Garnier Fructis Daily Care Silky Secret Leave-In

Garnier Fructis Daily Care Silky Secret Leave-In

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water, PEG 14 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Hydroxyethyl Oleyl Dimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methlypropronial, Citroneloil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Limonene, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, F.I.L. D45901/1

on 12/31/2012 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Terrible. Sticky in my hair and leaves a gross residue. Unable to style afterwards.

This stuff is AWESOME!! My hair is SUPER tangly, and this is the only spray that works. After I spray this in my hair I can comb it with a really thin tooth comb with no stops! My hair feels silky, soft, healthy, smooth, and TOTALLY tangle free. EHMAGAWD luh-ve it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is GREAT! First off, it's a water-based spray so it's great for those who may have very thin hair with no volume that don't want to have hair that's weighed-down. I personally have thick, coarser hair so I don't mind spraying about 8 sprays all over my hair with this even closer to my roots. I bought this because I ran out of my CHI Keratin Mist which was my HG leave-in conditioner but now that I've found this product, I've totally changed my mind! I was lucky enough to find this product at my local drugstore on sale for only $2.99! I honestly should've picked up a second bottle because this is honestly such an amazing hair product.

How I use this is I spray it evenly throughout my hair after I wash it and it is still damp. I spray it in after I add in my other products like my leave-in cream conditioner and so on. Then I blow-dry my hair. I'm seriously left with super shiny, soft hair and I'm just loving it, especially now that it is summer. What I think is great about this is, if you look at the list of ingredients, the second ingredient is Demethicone which is of course a silicone and that really is what's going to help give your hair that silkiness. There's also silk amino acids in this which surprised me because not many cheap leave-in conditioner sprays would contain a protein like this one. I forgot to mention, but this product also adds alot of shine to you hair!

Cons: There isn't really anything bad I can say about this, but maybe that I find it isn't the best thing to use in your dry, already styles hair, it will not work as like a heat protectant. But yeah that's all.

Would I recommend this? Absolutely! It's SO inexpensive and it works GREAT! The smell of this stuff is unreal! I love that fruity-apple scent it has and it actually stays in your hair for the whole day and trust me, you'll receive compliments :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely HG status for my african american hair which is fickle, dry, damaged/breaking and super thick. I bought this on a whim after deciding I needed a detangler/leave-in to manage my new hair cut. I was skeptical as garnier has a reputation for big claims and little results (at least in my case), but after I sprayed this on a single section of my hair and combed through it...WOW...!!!! It made my hair SO MANAGEABLE and smooth; not to mention it smells good too! I was blown away. My hair is such a hassle when it's dry that I only comb it when it's wet and covered in conditioner- not anymore! Also, this has protein in it, so if your hair is protein-sensitive, beware. I noticed a TON less shedding as I used this, too. I comb my hair over the sink to monitor how much of it comes out of my comb...I'm happy to say only a few strands will be dearly missed. This stuff is literally a miracle!

on 11/4/2011 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Very watery, so it takes using a lot for it to have any effect, and it will at that point make your hair very wet. I wouldn't recommend this for anything but very basic detangling. It did smell nice. In general, I don't care for the scents of the Garnier line, they are too sweet for me, but this smelled a little fresher, and I could smell the grapefruit. Anymore, I feel like products of this type from the drugstore aren't worth it, and I prefer to spend 2-3 times as much for a salon product that is more concentrated. For example, I love the Victoria's Secret Detangler, which is a great all around conditioning product.