4.1

Shop Now

Reviews

from

2 months ago

I'm 55 and still have insanely oily skin, so I couldn't live without a good blotting powder. My HG in this category is Soap & Glory "One Heck of a Blot," but "All About Matt!" works very well on my white-as-sour-cream NW15 complexion. It doesn't minimize shine for as long as "One Heck of a Blot," but it does dim the wattage for several hours, which is a boon for me. It's also cruelty-free and inexpensive; I don't want to be without it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

9 months ago

This is a good, affordable finishing powder that can keep the facial oil at bay for hours. I like the waterproof version, with green packaging, which stays fresh longer. It provides a matte finish. The downsides that I am seeing is that the compact does not have a mirror and since it is white, it leaves a little gray cast. If this is translucent I would have given it a 5.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

9 months ago

I saw this at Ulta for $3.99 and it was the price tag that sold me. I had never used a setting powder before so this was a good place to start! I mostly use this product to set concealer in places it might crease, such as under the eyes. So far I have had only good experiences with it! It has kept my concealer set for over 8 hours on an average day of wear, but I also have dry skin so this may not be the case for someone with oily skin. So far I have never had any creasing on an average day of wear, but this might be different on a hot summer day. The powder is translucent unless it has not quite been blended. If it has not been blended properly (which is easy enough) the white spot on your face will let you know. So my final thoughts are that it is a great, cheap powder that works well, but possibly not for those with oily skin or those who are using it on a day where you are out in the heat. I would definitely repurchase this powder.

About reviewer (334 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I like this for setting my foundation. Works great both with liquid and mineral foundations. I apply it using a powder puff, and press it into my t-zone. It can apply too white, but then I just press it in more or dust it away. The fact that it‘s silicone-free is a plus for me. The packaging is flimsy and cheap but I‘d rather they keep it that way if it keeps the price low.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

1.0

a year ago

Inexpensive mattifying powder. I have oily skin and this didn't help any. Within an hour i was oily. My biggest issue is that it leaves a white cast really bad...

About reviewer (1038 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

Again, the Essence brand does not disappoint me! One of my must haves! Pros: + Inexpensive + Packaging: comes in a compact form, easy to carry around + Does its job; I use it to set my undereye concealer as well as my eyelids to prep for blending eyeshadows. I do apply some on my t-zone as well + Does not give any flashbacks from my experience Cons: - Literally none; except maybe its longevity(?). My t-zone does get slightly oily after 7-8hrs but its not a bother to me cause that's my usual working hours where I prefer it to look "presentable". I could care less once the day is over and I'm ready to go home lol Overall - its a good product to have for an average person, or even a student as well. I would repurchase it again once I run out of this. However if you're working long hour shifts or expect your makeup to look perfect for more than the average 6-7 hrs, this might not do the trick and it'd be better to invest in something slightly pricier. I'm happy that this does its job and its inexpensive, so its not a complete waste of money! Hope this review helps!

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I love essence! they have many good quality products at unbeatable prices and this is definitely one of them. The only thing about essence when it comes to eyeshadows and powders is the lack of great packaging as it Isn't as sturdy as other cosmetics and can lead to it breaking up when you start hitting pan but for the price paid i cant really complain. This powder is great for oily or combo skinned individuals but I believe can also be beneficial to anyone during the hot summer months. A light sweep with a brush sets your makeup And doesn’t leave you looking chalky but just matte. I have light medium skin with neutral undertones and atleast for me i don’t have a problem with chalkiness. It’s thin enough And not bulky to carry around in your purse for touch ups throughout the day. No breakouts or irritation from it either. So many other high end makeup brands sell this same product for waaaaay more but the only difference is the fancy packaging. So if you want a good mattyfying/ setting powder on a budget you should definitely consider giving this one a try! Ulta carries them and i believe target does to

About reviewer (205 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

For this price this is a good powder. No breakouts , weird whiteness , no major pore issue. Just a good basic powder . I prefer wet n wild’s bronzer / highlighter eg reserve my cabana / bikini contest , as those have a nicer texture that softens the look of the skin and is around this price range . Coloured powders also tend to give more coverage which I need. Edit : not so happy now. I am very fair but this still gives a white cast that is slight but can still be seen

About reviewer (540 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I bought this product after running out of my Laura Mercier pressed powder. I wanted something less expensive that would hopefully control my oily t-zone even better. This product is decent. While the packaging isn't as luxurious as some other brands, it gets the job done and with it being approximately $5, I'm pleased with it. The overall finish is a little flat and slightly dry looking at first. It didn't quite melt into my skin. Still that tends to disappear as you wear it. However, in terms of oil control, it was average for me. It keeps me matte for a few hours but I'm hoping to find something that would ideally allow me to only blot once a day rather than several. For those with more normal skin, or even skin that's less oily than mine, this would probably be a great choice that is both inexpensive and will help control oil. I may buy it again at some point but when I run out, I'm going to try a different powder.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I love this stuff. It’s cheap and cheerful and does a wonderful job of setting makeup. I have rebought this so many times because it is so good.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age44-55