wet n wild megaliner liquid eyeliner

No Image

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Used to be a brush tip applicator but has since been changed to a stiff, scratchy felt tip.

Formula is amazing; it lasts all day without fading or smudging. Due to the awful applicator I end up removing the stopper and pouring the liner into an small mineral eyeshadow-style jar and then use a bent liner brush to apply.

In the jar the liner does not last as long. After about a month the consistency of the liner gets thicker (similar to a gel eyeliner). It is still perfectly usable but I prefer a very liquidy eyeliner so I end up repurchasing after about 1 month. The formula is so amazing the hassle of transferring the liner into a different container and using my own brush is totally worth it. The liner is usually ~$2 so repurchasing every month is also not a big deal.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my holy grail eyeliners! I have oily lids and this is the only one that stays on my eyes. It dries to a matte finish and it's very pigmented. It's very sensitive to any water or tears though. I've tried to waterproof version and it never dried down and it smeared. This one is the best ❤

UPDATE (04/09/16)
I'm sorry to have to drop this from its previous "5" rating to a "2." Wet 'n Wild recently reformulated and repackaged this. While the look of the packaging is an improvement, they've more or less ruined this product for me. The previous applicator was a very thin, pointed, firm brush (with actual bristles) that allowed me to easily apply a thick or thin line, and most importantly, a very precise wing. They've now replaced the brush with a weird, spongey thing that is similar to a felt-tip, but is very wobbly and flimsy (and significantly thicker than the old brush). This makes it harder to control the line and make it look precise. I can manage alright if I'm just making a normal line, but making a decent wing with this is now impossible.

I will say that the formula itself doesn't seem to have changed much. It's still a smooth fluid, pigmented, and lasts well throughout the day. However, the applicator issue is unforgivable for me, so after over 10 years of loyalty to this, I will be tossing it and beginning the search for a new liquid eyeliner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OLD REVIEW
I love this eyeliner. It's been my go-to since my teen years and a staple in my makeup bag for over 10 years now, and as someone who RARELY repurchases products, that says a lot.

I used to use the Black when I was younger and an "edgy" look was preferable to a "flattering" one. Now I use the Dark Brown and find it perfect for everyday use, while Black gets saved for "going out"/"whoring it up" purposes.

This applies to the lids very smoothly with no tugging or clumping. It dries quickly and once it does, it STAYS. It will last through long work days, naps, full nights' sleep (naughty you for sleeping in your makeup), hot summer days with blazing sun, cold winter days with blustering winds - you get the idea. This is not waterproof, though, so if you go swimming or just splash your face with water, it will completely dissolve off of your face in a flash. (On the plus side, it is very easy to remove at night.)

It's easy to control the thickness of the line with this, and I think the thin little brush is perfect for getting an even, consistent line. It's also the product I learned to do wings with and it's still the easiest. I've tried numerous other liquid eyeliners, even the highly-praised pen eyeliners, and this is still the best and most reliable for me. Bonus: it's dirt cheap.

The ONLY complaint I have about it is that product sticks to the little stick-thing that connects the cap and the brush, so if you aren't careful, little globs of liner from the stick-thing will get on your lashes. It's easy to clean off, though, and a minor gripe for how good this is otherwise.

on 2/18/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My eyelids are very oily and I tries this eyeliner with little bit concealer on and it stayed for 8-9 hrs!!!! I can't believe it because even gel eyeliner and Mac Liquid eyeliner doesn't stay on lids for that long. I am totally amazed and will definitely will be purchasing this my whole life I guess! It's very dark and not too shinny. It's not completely matte black. I am so excited to try more drug store eyeliners!

on 1/18/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Ugh. They reformulated this and I don't like it AT ALL. The original rating was 4 stars. The new rating is 2. It's still black and pigmented but the brush is horrible and you can't create nice wings with it.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
_______________________________________________________________________

This was my HG eyeliner FOR YEARS.

It was a nice dark black, barely faded, never transferred or peeled and dried down completely. AND, it was so easy to use. I could get a perfect, fleeky, cat eye.

The only reason I don't use it now is because I found another drugstore brand (Jordana) and I find the brush is a little smaller so the cat eye is a -bit- easier to apply. Also, even though the eyeliner stayed intact, it would fade slightly throughout the day, but it was only noticeable if you tried to apply a fresh layer of eyeliner. I had honestly never realized it had faded until then.

This is the only liquid eyeliner I use. I have yet to find one comparable and I've used many.

on 4/16/2015 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Best eyeliner for people that are better with BRUSH TIP EYELINERS. Hands down this is my most favorite one, its the only one thats dark enough and will last me through the whole day. It is not waterproof though, so if you cry itll get everywhere. Even though it may look cheap, i always find myself going back to this one just cause its so good. The formula is kinda thick, almost like your painting on your eye and you just spread the paint around to get the full coverage. This eyeliner deserves more credit, because this is by far the best even to high-end. It doesnt feel sticky and it doesnt peel off like a sticker, the color doesnt ware off through the day even when sweating. It doesnt leave awkward balls in the corners of your eyes, and the brush on this is precise.

PROS: This is definitely one of the blackest eyeliners I've ever used. The color payoff is simply amazing. The product is probably one of the cheapest eyeliners on the market - it retailed for about $2 at my local Target.

CONS: The formula felt slightly sticky on my eyes, and it seemed very cheaply made. This also made it difficult to take off every night, and I felt like I had to drag my eyes a bit to get the product off. However, the biggest reason I dislike this product is because it transfers on the tops of my eyelids, as I have hooded eyelids. Even if I thought it was completely dry on my eyelids, when I blinked I would see that the eyeliner transferred onto the tops of my lids.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I would not recommend this to anyone, especially to individuals who have hooded eyelids like myself. Too much hassle for barely any quality.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-Inexpensive
-Decent amount
-The tip is the perfect shape for the cat-eye look
-The color pigment in the black shade is great. Very deep!

Cons:
-When I have this on and I cry, it rains, or I sweat and wipe near my eyes, this stuff smears all over the place. Gotta watch out!

Overall I really like this and I'll probably continue to use it forever. Comes off quick with make up remover wipes from Equate or Coconut Oil. Comes off alright with some types of face washes or cleansers. Honestly, my Essence gel liner is way harder to get off than this. But, over all it does stick around during the day well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This liner smudges like nobody's business.
I'm not saying I'm the queen of liquid liner, but I'm usually satisfied with my liner before taking off for school in the morning. It may be because I have gym in the morning, but by the time lunch creeps around it has either melted into oblivion or twisted into odd spiky shapes, neither of which are very appealing in my eyes. Sure, an hour or so of dry air works swell, but after that it all goes down.