Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen (all shades)

Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen (all shades)

3.6

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

WARNING!!!! DO NOT USE IF YOU WEAR CONTACTS!!!!!!

I used this for the first time yesterday morning, and it was actual hell. It fogs contact lenses up like crazy!!! I went through EIGHT contact lenses, and finally left work early because I could not see. I could not see the numbers on the speed limit signs because they were so blurry. It's a miracle that I didn't get into a car accident. My eyes are still sore and inflamed the next day, and some of my contacts are trashed now, the rest are soaking.

Yes, it glided on nicely and was a beautiful color but NOT WORTH IT. After I take the price of the contacts I'm going to have to replace into account, this is the most expensive (and painful!!!) eyeliner I have ever purchased.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

While these are kinda expensive for the drugstore, I will wholeheartedly say they are the best eyeliners available in a drugstore setting. They are smooth, silky (as the name implies), they glide on effortlessly, and they last really well. The shade selection is also nice, as there are some everyday colors like black, brown, and navy, but they have some pretty metallic shades, highlight shades, and outside-the-box (for d/s) shades as well. I was a devotee of UD 24/7 liners for years, and I find Pixi's version to be just as good and less expensive. The packaging is simple, but it gets the job done and I don't feel like any air gets into the cap to dry the pencil out quickly. All in all, it is a lovely product, and while availability in the US is limited to Target, they are worth the extra few dollars over something from L'Oreal or NYX.

on 1/17/2018 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

These are now my favorite pencils; I have these colors:
BlackNoir, BlackCocoa, Matte Mulberry (medium matte mauve), Slate Grey, Rose Glow, Opal Overcoat, Oyster Glow (shimmery pinkish), Bronze Beam, Deep Plum.

PROS
--Don't irritate my sensitive eyes
--Gel: Easy/soft to apply, set up waterproof, but blendable till it sets
--Colors are definite and saturated
--Easy to apply a powder over to set/intensify
--Can apply either a thin line or smudge out

CONS
--Must be sharpened; but putting in the freezer for 15 minutes before sharpening helps a lot
--Softness means won't hold a sharp tip

Oyster Glow is a beautiful inner corner highlighter, and can also be used under the eyes; applying a powder shadow over it to darken if desired.

TL;DR: Great pencils, easy to apply, stay on once set, don't irritate sensitive eyes.

on 1/5/2018 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in Deep Plum, glided on nicely, very soft. Noticed on my lower lash line that it was a bit patchy, lighter in some spots than others. Within a couple of hours had smudged all under my eyes, migrated everywhere, normal conditions indoors, in winter. This drugstore eyeliner is a bit pricey at $12 and did not live up to its claims.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

These are very pigmented very soft eyeliner pencils. I usually draw them on then use a brush and matching eyeshadow to set them and draw a precise shape. The last all day if set with eyeshadow. The reason for the 3 lippies is they are too soft. The formula is a bit thin, almost watery feeling. Because of these two things, without setting with eyeshadow, they are sheer and glossy and difficult to build. I think they are ok but I much prefer L'Oreal Silksimme from the drugstore. Or you could get a Sephora contour pencil. Both are far superior options.

on 7/3/2017 3:27:00 PM

Deep Plum is not an obvious purple, but it sure does bring out the green in hazel eyes. There's a lot of pigment, too. I don't feel like I have precise control with this gel pencil, and it can skip a little, but I like it.

on 10/6/2016 1:25:00 PM

The good news: the colors are highly pigmented, and last really well.
The bad news: the liner itself is SO SOFT...when you sharpen it to get enough to line, it breaks off instantly. SO the (in my opinion) overpriced small pencil ends up mostly in the trash. Would definitely not buy again.

on 5/17/2016 11:43:00 AM

This is the smeariest, smudgiest, least-long-wearing liner I have ever used. Two hours after applying it, it looked like I had slept in it, on sheets saturated with cold cream, while rubbing my eyes a lot in my sleep. Totally unusable. Which is a shame, because applying it was absolutely lovely. It is extremely highly pigmented, and glides on like you're not even touching your eyes. Oh, well, thank god I got it as a free sample.

This product was designed poorly. The eye pencil is incredibly creamy and soft, which means that it is impossible to sharpen, even after putting it in the fridge to harden up. Added to this, the pencil's encasing surrounding the pigment is very hard. I'm not sure what it is made of- some combo of wood and plastic. If the pencil is hard on the outside and a soft inside, the difference be ween the two materials does not bode well when you need to sharpen. I ended up sharpening the pencil so much that the entire thing was a nub because it kept breaking and melting from the friction of the pencil sharpener. It was a mess and a complete waste of product.

The only time you use the product is when it comes straight out of packaging. As soon as you need to sharpen it, you might as well toss the whole thing because you won't be able to get any more use out of it.

Tldr. Too soft. Cannot sharpen. Waste of product. Pass. Do not recommend.

I bought this in Slate Grey (satin deep charcoal grey) based on MUA reviews and a few beauty gurus who were pleasantly surprised by these "Pens." These are actually pencils with a gel-like core. The colors are an advanced-basic set and I'm hoping for an increased palette eventually. The color payoff is perfect and the shades tend to be just as described on the website. As far as rating them related to other pencils or gel liners, I really love them, but they aren't perfect at one thing. They're great at quite a few things. The staying power on my oily, hooded lids is amazing! Beyond any other pencil I've tried, on par with the best gel liners I've used with enhanced smudging ability that goes beyond those. Realistically, these are a 4.75/5. Not perfect but damn close.

This texture lends well to smudging. I don't use this as a base shade, but others have done that successfully, but I have smudged the liner out on my undereye constantly and consistently with perfect payoff and execution (even just using my fingers instead of a brush.) While I don't love that I can't make super-sharp lines, I can accept it since I can use an eyeliner brush for gel liner techniques with this for those. It won't keep a sharp, solid point but it will keep a slightly rounded point.

Colors: good selection, great payoff, no fading, on the matte side of satin.
Price: good.
Consistency: easy to apply, gel-like texture, doesn't keep a strong point, dries well.
Usability: tight lining (best with a liner brush,) eye (straight from the pencil or with a brush,) smudging (for smokey eye or undereye.)