MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm dehydrated yet oily, very acne-prone, with heavy texture on cheeks and nose. Sadly this powder does not work for me. It breaks down and literally slides off my face after a few hours and clogs my pores. Even with primer and setting spray. I also don't love that there's no room in the package for a powder puff for midday touchups.

On the bright side, the Light Plus shade is a great match for my NC20 skin. It looks a bit light when applied, but then blends into my skin within a few minutes.

FYI around 10 years ago when my skin was COMPLETELY different (I had dry skin, no acne, and invisible pores), this powder made my skin glow. That's why I'm giving it a rating of 2 lippies.

i am a nc20 and a c1 in face and body this is a tad bit light for me but perfect for my undereyes. when im in a hurry i use a small brush and brush it over my undereyes and i literally look like i used concealer and its not drying but it can crease so its not a preferred way of undereye concealing, only in a hurry and itll do. I also use this to blend out harsh edges of eyeshadow or my paintpot in groundwork, it works like my mac brule eyeshadow. Very versatile powder and great formula. Ive used this since i was in highschool thats over 8 years ago. It does has jojoba oil in it though if you are sensitive it will break you out but if it doesnt then your in luck! its a nice powder thats skin like. I want this in the shade medium after im done with the light plus. Hopefully i am lighter in the winter to be able to use this all over the face. I have dry skin now because of benzoyl peroxide, i remeber i did het oily using this in the tzone back in highschool so if you are very oily i wouldnt recommend because it is not oily controlling.

edit- I have been using this to set my undereyes and its been kind of cakey and creasey. I havent been using this as foundation since its too light for me so i only use it as an eyeshadow to blend out harsh edges. Too bulky of a compact and i just dont reach for it as much since ive been using my face and body and not setting it (skins getting dry) I want to try out the prep and prime pressed translucent powder after i am done with this because i need powder for the undereyes. I will not repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This just doesn't work for me. I'm oily, 28 with some texture. As a setting powder over foundation or TM it looks nice initially but slides off my face once my oil breaks through. I have the same result when used as a mineral powder foundation. It's super smooth, blurring and a nice product overall - but if you're oily, I'd keep your receipt to be able to return if it doesn't work for you.

PS: Light is super fair and works for me when I'm at my fairest in winter. I'm around N15. NC20 in summer.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of my favorite powders that has a natural, luminous glow. I prefer the older packaging without a mirror; when it was updated a few years ago the included mirror made it much bulkier. This applies very smoothly and I normally use it to set my foundation. You can also use it as a foundation, buffed on all over with a kabuki for light to medium coverage. I have normal to oily skin and I prefer a powder that isn't totally matte and looks like skin. I would purchase this again and am on my 3rd container of this. For reference, I'm NC15 and can wear the shade Light in the winter and Light Plus during the spring/summer months. I will continue to repurchase this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'll start by saying I'm not usually a MAC fan. Anything I've tried from them in the past, I've either ended up straight disliking or finding a dupe for a fraction of the price. This is actually an HG product for me now.

My face isn't super oily. I don't end up looking shiny or anything, but my makeup tends to slide anyway, and there's very few face products I've found where I don't have sliding/patching issues. As such, if I wear any type of foundation/bb cream/tinted moisturizer, I NEED to set it with something. What I was on the hunt for was a powder that would set everything and keep it in place, but without giving my face that dried, flat, cardboard look. I have mattyfying powders that keep my makeup in place, but they tend to look rather flat and make my skin look dry.

This powder, for me, is fantastic. Sets everything, nothing moves even after a 12+ hour work day, and my face doesn't look like someone sucked the life out of it. It's not shimmery or dewy, but it's also not so ridiculously matte that it looks unnatural. This also gives a small amount of coverage, so on good skin days or days when I'm lazy, I can throw this over some green tinted moisturizer or primer and be good to go.

I like to apply this almost like a bake on my whole face. I apply it with a dry sponge all over, pressing it into the skin, let it hang out for a minute or two while I do my brows and curl my lashes, then swipe off any excess with a fluffy brush. It finishes evening everything out and diffuses any texture on my face that my foundation may have had a bit of trouble with.

Using this at least 5-6 days a week, it lasted close to three months, so it's a great value and the fact that it's pressed means it's easy to take with you for touch-ups if needed. Also, once I get to the point where it's almost all gone and I just have a small ring of product around the outside, too little to get on my sponge or brush for my face, I also use it as an eye base over primer for natural looks, since it's already a perfect match to my skin tone, and it lasts all day on my eyes too, even though that's not what it was designed for.

This powder always seems to emphasize texture/pores on my face that weren't there in the first place. It is not a matte powder, but it does not give me that skin-like finish described by others. It works well with a damp beauty blender under the eyes to set concealer, and I do like the shade (light plus) for my cool pale olive skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this as a setting powder because I wear liquid foundations and concealer often. I really liked this stuff the first couple months I used it. With a light hand, it looks natural and doesn't accentuate pores or lines. I liked how it set my concealer and the color match was perfect. Plus, it wasn't messy! After a while, I noticed reoccurring acne in places I don't normally get it like along my cheekbones. I thought it was because I had been changing my skincare products at the same time. So I ceased with the new skin products and was still getting breakouts. After not using this powder for over a week, the unusual breakouts stopped. Unfortunately, this powder breaks out my skin. I have normal-to-dry skin and I'm somewhat acne prone.

Love this.. I'm in NC 15 in mac I use this for second skin look

A gorgeous powder that makes my skin look perfect and doesn't look cakey, with a more natural finish than Studio Fix. It is pricey but I would buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought my third compact of this back in March, and now in August with use almost every other day, it looks practically untouched. This is great for days where I don't want to spend time blending out my liquid foundation. It gives good coverage and a nice glow without making the skin cakey. When put over a BB cream, your skin will literally just look so healthy and flawless. It's a bit pricy at $37 CAD, but it really is worth it.