and find the taupe tones in this palette to be really flattering. Warm tones dominate the market right now, and I find it's really nice to wear something cooler. The silver shades in this palette (Verve and Pistol) are gorgeous, as is YDK (my favourite taupe). I also really love Bootycall, and Tease is a great transition shade. In fact, the only dud for me in this Chopper, I find the glitter to be too chunky.
-Packaging - Perhaps not the prettiest, but definitely durable; I'd have no worries travelling with this palette. The brush that comes with this palette is excellent too, especially for packing eyeshadow.

CONS
-Pigmentation - I swear the pigment of this palette has faded with age. Maybe it's because I know have more pigmented shadows in my collection, but I definitely remember it being better than it used to. Certain shades are worse than others (the silver shades are often lacking in pigment), and as UD's shadow formula is more stiff, blending is also not particularly easy.
-Lack of mattes - Naked 2 has the same problem as the first one in that it's lacking in mattes. There's 3; Foxy, a yellow toned cream matte, Tease, a grey/purpley matte, and Blackout. They're good shadows, but I wish there were more mattes rather than the abundance of shimmer shades.

This palette certainly isn't my favourite, but I wouldn't get rid of it unless I could find a replacement of cool, taupe-y shades like in here. I have the Naked Basics 2, which does partially make up for the lack of mattes, but at the same time, you shouldn't have to buy another £22 palette to make this one more cohesive! I wouldn't necessarily recommend this palette, if you're looking for a cool toned palette, I'd perhaps advise looking into the Lorac Pro 2, or collecting single eyeshadows in a Z palette.

I always grab for this palette I have cool toned skin and I was so excited when this hit the shops, not the cheapest of products I'll admit but I would buy it again if I ever managed to hit pan on all the colours, I wouldn't bother with the brush that comes with it though

I've bought this twice now - it is my favorite eye palette. Really good quality and so versatile.

on 2/2/2017 8:02:00 PM

I feel like its redundant to even write this review, but the price of this pallete is justified by the quality of them.
I am not at all skilled when it comes to applying eye makeup, but these eye shadows are so nicely pigmented and easy to blend that its difficult to mess it up.
The staying power of the shadows is really good, even without any primer, and the fallout is not noticable after the initial application.
Would definitely recommend. My only criticism is that there is a lot of shimmer and not enough mattes.

This product is over hyped. The shadows do not blend. They are also very patchy. I've heard the same about the others.

on 1/4/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great palette full of beautiful colours.
This was my first UD palette purchase and I umm'd and ahhh'd over this or naked3 (got both in the end). Glad I bought this, though honestly I use naked3 more often. Not to say this isn't gorgeous though.
I love the colours and I find myself using most of them. The darker brown shades less so, they dont really work with my colouring. A lot of 'must have' shades though.

Excellent quality, too- doesnt crease, lasts all day. Highly pigmented and great colour payoff. Primer that it comes with is brilliant, too.
Can be used to make so many different looks from work appropriate to sexy date night perfect. The lighter shades can also be used as a facial highlighter, too- if you use carefully.
Great palette and beauty product staple. Worth the price. Highly recommend this!

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 PM

this palette definitely runs cool. When I first bought it, my hair was sun bleached and I was tanned. I couldn't pull off most of the colours. Now my tan has faded (im NC20) and my hair is fuchsia, so now this has become my go-to work horse palette. I can get tons of looks out of this. Nothing too special or crazy, but every shade has a purpose, as either a liner ( bottom lashes or to tightline), lid, crease, transition or highlight. I've been reaching for this most mornings because of the absence of needing to think a lot. I've gotten so much use out of this since I bought it 3 months ago, and still no pan showing!