Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This would have 5 stars but the packaging grossed me out.
This is the best drugstore concealer I have ever used. Great coverage for under eyes and minimal creasing.

It’s an okay concealer. Previously the lightest shade was too dark for me but they recently came out with new shade, 00 Ivory, so I bought it out of curiosity.
Of course the first thing I did was removing the stupid sponge, which is unsanitary and unnecessary. It worked well and I don’t have to use as much product.
The coverage is medium. Doesn’t cover my extreme dark circles, but nothing except Tarte Shape Tape can do that, so I’m not surprised.
I set it with some powder. It doesn’t accentuate my skin’s texture like many concealers do.
Overall, nothing special but if you have minor dark circles, you might give it a try.

on 6/11/2018 6:05:00 PM

Im 31 and have fine wrinkles under the eyes, and this only shows them more. Its too thick and sets in the lines. Hars to work with if u have dry dkin. Great as an eyeshadow base though...

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I use the Maybelline Age rewind under my concealer. I usually do my age rewind and then I put my foundation on and take it from there.. so far so good I love it.

on 5/23/2018 9:51:00 AM

pros:
- blends easily
- feels lightweight on the skin
- natural looking finish
- doesn't cling to dry patches too much

cons:
- not enough coverage for my dark circles, personally.
- the shade range y'all.. it's abysmal. i'm not even that fair, and yet the lightest shade is extremely dark and orange on me. this fact exclusively made the concealer absolutely unusable on my skin.
- the idea of putting the gross sponge tip applicator at the end of this is horrible. it's unhygienic and serves no purpose.

overall, i'd say it's a decent enough concealer if you are lucky enough to find your shade, but the fit me concealer worked better in every aspect for me, so if you want a maybelline concealer, i'd just go with that one.

on 5/21/2018 2:17:00 PM

almost perfect, it is not that matte, maybe that is my eye cream's problem . it is perfect under eye shadow , make it last very much ... well maybe it is perfect

on 5/15/2018 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It creases so badly!
I tried to pair this with my mac waterweight foundation and my maybelline fit me foundation then set it with the laura mercier powder. It still creases! Sigh.....it has so many good reviews and the price is so cheap. It is really sad this product dint work out well for me

on 5/12/2018 8:21:00 AM

I hated the packaging and after many rounds of pumping, some product came out . Then I realised that I have to turn the plastic part in each use. And after all the effort, all that was dispersed on the sponge was a little product, nothing like what I see on you tube. I finally removed the sponge and can do a proper review. The product is good, good coverage, natural looking skin, stays on , never oxidise just that the packaging was so bad it was impossible to use and I was about to throw it away.

I have waited a long time before writing this review, I wanted to formulate my opinion properly.
It is good but not perfect - first of all - colour range could be improved (maybe its just limited where I live?) - I have the lightest shade I could buy and it is still a bit dark when I am pale. Works fine when i am a bit tanned so I can live with that (I self tan but don’t always bother so go through pale phases;) ). It covers well - I would definitely say medium coverage at least (I don’t like heavy heavy coverage in foundation/concealers) - I occasionally have dark circles but not on regular basis.
Works well under eyes as well as general concealer but if used under eyes it has to be set with powder (otherwise will crease) - fortunately a light layer of powder is sufficient to make it last all day (I don’t use baking technique...) . Can be blended with a sponge but finger works just fine.
I am in my mid 30s and it doesn’t make my undereye too dry and it doesn’t accentuate fine lines - actually makes my makeup looks fresh/youthful in a way.
A little goes a long way, packaging is good too.
So yeah, I guess it’s something I would repurchase and recommend.

on 4/27/2018 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've heard so many good things about this product and so many people have sworn by it. BUT I dont know... I'm not seeing the miracles that this concealer brings to others. Maybe I haven't got too much experience with other concealers. (Maybe it's Maybelline haha ;) It's great but I reckon it's best used when the sponge is taken off. Much more sanitary! Also, I have the shade medium and light (I need to mix the two to get the right shade) and I think they need a larger shade range. It would also be great if they could come out with shades with more yellow undertones.