MAC Paint Pot in Let's Skate!

MAC Paint Pot in Let's Skate!

4.2

on 1/16/2018 3:22:00 PM

For myself, I loved the colour and found it such a cute wash of colour! Sadly, the glitter in it ended up irritating my eye lids! I’ve never had such a weird reaction, and do not have sensitive skin by any means! It burned almost! I believe it was because the glitter wasn’t finely milled enough and would scrape my eye lid!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Once upon a midnight dreary,
I wore this when i was quite teary
to cover my purplish lids
which it promptly did!
I love it more than Britney Speary!

on 12/22/2017 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this paint pot a lot! I dont like painterly or soft ochre cuz they are super thick and dry out my eyelids(they look terrible on me), if you have oily eyelids I dont recommend this paint pot but if you have dry lids, , it will be perfect for you. And also it s a good base for shimmery beige/pink eyeshadows. I use it with my nars "Fathom" eyeshadow. Looks gorgeous

on 8/22/2016 7:45:00 AM

I really love my soft ochre paint pot, but sadly I really, really don't like Let's Skate.

It's semi-sheer rosey colour with a hint of gold. I think the sheerness makes it look bad. If it had been a full coverage, like soft ochre, it may have worked. Maybe. Then again, it's just a really unflattering colour in my opinion.

Also whatever shimmer product is in this, it really irritates my eyes.

I bought this a few years back and it is still three quarters full in its container. So yeah, this one's a bit of a fail.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Although it looks like a very pretty rose pink with glitter in the pot, it actually swatches much paler than one would think. Because of that, I find myself only being able to use it as a base for other shadows to put on top, as the colour on its own doesn't look as good on my eyes as I had hoped. The formula is consistent with other MAC Paintpots I own, and I find it to be a little more on the opaque side than some of the others. I think it's definitely worth it if you like wearing paler shadows on their own, but I wouldn't repurchase it as there are cheaper alternatives if you're just looking for an eyeshadow base.

on 4/13/2015 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is so pretty... a sheer pink with sparkles. I like to put it all over my lid and use Shale powder shadow in the crease. I have blue/green eyes. I've owned this shadow for several years and it's still soft and blendable and I love that it has sparkles instead of frost... HOWEVER... the tiny silver sparkles migrate onto my cheekbones. I try to accept it with a "Shine On" philosophy, but this may be highly objectionable to some.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is ridiculously pretty! It swatches a bit chalky looking but actually on my eyelids its smooth and blends easily. Its got gold and pink iridescent glitter in but this doesn't make it look golden like lots of other eyeshadows with gold shimmer. It also doesn't look metallic just matte super pale pink with lots of fine glitteryness which doesn't fall all over my face. I think it looks especially nice with winged liner for daytime or evening although I love glitter anytime!

Loooove this! It transforms into a beautiful gold glitter on your eyelids, but it's subtle enough to be able to use it for everyday wear. I cannot explain how happy I am I found this! Recommended!

on 7/30/2013 2:15:00 AM

I bought this paint pot a fortnight ago but it has yet reached holy grail status for me! I love this wonderful pink golden color as a very natural looking highlighter under the eyebrow as well as a base. Really great stuff!

on 6/2/2013 7:07:00 AM

my experience with mac paint pots was like a roller coaster ride. prior to this purchase i owned painterly and bare study - fell in love with painterly right away, got bare study and was shocked at how badly it applied on my lids compared to painterly. Got Let's Skate on a whim because it swatched so beautifully on my hand and its texture was creamier than bare study - and it did not disappoint on my lids. It was such a gorgeous pink with gold glitter in it. I like to use it alone - perfect for spring and summer! be careful though if u apply shimmery eye shadow over it as it can get a little over the top with the glitters. but overall i love this paint pot so much more than bare study!!!