Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.5

on 11/27/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dark circles, I am aging, and this is beginning to feel like a John Mulaney bit. At least I don't have to $uck a d!#k or sell drugs to be able to afford this concealer. Though I am a little weirded out by the sponge applicator (is it hygienic? does it waste product?) I do think this is a great concealer. Even when I accidentally apply too much because sometimes the dumb sponge on top makes it hard to know how much you've dispensed it blends out seamlessly, covers my (genetic) dark circles well, and doesn't crease or otherwise draw attention to the spiderweb of fine lines under my eyes. I may have permanently aged into the "high end" section of foundation spectrum, but at least I can still get a quality concealer at the drugstore.

on 9/8/2018 4:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For reference, I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in shade 1N2 Ecru/Fenty Beauty foundation in a mixture of 120 and 150/Laneige BB Cushion in 13C. The shade 110 for this concealer is perfect for brightening my under eyes. I use a 120 when I'm concealing imperfections (acne scars, spots, etc.)

Pros:
- Blends really well and doesn't crease
- Doesn't highlight any fine lines or wrinkles
- Buildable coverage, though be careful - it tends to become really cakey if you apply too much. Start little, and then build.
- Hasn't broken me out, and I have sensitive + acne-prone skin. Big plus!!

Cons:
- Even though the applicator is supposed to be anti-bacterial, I'm not quite sure how hygienic it really is (especially if you use this concealer everyday, even on clean skin).

But overall, a really good and affordable concealer to have, especially if you're starting out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Good yet thin, non-cakey coverage, blends into skin easily, doesn't highlight my fine lines, velvet finish. Just make sure you moisturise well under the eyes first. I brought Light Pale 120. Its a nice peachy yellow shade but is too dark for me (very fair NC 5 - 10 yellow-toned skin). I wish Maybelline would extend the shade range! For reference, better matches for me are Anastasia Beverley Hills Concealer in "0.5" (full coverage, comes in a pot). And Covergirl Trublend Its Lit in L2 Fair (medium coverage, wind up pen with brush applicator). They are both more pink toned than the Maybelline but I find that works better to cancel out dark circles under the eyes.

on 6/23/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to daily concealer. It oxidizes a bit, and the packaging is convenient but really weird. It's a medium coverage, which I prefer for everyday since I don't wear foundation. I apply a decent amount and blend it in with my fingers, then set with my ELF undereye powder. I wouldn't use this all over my face. It has a strong peach undertone to it, which makes it great for canceling out the blue and purple dark circles but not so great for concealing spots and redness around the nose. But for something I'm just using under my eyes, definitely enjoy it and worth it to have in my arsenal.

on 3/17/2018 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product works well. It covers my dark circles well and lasts for many hours (8ish with powder). The application is pretty messy and seems unsanitary. But, it does not sting my sensitive skin or break me out. Have and will be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Favourite undereye concealer from the drugstore! It does not cake up, crease, separate, or transfer (provided if you set it with powder)! My undereye usually poses a problem because of the dry patches there. Some concealers i used tend to exaggerate it by creasing or catching on it. However, this problem did not occur and, not only that, it does a great job in smoothing it out — allowing my undereyes to look very smooth! In addition, it did not aggravate my sensitive skin.

Only downside to this is the applicator because it gets very dirty after awhile. Aside from this, you would need to use a little bit more to get the needed coverage you desire (unless you’re into a more natural look then a little goes a long way!). The amount of product given is very substantial too — lasting me a good 6 months even if i were to use it almost every single day!

on 10/3/2017 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer should be called Age Adding not Age Rewind. Decided to buy this concealer after reading rave reviews but it turned out to be one of the worst concealers I have tried. From the start the applicator is horrible, I wanted to get a tiny bit out but that can't happen with this, and you have no choice but to dab the applicator to your eye area. This is very unhygienic & it leaves traces of old dried concealer in the sponge.
Then to how horrible it looked on my eyes. This concealer added about 10 or so years to my eyes & face. It caked horribly. My under eye looked instantly wrinkly & dry, this bought out wrinkles that I didn't even know were there. Also it was hard to blend out & covered darkness under my eyes unevenly. It was hard to layer as it would rub out what is already applied if I wanted to touch up.
Not a pleasant experience. Luckily I didn't spend to much on this but it was a waste of time & money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
- Gives good coverage
- It blends super quick
- It looks like skin
- You only need a bit
Cons:
- The packaging is just weird and kind of annoying

BTW: This is soo much better than the Maybelline fit me concealer. This one gives way more coverage and looks so much better on the skin!

on 8/14/2017 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This product works very well for my dark circles. I remove the eraser top (comes off easily) and then it works more as a pen. The yellow-ness of the Neutralizer shade combats the blue well and does not need another layer to blend in with my skin. Have and will continue to re-purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Idk if I'm using it wrong or what. But its makes my under eye look dryer even after serum and moisturizer.