Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 25-29
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't normally buy eyeshadow (because I own way too much), but I got a chance to buy this one discounted and felt it was too good to pass up.

I love love love the colour palette, I'm quite neutral myself - warm tones in summer and cool tones in summer, and this works for both. The pigmentation is quite light, but buildable - I actually like that, because I tend to go with very natural looks in the daytime and heavy sparkly looks in the evening. If I go traveling and can only take one palette, this is the one, since it's versatile enough. I also like that it includes black and two highlight shades - one matt and one shimmery.

I find I'm quite picky with brushes. This one is quite harsh on pressed powder and lifts a lot of product from the palette, but there's quite a lot of fallout from the brush itself. That said, I like the shape/cut, it makes actual application dead easy.

Packaging: After having destroyed many a palette in my handbag, it's nice to see something that can take some hits and still survive.

I wouldn't necessarily repurchase for the original price, but on a discount I probably would.

I always grab for this palette I have cool toned skin and I was so excited when this hit the shops, not the cheapest of products I'll admit but I would buy it again if I ever managed to hit pan on all the colours, I wouldn't bother with the brush that comes with it though

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's so much debate about which naked palette is the best, or which one you should get. Honestly, I have all three nakeds plus naked smokey (planning on getting Naked Heat too) and they ALL are great for different reasons. In all actuality, most people will be satisfied with any naked palette they get, but if you are on a budget and only want one, it just depends on what you want the palette to do for you.
Personally, I think naked two is great as an everyday, subtle, wearable palette. I work in the medical field, and don't wear much makeup on a daily basis- just enough to look awake and polished. This palette is fantastic for that, and I find myself reaching for it day in and day out while getting ready for work in the mornings. All the shimmer shades are gorgeous, and bootycall is a fantastic inner corner highlight(probably one of my favorites I've ever tried). Chopper is another standout for me because it is such a pretty goldeny/pink shade. The fact that there is a matte black included is just a heaven sent. Blackout is so handy to use as a liner, and it can deepen any daytime look to nighttime in a snap.
If you're looking for bold, trendy, eye-popping colors, I would suggest a different palette. But this one is fantastic for your wearable, everyday, timeless and classic looks. True to Urban Decay form the shadows are high quality. They blend well and last all day when used with a primer. I wouldn't say they're as creamy and pigmented as kat von d or lorac, or even anastasia beverly hills, but they are high quality shadows. You can't really go wrong.

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 PM

this palette definitely runs cool. When I first bought it, my hair was sun bleached and I was tanned. I couldn't pull off most of the colours. Now my tan has faded (im NC20) and my hair is fuchsia, so now this has become my go-to work horse palette. I can get tons of looks out of this. Nothing too special or crazy, but every shade has a purpose, as either a liner ( bottom lashes or to tightline), lid, crease, transition or highlight. I've been reaching for this most mornings because of the absence of needing to think a lot. I've gotten so much use out of this since I bought it 3 months ago, and still no pan showing!

on 12/1/2016 6:54:00 AM

Overall, a very nice neutral/bronze palette. Comes with a lot of nice shimmery lid shades, so it's a great everyday palette for people with fair skin like me. There are only two matte shades, so if you're not into shimmers, this is not for you.

The packaging is very nice - sturdy tin case with a large mirror inside and comes with a double-ended brush. I personally like the brush that comes with this, so it's very easy to grab everything and slap it on in the morning.

For the price, I feel like you can find palettes that are much more versatile with more colours. There's enough product to last you years, so definitely make sure the colours are for you before dropping big bucks on this. I enjoy this palette a lot, but I have no qualms calling it overpriced.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeshadow palette is my #1, ride or die. On my old account I wrote an elaborate review so I'll try to keep it simple to avoid repetition (plus there are almost 800 reviews of this on here and tons of people have described each shade in detail). I love this palette. It's the only palette I own and the only one I feel like I need. I can create an array of looks with these twelve shades. They all have good pigmentation and blend nicely. I've used this palette soooooo many times and still haven't hit pan on a single shade.

So why wouldn't I repurchase? Because when you buy Urban Decay you support L'oreal. That may not matter to you but it matters to me since L'oreal tests on animals. When I got this palette I believe that Urban Decay hadn't been bought out by L'oreal yet, or if it was it wasn't yet common knowledge. Even though UD itself is cruelty-free, I won't buy anything from the brand anymore. Supporting Urban Decay is supporting a huge corporation that tests plenty of products on animals. So even though the products themselves may not be tested on animals, you're still indirectly supporting animal testing by supporting this brand.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first nudes pallete, so I do not have much to compare it to. It's great. I've had it for over a year and use it on a regular basis (maybe 3-4 times a week) and still haven't hit pan yet. Has great colour pay off, minimal fallout, buttery texture and stays all day paired with Lime Crimes eyeshadow helper. The brush is pretty good for blending, as well.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of 5 is that it only has one matte shade, which I struggle with blending for some reason.

I really really like it but wouldn't buy it again because there are so so so many other nude palletes out there to try.

this is my favorite out of all the naked palettes

naked 1 was too warm and I didn't like the velvet packaging. naked 3 was pink and although very pretty in the pans, not ideal for me since im not that skilled in applying eyeshadow.

naked 2 shades are perfect for me, taupe-y and cool toned shades are my preference. i like that i can use each shade by itself, and that there is a matte black so i can use it to set my eyeliners.

these shades will look good on all skin tones, and they last all day, even with my oily eyelids.

there is some fallout with these shadows, so minus one lippie for that, but other than that these shadows are buttery smooth and apply very well.

It was one of my first palettes (after theBalm's Nude'Tude), bought it shortly before Naked 3 was launched. I used it religiously for a few months, hit pan on the first four shades, the next two I really enjoyed as well. I'm an absolute fan of "Half baked", it's a gorgeous creamy gold, still one of my fave golds in my eyeshadow collection. Then I switched to other, (more colourful) palettes and... haven't worn it since!
It's definitely a palette which I could sell or give away and don't feel any regret. If you want a basic, neutral palette and you don't plan to invest in others, by all means: give it a go. The shadows are nice, creamy. Some of them aren't as blendable as they should be, given the price. There are a few shades that I think are (too) similar to each other: Snakebite & Busted, YDK & Suspect.
The brush that comes with the palette is decent, but a bit too "stiff" for me.
I'd give it 3,5 lippies if I could... but I don't love it enough to give it 4.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like so many others, I live for this palette. To be fair, I mostly use the first four shades, because I'm super fair and my day-to-day makeup routine is pretty basic. Using just those shades almost daily, the palette has lasted me SUCH a long time! An excellent buy, even if it was more expensive.

I've been a MUA for a few different small movies, and its easy to find a natural pick for any skin tone. A slight shimmer gives great definition, and catches light without looking like a disco ball.

It's insane how versatile the shades are, I even use the matte brown for my brows!

Definitely a top 5 pick for my makeup bag.