Farouk CHI Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

Farouk CHI Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love my chi iron! I have 2 of this model, one of which is like 10 years old and still going on fine. The second one I take for travel, or for leaving at a boyfriend's house, etc.

Simple, easy to use, flawless, makes your hair soooo shiney and healthy feeling! If only it was actually healthy for your hair ;_;

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Finally got one of these :)

My sister bought one a while back and ever since I've been dying for one, but since I'm a on a limited budget it was pretty out of the question. My friend bought me one of these for my birthday. I love this thing. This makes such a difference. Amazing product

To Read all 775 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/25/2016 6:28:00 PM

I have had my plain, black, standard Chi for almost 9 years now. It still works beautifully and I use it at least once or twice a week. Glides easily over my hair, leaves it sleek and smooth. With a simple twist of the wrist I can get a nice rounded end, a voluminous look, or even curls that last longer than curling iron ones do and are less damaging since I drag the iron through instead of leaving the heat on the hair to curl it.

Not much to say other than I think it is a really great quality iron!

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My husband got this for me in black and I love it.

Over the past ~12 years, I have had 3 CHI irons and I have found that every one of them has been worse quality than the last. The first one I had lasted around 4 years and ended up breaking after an overseas trip and a faulty converter. The second one I had last almost 3 years and broke when it just stopped working. Farouk said it could not be fixed. I really liked how it treated my hair so I went and bought a third one. This one lasted just over a year and again, just stopped working. Even though I was a month out of warranty, I hoped it would be able to be fixed and I was told no. I have since switched to GHD and not looked back.

Things I liked about the CHI was it heated up quickly, my hair always looked great after using it, and I liked the shape of it, which was great for curling my hair.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My favorite straightener ever. I've been using straighteners for 8 years so of course I have always heard about the Chi and the hype around the Chi straightener. I've tried countless other straighteners, from a basic Conair one to a Sedu. None of them compare to this.

My Sedu crapped out on me so I asked my friends what straightener I should get. Many of them suggested this one and that it really did live up to the hype, so I decided to try it out. I've had it for about a year now and it still works really great. It heats up really quickly and it stays hot. It quickly straightens my hair and my hair stays straight all day.

There's no hair tugging/pulling either which I experienced with some of my cheaper straighteners that I bought from Walmart.

I have the 1 inch so I straighten it and occasionally curl it. I really love this straightener and recommend it. I bought it on sale from Ulta and am super happy with it.

on 9/25/2014 1:18:00 PM

I've used the Chi flat irons for about 6 years now. They make my hair very straight and shiny, and they heat up REALLY fast.

BUT the last two I've had have broken after just a year! Given the price tag, this is not cool. I'm going to try to find a different brand that lasts a little longer!

on 9/8/2014 10:55:00 PM

I have fairly thick, wavy hair. I use my CHI a lot in the winter, but tend to go more natural (AKA super lazy) in the summer. When I use it fairly often my hair remains undamaged. Sometimes I use the CHI heat protectant spray that I also picked up at TJ Maxx for $10, but not always. My hair seems to do just fine without it. I get more damage in the summer from putting my hair up in a messy bun than I do using this all the time. The first one I had was one of the cheaper ones that just had the on/off switch and the temperature couldn't be adjusted. It worked great and I loved it but I wanted to upgrade to one of the really nice ones that could be adjusted, and I happened to fall across one at TJ Maxx for $70...yes still spendy but that's half the price of paying for a full priced one. I don't even regret the splurge at all. It's so worth it. And I feel that CHI's are a great way to have an amazing product but without spending $300 on the ridiculous ones, that, lets be real, only super rich people can afford. Before I had my first one I went through cheap straighteners like nobody's business cause I hated them and they damaged my hair. My Chi is by far one of my favorite beauty products I own. It's fast and efficient, and I can do a variety of things with my hair...make it stick straight, make it more turned in at the bottoms for a more natural look, straight up curl it...these are worth the investment. Go buy yourself one and stop wasting your time on cheap ones. I've been using CHI's for a few years now and will never ever go back.

on 9/6/2014 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm lucky to have this chi straightener too. It makes my hair shiny and silky. A Great straightener I have ever had. Also it did not cost me much just $53.99 get it from http://www.magicqueen.com/Product-CHI-Mini-Hair-Straightener-Pink-215.html by using a coupon: MQ10

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

How can I have overlooked reviewing the most life-changing piece of hair equipment I own? I have coarse, wavy, frizz-prone hair and, my whole life, I've never wanted more than smooth, straight, silky hair and I've spent countless hours in pursuit of this end result. Back before flat irons, I would faff around with a brush or several brushes, clips and a blow dryer to get a relatively smooth bob. I'd often be hot and sweating in the process, especially in summer. And it was okay when my hair was an "all one length bob" - okay at least until I'd go outside in the hot humid summer or on a damp, drizzly day. So, along came flat irons. My first was an old-style Babyliss and it was okay but then along came the ceramic straighteners that were thinner and less boxy/bulky and easier to use. I have a great hairdresser. She purchases products for clients when she's at the beauty supply store; she gets them wholesale and then just passes them on to her regular clients at her wholesale price. She picked up a CHI for my kids to give me for Mothers Day at least 10 years ago! That same flat iron is STILL GOING STRONG and it's really not an exaggeration to say it changed my life. I'm able to wear a layered bob now, and I never would have been able to wear this style before (the layers would have been out of the question with the texture and wave of my hair). I can even go out in a light drizzle or on a humid, steam-bath type of day and my hair will stay smooth, thanks to the ceramic/ionic properties of the straightener. I don't know how much longer with flat iron will last but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another. This flat iron really is worth the price, even at retail....if you take care of it, it should last you years and amortize to 15 or 20 bucks a year! Can't beat that!

Popular Hair Styling Tools