Sultra Seductress Iron

4.6

on 11/16/2017 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I received this flat iron (the 1" Sultra Seductress) for Christmas 2016. For reference, flat irons that I already own/use: Conair Nano Titanium Infiniti Pro, Chi (original), Visage Titanium, Hot Tools. The Seductress is very lightweight. Packaging & styling are quite similar to most flat irons these days - black, extremely long cord (great if you're a pro, or just far from an outlet). The plates on this iron are supposedly kyocera ceramic, which is quite durable. It is also supposed to have technology ("Exclusive ThermaTru™ Ceramic Technology mends your hair during the styling process with far infrared rays, making the The Seductress perfect for color-treated, dry or damaged hair") so that is a plus. It has 3 settings for your hair type (fine 370 °F, normal 380 °F or thick 395 °F). My hair is extremely thick & coarse, as well as being naturally wavy/curly, so I use the highest setting. This iron heats up FAST and gets my hair straight and shiny in one pass. It does have auto shutoff in case you are forgetful. Retail on this is around the $200 mark, but I know my husband got it at Costco for much less. Overall I think it's a very nice quality iron, does a great job, and if you're looking to invest in a higher-end flat iron, this is definitely one to look at.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is truly the best flat iron I have ever owned. I have thick, coarse, wavy hair and this is definitely a one pass iron. I've had GHD, CHI, and Paul Mitchell irons previously and this one out performs them all.

on 9/27/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm actually SHOCKED this doesn't have more reviews. In my opinion, this is the best flat iron on the market!

Background info: I have extremely thick and curly hair, really long, sort of wild outta control. I've used many flat irons over the years, from Chi, Sedu, etc. I purchased the Sultra when my Sedu broke, and it's actually kind of insane to be paying $210 for a hair straightener..but it is totally worth the plunge! Let me also mention that I've been using this for 2 years now.

So for me, this is the reason why this is the most amazing flat iron ever. With every other straightener I have ever used, my hair was left looking dead, muted black, and basically fried. It's actually a very unflattering look and I didn't even realize my hair looked like this until I got the Seductress, because I was too busy being happy that my hair was straight and that it didn't take an hour to do. (who else remembers the struggle days of trying to find an iron that would actually straighten your hair?). Now, I don't know about the claims Sultra makes that it makes your hair healthy or whatever. I don't think heat damage is ever "healthy" for your hair. BUT I can say that I instantly noticed that my hair looked REAL after using this. My hair was shiny, healthy looking straight hair. As if my real hair was straight and not as if I just straightened my hair to its death, you know what I mean? It somehow manages to not give your hair that fried look! It straightens hair with literally one pass, and there's no touch up required, although I like to quickly run it through again before leaving the house to ensure sleekness and long-last-iness.

It doesn't have temperature control but instead the heat settings are based off the texture of your hair: fine, normal, and thick. Surprisingly, I can get away with using the normal setting despite my crazy mane, which is great! The less heat that you're applying to your hair, the better it is for your hair's health as we all know. :) I use the thick setting if I'm in a hurry. The fine is also good for straightening my baby hairs (so they don't get fried to death) and bangs (so they don't lose volume). This may annoy some people who like to have specific temperature controls, however. Another downside is obviously the price, but it is definitely a very high quality product so it's well worth the investment.

It gets hot within just a minute or so. I've never really had to wait for it to heat up. It also shuts off after 30 mins of not being used, which is good for paranoid people like me who always wonder whether they shut the iron off or not. It comes with a little pad which I now use to rest all my heating appliances. You can also plug this in pretty much anywhere you go because it has universal voltage! Good news for frequent travelers.

Out of literally all the beauty products that I own, I would say this is the most ideal, problem-free one.

on 6/18/2013 2:06:00 PM

I received this flat iron for free for winning one of those magazine sweepstakes. Overall it does the job and I think that it is pretty stylish being in pink.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Was a loyal GHD follow until I tried this.. This one is so much better doesn't feel cheap, has multiple heat settings and straightens hair like a dream..I love this flat iron..

on 2/18/2013 10:28:00 AM

I purchased Reminghton shine therapy iron 2 years ago and was happy with it, still works etc. I used it mostly to "pick up" some sections for curling, I have 2A wavy fine hair, lots of it. Recently I was practicing to do my hair for my wedding ceremony using flat iron. I watched a lot of videos and tutorials on how to curl with the flat iron, so I am familiar with the technique. My goal was to curl all head as oppose just few sections here and there. I was trying to use my Reminghton and on the left side the curls were coming okay but the right side was all skrewy-- I read reviews on GHD and Sultra and decided to stop by Sephora to look at the them (control, plates etc.) because I realised that my curling issues are pprobably related to the flat iron itself. SA at Sephora could not open the boxes for me to see the flat irons, so I decided to get Sultra to try and returen as I was not planning to spend $210. I thought : okay, if it's good, I will ourchase it later--. Fast forward 2 days-- This flat iron can only be ripped out of my hands when I am dead. Best, amazing product. My curls came out perfect - shiny, bouncy and they lasted through the night. I washed my hair, air dried, curled it, sprayed Elnett. In the morning I woke up with gorgeous waves . SA at Sephora tols me that Sultra is better for curls and GHD is better for straight hair, I don;t own GHD so can;t comment on this. The iron is light, heats up in few seconds, no tagging on hair! I was worried that I was damaging my hair (burning) because there were a lots of breakage like hair while I was styling. Now I see that it was my old iron pulling my hair. I recommend to read the tutorial by "Hair and Make up by Steph" blog. She has great tutorial. Also, I now can teach my 14 year old how to operate flat iron, I was hesitant before, she has gorgeous hair and I didn't want to damage it (even with heat protectant!). I am confident that using Sultra will be safe for her hair. It's very very expencive but if you depend on heat styling using flat iron like I do for everyday or special occasion I recommend it. If you only need it for bangs or small jobs, I am sure there are other models that would do the job. But for the whole head styling - Sultra all the way!

It is so versatile in use and if you're traveling. It comes with a pad so it won't burn the surface that you leave it on and it turns off after 30 minutes! I have left mine on countless times and I don't know what would have happened if it did not turn off. The quality is great, my hair is really straight and it feels softer and healthier since I started straightening it with the seductress. I have no complaints.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the sultra "wicked" iron.I have fine,thin color processed hair,so I have to be careful what I used.Based on good reviews I gave it a chance.It has a nice,sleek style and box..heats up quickly,straightens nicely but makes hair very flat.I always use CHI heat protectant,and within a week my hair was noticeably more damaged and fried from the iron! If you have thin hair,stay away from this..there is no temperature control,which I discovered the heat is 375 degrees!!! I returned it and will not use it again!

on 1/1/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great iron, heats up very fast and really is one pass. My hair is wavy, thin but a lot of it and longest layer is to mid-back. Doesn't snag any hair either. Be sure to use a heat protectant!

on 10/19/2011 2:24:00 AM

I purchase a flat iron every few months. I've tried most of them, a few I've purchased multiple times. This is the most AMAZING flat iron to date. I am absolutely in LOVE! Due to the fact that my haircuts are so expensive, they are far and few in between (yes, after 6-8 months I still get compliments). This flat iron has brought lots of compliments in a few days than I get in a few months. Not that I just want the compliments, but this is from people that see me fairly often. I am sooo happy. I did return the Bombshell wand, another review for later.

Popular Hair Styling Tools