Stila In The Light Palette [DISCONTINUED]

Stila In The Light Palette [DISCONTINUED]
In The Light Palette [DISCONTINUED]In The Light Palette [DISCONTINUED]In The Light Palette [DISCONTINUED]In The Light Palette [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

on 4/25/2017 1:04:00 PM

This is a nice palette but not one of my favourites, I only use the blue and black shade as I think their decent the rest of the shades are too neutral and boring for me so I wouldn't necessary purchase this palette again ( i cant anyway as it is discontinued) because I dont really reach out for this palette but its okay not to bad not fantastic either, pigmentation is decent you do get a little fallout but its nothing too heavy.
Don't think its worth the price as I think you can get better palettes at a fraction of the price.

on 1/5/2017 8:17:00 PM

I like this palette quite a bit, if I could I would rate it 3.5 stars so pretend it's 3.5 lips.

This palette has good color selection. I love all the top row shades and also bubbly and the black shade. Not a big fan of the blues (but I use them occasionally) or the brown shade that has the awkward chunky "kiddie" gold glitter. The eyeliner that came with it I didn't really like, it was too smudgy and the pencil was thick and hard to use (didn't come with a sharpener). Loving 7/10 shades in a palette is pretty high for me.

The quality of the eyeshadow itself is pretty good. Not crazy luxuriously soft or amazing color pay off, but good quality...better than e.l.f or something cheap. Good pay off, good ability to blend. The case really needs some work. My mirror broke only a month after I bought it. This is not a palette you want to bring on vacation, the packaging is VERY flimsy.

on 5/31/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very beautiful neutral palette. It's one of my most used palettes. all the stilla palettes have a good mix of mattes and shimmer, nice transition shades nice darker shades, so you don't need to grab another palette to do your complete makeup I just wish the black was more black and more pigmented, it's more like a charcoal shade. I got it on sale at winners for 25$ because it's been discontinued. If you can get on sale grab it!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

All but one of these shadows applied smoothly and lasted all day without budging or creasing at all. It has everything you need for either a natural eye or a classic smoky eye. I loved Kitten, Night Sky, and Ebony but I wasn't crazy about the browns in this palette because they were a bit warm for my complexion. I also wish there was maybe one more lighter color because you're definitely going to run out of those before you use up all of the dark colors.

Bare: Pale matte nude.
Kitten: The perfect champagne shimmer. I was a fan of this color before I knew of its cult status.
Gilded Gold: Applies matte, a light chocolate brown. I didn't have the pigmentation problems that other reviewers seemed to have.
Bubbly: A nice toasted/golden champagne.
Sunset: Coppery-hued light brown.
Sandstone: Matte, darker warm chocolate brown.
Bliss: Kind of a dud. Matte, but not very pigmented or blendable.
Luster: Gray-brown shimmer. Okayish.
Night Sky: A nice, dark shimmery silver-gray.
Ebony: Pitch black, matte, very blendable. Can blend from black to gray. Lots of fallout, though.

on 5/21/2016 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite eye shadow palette. Beautiful, neutral colors that can be used for day or night looks. The product stays in place throughout the day, removes easily, and doesn't cause any residual problems, like dryness. Love this product!

on 5/15/2016 5:29:00 AM

This is a great palette.

The eyeshadows are very powdery and easy to blend (but since they are powdery, it can be messy - shake off the brush to get some excessive product off the brush).

You have all shades you need for a neutral look.
It is very light and perfect for travelling.
The only downside is that it doesn't have a mirror!

It is a lovely neutral palette with a great selection of shades. The pigmentation is great. Though the packaging is not that great.

on 11/5/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It's ok.
i've had it for five years. It does it's job.
Fall out is not good.
Ok shade selection.

For $39 dollars I would save up to probably get myself Inglots because they're comparable quality to MAC but way cheaper. Terrible price point.

Packaging is very average. Not sturdy and now the letters are coming off as the palette is into year 5.

In terms of colors I use kitten and champagne for undereyes. Kitten is my favorite shade.
Bliss I use as a neutral shade and sandstone as brown.

I guess my biggest qualm is that there are no matte shades. Only shimmer. :/

on 9/14/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

pros:
- great neutral shades
- good colour payoff when used dry
- you can make dramatic or subtle looks with this palette

cons:
- staying power is not as good as other similarly-priced eyeshadows
- blendability isn't the best either

this is an alright palette but nothing i would be clamouring to purchase after using it a couple of times. i think it's actually discontinued now? i'll continue to use it now and then but i wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's a great neutral palette. That being said, neutral eye looks are not my cup of tea. I got this off Stila's website on sale for $20. Glad I got it on sale and did not pay full price. I use it maybe once a month, if even that. The really only use 3, maybe 4 shades. Sunset is my favorite color in the palette. I definitely don't own anything like it. I like to use it in my outer v with Kitten on my eyelid. And Sandstone is a great liner color for those of us who prefer not to use actual eye liner. Bottom line: I'm glad I have it, but I'm also glad I got it on sale. I would be filled with regret if I had paid full price for this palette.