Chanel Jersey

3.5

I have a 4 ml sample bottle of Jersey that came in a trio of bottles in a Chanel gift set and have worn this scent for a good few days.
Firstly i keep calling this Chanel Lavender instead of Jersey. I do not think Jersey is a good name for this Les Exclusifs !
Secondly I have read many lukewarm reviews apart from two .
I can understand both sides actually.
At first wearing this scent comes across as terribly simplistic and is it worthy of a Chanel exclusive ? Then there are the notions of fabric conditioner, potpourri and and men's cologne plus lavender .. let's face it ..is not terribly glamorous or exciting .
However, after using the EDT several times I have come to rely on Jersey as a soothing ,classy fragrance.
The lavender is fractionated with all the spiky , pot pourri bits removed so it is smooth and subtle mixed with a breezy airy almost watery note, a small amount of fuzzy powder and a semi sweet vanilla.
The lavender kind of melds after a few minutes with tonka and vanilla and becomes this abstract non gourmand vanilla mystery ,
The lasting strength is not bad. Better than Gardenia and Beige actually. On clothes , Jersey comes back in wafts of delicious aromatic vanilla .

Sometimes simple is mastery . I only have good words for Jersey except for its name which does it no justice at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A while back, there was a Gap EDT called "Lavender Tea." It had the staying power of a summer breeze, but while it lasted it was lovely—at least for a mid-20s me. Soft lavender, green tea, a bit of vanilla...sweet but not cloying, light and fresh like soap or laundry. I wore it on my wedding day, though it was probably gone by the end of the ceremony.
It's discontinued now, but it might have been reincarnated in Chanel Jersey. I'd all but forgotten about Lavender Tea, but when I smelled Jersey, it all came back to me. The two scents share many of the same notes and qualities, except Jersey actually sticks around a while. I don't see this becoming one of my regular scents, because it just smells young to me; I don't know if that's because I associate those notes with that particular time in my life, or if lavender, tea and vanilla just aren't particularly grown-up or sophisticated. Either way, it's really lovely, and I'm glad I got the trip down memory lane.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

This is too commmonplace, I dont understand why Channel did it, and also it has next to zero fixation. And at this price also?!
without more comments....

So I purchased this on a whim because I wanted a fragrance for me being a "Jersey Girl". I am so happy I did. I tend to prefer lavender and vanilla...two scents that can go terribly wrong when overdone. This was a pleasant surprise. The lavender is cooling while the vanilla and musk seem to warm it up. I love the simple sophistication of Jersey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

On paper, this sounded right up my alley. In reality, this is one of the most unappealing fragrances I've tried. While I can smell the soft lavender and vanilla, they are overridden by an overwhelming SWAMP note that does not go away! It smells like getting too close to a toad and trying to cover it up by spraying him in room fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Gorgeous scent on me for spring/summer - but really expensive. The softness reminded me of Prada Infusion d'Iris (which is my go to daytime scent pretty much year round), and for some reason on me it is similar (even though the notes are completely different). However this just is sexy, warm-ish, comfy and amazing. I wanted something for the warmer months that I could feel okay wearing day and night and this is it. I love the lavender and the musks and the vanilla. Men and women love it alike but most of all I adore it. I will buy this again.

This is a lovely lavender based fragrance. My boyfriend generally dislikes the scent of lavender but fortunately he really likes this. This also has amazing staying power, I can smell it all day long into the night on both skin and clothing. The lavender is not strong enough to be distinctive and easily recognized but not so strong as to make the fragrance just about the lavender. There's enough green, vanilla, and musk to balance it and make it is both both rich and light, warm and summery. I can see this going with any season, I find it quite dimensional.

I must admit that the airy top notes can sometimes veer towards a slight vinegar/pickle juice accord, which I don't love. However, I do LOVE the soft, vanilla and lavender middle and base notes that become sweeter and slightly powdery over time. It stays close to the skin and, on me, lasts for hours. I layer it under L'Artisan Mimosa Pour Moi (which does not have great longevity on me) to remedy the problem I have with the top notes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I sampled Chanel Jersey after reading the mostly mediocre reviews, actually not expecting too much. To me Jersey is first of all lavender, a soft, herbal lavender which lingers and dominates for the first hour. Then the vanilla and musk emerge enveloped in a soft powdery base. This combination makes Jersey a very cozy skin scent, in perfect balance with the lavender. This soft scent stays close to my skin for a few hours and I personally do not mind reapplying after a few hours to experience the metamorphosis of this composition all over again. I think Jersey is quite masterful and for me it was interesting enough to buy a full bottle. I truly enjoy this on weekends when I like wearing a somewhat more "informal" scent and I can see wearing this in hot temperatures as well as in the dead of winter. Comes in the classy Chanel Exclusifs bottle, 6.8 oz spray for $210. A keeper for me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Well, it's not bad, but it isn't good either. It's mostly a detergent/spa scent. Incredibly disappointing for a Chanel. Unbelievable that it is a Chanel, really. As it dries, there's a fantastic vanilla musk incense vibe, but that soapy lavender is all over the top and cheapens it so much. Such a shame.I kept sniffy my soapy wrist and thinking "it's not bad...this CAN'T be a Chanel!" It just smells so synthetically inexpensive. That said, it smells okay. But it doesn't smell quality.

Popular Fragrances