Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles
Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark CirclesEnter TitleInstant Age Rewind Eraser Dark CirclesInstant Age Rewind Eraser Dark CirclesMaybelline Instant Age Rewind

3.7

on 10/16/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Overall i really like this concealer. The coverage is good, doesnt really crease (little to none), great staying power and layers on top of liquid foundation really nicely. It also does a great job at brightening up my dark circles, and i really enjoy the tingling cooling sensation when applying it to my under eyes. Only "problem" that i have with it is not with the formula itself, but with the packaging. I would personally prefer a doe foot applicator, but thats mostly just me since i'm an absolute idiot at gauging how much products comes out from the twist and turn sponge tip applicator that this concealer came with.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I used up my tube but I think my shade was too light as it look like I had reverse raccoon eyes. I also had to build up the coverage. The applicator tip was nice but I'm looking for a more opaque product .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I liked this concealer for under the eyes at first, until about 1-2 months into using it started to make my eyes itch like crazy and then I developed some dermatitis on the inner corners of the tops of my eyelids. I am not sure if it's the formula or the sponge applicator which built up bacteria. A shame! It did blend well, but I did need to apply another concealer on top to blend to my skin tone better.

on 10/16/2017 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this a few years ago and, after using it for a few weeks, had the same reaction as the previous reviewer -- itchy inner corners that would wake me up at night! Recently tried the illuminating one and loved it. However, after using it twice in one week (I don't wear makeup on a daily basis now) got the same itchy reaction. Such a shame as the illuminating version is a perfect quick way to diffuse dark circles. Will continue using my Shape Tape as this is the BEST concealer I have ever found, bar none. It just takes a little more time as you have to be very careful with the amount you apply.

on 10/9/2017 8:12:00 AM

I finally found a HG concealer.
It has good coverage, lasts all day, blends easily, and doesn't set in the fine lines. However, you need to find a good colour match according to your dark circles. I have blue/purple dark circles, and tried the shades iluminizer (soft pink, didn't work), honey (too dark for me) and finally, light which is the one I am keeping with.

The only con is the application, but all in all I think the product is so good that you can ignore it.

I would definetely repurchase.

Use this on an everyday use when I dont want to waste my Tarte Shape and Tape. Great coverage, super creamy, only downside is the shape options the wish they had one shade lighter, but other than that I recommend for a cheap generic concealer 🙂

on 10/3/2017 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer should be called Age Adding not Age Rewind. Decided to buy this concealer after reading rave reviews but it turned out to be one of the worst concealers I have tried. From the start the applicator is horrible, I wanted to get a tiny bit out but that can't happen with this, and you have no choice but to dab the applicator to your eye area. This is very unhygienic & it leaves traces of old dried concealer in the sponge.
Then to how horrible it looked on my eyes. This concealer added about 10 or so years to my eyes & face. It caked horribly. My under eye looked instantly wrinkly & dry, this bought out wrinkles that I didn't even know were there. Also it was hard to blend out & covered darkness under my eyes unevenly. It was hard to layer as it would rub out what is already applied if I wanted to touch up.
Not a pleasant experience. Luckily I didn't spend to much on this but it was a waste of time & money.

on 10/2/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this product so long the bottle is almost empty. I will buy another because it works well and the price point.

This concealer would be damn expensive for a youngster(!!!) like me had I not gotten it when it was on half price.

My face had paled and my old Fit Me concealer was too dark for me. I decided to give Instant Age rewind a try.

This concealer is good at brightening my eyes and hiding my dark circles. However its coverage suits my lifestyle so that if I'm holding back on the make up on some days, it doesn't look cakey around my eyes. If I want more coverage, I go with combining it with foundation. It never gets patchy underneath my eyes either. However if you're looking for high coverage, this isn't for you.

However one major flaw is the packaging on this. The applicator seems pretty unhygienic, especially since the cap does have a tendency to fall off. Some dexterity is required to turn the head for more product. Since the brush/sponge(??) head is pretty big, you also have less control of where it goes (not to big a deal since it's not really high coverage or cakey as I said before)

I'll finish this one up but I'll be going back to Fit Me.

on 10/7/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought the neutralizer thinking it was yellow enough for my freakishly yellow undertone skin but it was like a neon yellow. Besides the color match confusion, this stuff wasn't THAT great. I have very dry skin and I found this concealer to settle into fine lines under my eyes and into smile lines (the two places I usually conceal) after 10 min. Maybelline fit me concealer is still the best drugstore concealer so far. It applies so beautifully and smooth under my eyes and the shade sand 20 is more of a skin yellow than the age rewind neutralizer.