Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen (all shades)

Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen (all shades)

3.7

on 10/6/2016 1:25:00 PM

The good news: the colors are highly pigmented, and last really well.
The bad news: the liner itself is SO SOFT...when you sharpen it to get enough to line, it breaks off instantly. SO the (in my opinion) overpriced small pencil ends up mostly in the trash. Would definitely not buy again.

on 5/17/2016 11:43:00 AM

This is the smeariest, smudgiest, least-long-wearing liner I have ever used. Two hours after applying it, it looked like I had slept in it, on sheets saturated with cold cream, while rubbing my eyes a lot in my sleep. Totally unusable. Which is a shame, because applying it was absolutely lovely. It is extremely highly pigmented, and glides on like you're not even touching your eyes. Oh, well, thank god I got it as a free sample.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

This product was designed poorly. The eye pencil is incredibly creamy and soft, which means that it is impossible to sharpen, even after putting it in the fridge to harden up. Added to this, the pencil's encasing surrounding the pigment is very hard. I'm not sure what it is made of- some combo of wood and plastic. If the pencil is hard on the outside and a soft inside, the difference be ween the two materials does not bode well when you need to sharpen. I ended up sharpening the pencil so much that the entire thing was a nub because it kept breaking and melting from the friction of the pencil sharpener. It was a mess and a complete waste of product.

The only time you use the product is when it comes straight out of packaging. As soon as you need to sharpen it, you might as well toss the whole thing because you won't be able to get any more use out of it.

Tldr. Too soft. Cannot sharpen. Waste of product. Pass. Do not recommend.

I bought this in Slate Grey (satin deep charcoal grey) based on MUA reviews and a few beauty gurus who were pleasantly surprised by these "Pens." These are actually pencils with a gel-like core. The colors are an advanced-basic set and I'm hoping for an increased palette eventually. The color payoff is perfect and the shades tend to be just as described on the website. As far as rating them related to other pencils or gel liners, I really love them, but they aren't perfect at one thing. They're great at quite a few things. The staying power on my oily, hooded lids is amazing! Beyond any other pencil I've tried, on par with the best gel liners I've used with enhanced smudging ability that goes beyond those. Realistically, these are a 4.75/5. Not perfect but damn close.

This texture lends well to smudging. I don't use this as a base shade, but others have done that successfully, but I have smudged the liner out on my undereye constantly and consistently with perfect payoff and execution (even just using my fingers instead of a brush.) While I don't love that I can't make super-sharp lines, I can accept it since I can use an eyeliner brush for gel liner techniques with this for those. It won't keep a sharp, solid point but it will keep a slightly rounded point.

Colors: good selection, great payoff, no fading, on the matte side of satin.
Price: good.
Consistency: easy to apply, gel-like texture, doesn't keep a strong point, dries well.
Usability: tight lining (best with a liner brush,) eye (straight from the pencil or with a brush,) smudging (for smokey eye or undereye.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have this eyeliner in deep plum. It's lovely for green eyes. I have oily skin and this stays all day without smudging. It's the only liner I've ever used that looks exactly the same when I get home from work. I plan on getting more colors.

on 3/27/2015 12:39:00 AM

I've found my HG pencil eyeliner! I have hooded and oily eyelids, so I am always looking for something that won't transfer onto my lower lids (I always end up with a smudge of colour at my outer lower lids by the end of the day). This is it! Glides on so smoothly (similar to the marc jacobs gel eyeliner. nice intense colour. This stayed on all day and didn't smudge!

If only it were easier for me to find in Canada, now that Target is closing down.

on 2/12/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eyeliner. It's the closest I've come to my HG eyeliner. It's the smoothest, creamiest, most pigmented, long lasting formula I've come across. You use the lightest touch and it gives opaque color. Also, when it sets it doesn't budge. It's the only eyeliner I've ever been able to use on the upper waterline. Seriously awesome. The only problem is that it's so creamy it can get a little messy before it sets but this is me trying really hard to look for problems. I seriously recommend it. It's awesome.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a value set of these liners, and I love all the colors. They are creamy, smooth and long lasting on the upper lash line. The only thing that I hate is that I can't wear them along my bottom water line, or it will run into my eyes and stain my contacts lenses, making them all cloudy and impossible to clean off with saliene solution. I've never had this problem with any other brand eyeliner. I had no choice but to throw away a few lenses because of this =\(contacts ain't cheap either!) So contact lens wearers beware!

on 12/16/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This review is for the color Bronze Beam. Holy Beautiful Bronze Eyeliner. This color is stunning and is the perfect bronze for my blue eyes. It rivals my HG Mac Teddy in color. I love how smooth it glides and it stays for most of the day. However, with that smooth glide pencil comes the major con -- and why I won't repurchase it. It is suuuuuper soft. This liner gets caught in the base of my lashes and will actually crumble. I have to sharpen this after every single use and sometimes after doing just one eye! So, for $12 -- I'd prefer the liner to last a little longer than a month of use. I know you can refrigerate them, but geez! I don't want to have to do that. I'll just buy Teddy!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I cannot express enough how much I love this product. It is one of the best eyeliners in the market as it is incredibly silky, as it claims, and it stays on all day without smudging. I love everything about it. I love shimmery colours, I think they are more interesting than matte shades but if you prefer mattes, with black cocoa and black noir you can't go wrong. The packaging is very unique, that lime green colour with the branches and the flowers shows there is attention to detail and it is immediately a mark of identity. As Petra (the creator) herself said in a video, these pencils have been designed for those who struggle with liquid eyeliner but like its effect. These eyeliners are like a liquid eyeliner in a pencil form, making it easier to apply and in my opinion, liquid eyeliner can't come close to them. A pencil is always more versatile as you can achieve several looks with it, blended, smudged, defined and even use them as an eyeshadow. The pixi silky eye pens are undoubtedly in the best eyeliner list and they are better than any high end eyeliner that requires more money and it delivers mediocre results! The pixi pencils win all the way!