MAC Matte - Outre

MAC Matte - Outre

4.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the nastiest looking color in the pan! But on my eyes as a blending color it's surprisingly gorgeous. My skin tone is NC 15/20 I have hazel gold eyes and dark brown hair. I wear Tempting or Romp on the lid and on my lash line and then blend it out with Outré and use Brule as a brow highlight. I just can get over how pretty this color combo is. It's a simple daytime smoky eye for my fair complexion.

on 9/23/2013 10:58:00 AM

I love this eye-shadow the colour is so versatile. You can wear it on it's own and it will go with literally any outfit or you can use it as a base for blending other mac colours onto.
It is a Mustard-light nude to yellow pigment just lovely.
The packaging is great and feels safe and sturdy unlike most eye-shadows which can crack and crumble.
10/10

on 5/4/2013 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Outre is a lovely camel color. Unfortunately it reminds me of another similar MAC shadow called Ochre Style. That one had a little shimmer in it while Outre is matte. Both colors coordinate well with my favorite warm, autumn toned clothes but on my skin they don't show up at all. It, like Ochre Style, is too similar to my own coloring to make it stand out. I think you have to be careful if you're tan or olive complected because it can blend into your skin to the point of invisibility.

on 2/11/2012 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This one was a big surprise for me! It looks kind of ugly in the pan but it's a great crease colour. It's especially nice if you have blue eyes. I like blending it with Mulch. It's a wonderful Fall colour. If it's in a future collection, give it a chance and it may surprise you.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30-35, warm yellow undertones

This is a gorgeous matte mustard camel color. I love using this in the crease or to blend out eyeshadows. This is also a perfect color to add warmth to smoky eyes. As other reviewers have mentioned, this shade is similar to another mac one "orche style", but I find "outre" to be a little warmer and darker and without shimmer. Definitely would repurchase this eyeshadow! :)

on 6/23/2013 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

First off, let me say that I do not have a lot of MAC eyeshadows. I have a total of 3. This happens to be one of the colors I own. For reference, I have NC35 or NW25 skintone in MAC foundations (I have neutral undertones, so I am really supposed to mix the 2, but either work fine). Anyway, I adore this eyeshadow. I picked it up at an outlet store [The Cosmetic Company Outlet Store... or something along that combination of words] (they carry discontinued collections, products, and overstocked items... not items that are "old" or used). I looked through the colors and picked out this and Brun (a satin charcoal-y brown) and Outre. Outre is completely matte; not a hint of shimmer, sparkle, or anything of the sort. It's a true matte. It's a little darker than my skin color. It is a mustard-y brown color. It's great to work as an all over eye color... especially if you're on the go a lot. I picked up this little gem (in it's pot) for $10.50 plus tax. I don't normally splurge on eyeshadows, however, I know at the MAC store or counter, eyeshadows in the put are $15.00, while the pan itself is $12.00. I though $10.50 for a shade I really like wasn't extremely horrible of me.
This color works great for people who have neutral to warm undertones. I feel like cooler tones may have a harder time to work with it. If you can get a chance to swatch it at the store or counter, definitely try it out.
Oh! And I would definitely repurchase this shade... unless I find a comparable dupe. Haven't found one yet!

The only reason I even purchased this eyeshadow as I'm on a mission to expand my matte collection. When I saw the description provided by MAC as "dirty mustard" it was off putting and even in the pan it looks slightly gross. I gave this shadow a try and absolutely love it for a crease colour and it looks surprisingly really good and compliments me overall (fair complexion (MAC NC15, red hair, and green eyes). I have found that this is the best crease colour for me when paired with gold/golden shades on the lid (such as Romp, Nylon, Woodwinked, Goldmine, Gorgeous Gold, Patina, Ricepaper, Arena, Soba, and Grain) with a brown (Espresso, Brun, Mystery, Cork, Charcoal Brown, and Brown Script) to deepen the out V. Outre looks soooo good in the crease when paired with gold/golden shades as the yellow tones help to seamlessly blend the look together. Outre is very pigmented and blends like a dream. This shade has definitely made my MAC eyeshadow must have list.

Outre has been my fall work-horse. I'm a really yellow-based NC40 (especially in the winter, that's when the sallow part of my complexion seeps out in the absence of sunshine), and I've been using it as crease, base and heck even a stand-alone lid shade. Easy to put on, great to blend out edges, it's an MlidsBB shade with a little punch to it.

Tone-wise, this looks to me like in-between Naked and Buck from the UD palette. Superb texture and pigmentation. Sucks that it was LE, else you know I'd buy a backup.

on 10/9/2011 10:44:00 AM

Great matte color for almost any eye color! A mustardy brown, this eyeshadow can be used as a lid or crease color and is as nice looking on brown eyes as it is on blue! Very nice consistency and a color MAC should really consider making a permanent addition to their collection. Don't let this one pass you by - go find it or order it on line. It is one of those basic staples you will use often!

on 10/9/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I overall really enjoy this eyeshadow. I have warmer skin and it looks great on my eyes, although i think cooler skin tones wont be able to pull it off. I would def repurchase it is for sure a must have!