Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles
Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark CirclesEnter TitleInstant Age Rewind Eraser Dark CirclesInstant Age Rewind Eraser Dark CirclesMaybelline Instant Age Rewind

3.7

I was a bit disappointed by this product maybe because I had built up so much hype about it I have heard so many make up artists and blogs, YouTube videos praise this concealer.

But after practice I realised I couldn't just use my finger to dab in the product I was advised to use a beauty blender it made it soooooo much better if I didn't blend it it looked Cakey and cracked.

I would purchase it again.

The BEST drug store concealer!

For reference, I am asian (warm toned, NC 20-30) with combination/acne prone skin.

I found this concealer, at least under the eyes, to be a little sheer and orange-toned. I was surprised how orange it looked even when blended out and set with powder. I also found it to be sheer, so it creased more on me. I much prefer the Maybelline Fit me concealer in 20 sand, which is cheaper and also higher coverage/more neutral/yellow toned and less orange.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My holy grail concealer for the under-eyes. It's light in texture but is pigmented enough to brighten up my dark circles. I see a lot of people complaining that this doesn't help in covering up their dark circles so for reference, my dark circles aren't exactly "circular", it begins at my inner corner and shaped like a sharp crescent. So I can't speak for people who has very dark circles.
Some of the powders that I use can make this concealer crease, but I can't remember which one and why. I only apply a light layer of this concealer and so far if I set them with the right powder, it won't crease or budge. I will repurchase again & again until I find a better concealer.

on 1/11/2017 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

amazing concealer i adore it

on 1/3/2017 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this. I use honey, which is the darkest shade which isn't very dark. I use it over my foundation under my eyes, on nose and chin. Complexion is med to med dark and honey is almost too light in the summer, but it works. Wasn't sure about the sponge tip initially but now I love it. It blends in the concealer wonderfully by patting. I just twist some out into sponge and start patting. I also put this on my eyelids and eye shadow stays til I remove it. Very handy for quick touch ups throughout the day. I haven't found anything that works better covering my circles.it creases a little but no more than anything else and covers pretty good so I'll accept the creases over the circles. Anything is going to crease a little if u have creases there. Very happy w this and hope to GOD they don't discontinue this. Best one I've used - hands down.

on 1/3/2017 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't get the hype around this product. It barely covers my dark circles and looks extremely cakey once applied. I found it does not work well on top of my foundation.

The most annoying thing for me though, is that it looks so orange on my skin! Even though I used the lightest shade, it looked waaay too dark and unnatural on me. As it's hard to blend, it ended up just sitting on my skin, leaving orange patches where I applied it.

on 12/26/2016 6:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I liked the idea of the sponge applicator but it doesn't really work well unless you apply concealer to a larger area (like your nose, which I do on occasion). It doesn't have enough coverage for my undereye area and it creases a little. Not anywhere near enough coverage for the broken capillaries around my nose and it doesn't layer well. So basically this is only good if you want to cover some larger pores or sebaceous filaments on your face and don't want to use any foundation since this won't look too obvious on it's own. Would not repurchase. Maybelline's fit me and better skin concealers are both much better than this.

on 12/26/2016 12:47:00 PM

Lightens up my dark circles but on the flip side, it dries out the skin which causes the eye area to appear wrinkly. The sponge applicator cannot really be cleaned well, so I won't be purchasing this again.

on 12/23/2016 2:56:00 AM

Well I purchased about a year ago and from what I remember from this product is it was pretty good but it didn't really blend well I don't have any dark circles but I used it more of a concealer it wasn't the best still on the hunt for that perfect under eye concealer. Love the packaging though but its quite messy.