Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

3.2

Isobutane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40 B, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Fragrance

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried so many dry shampoos, probably almost all of them, and, for me, this one is the worst I have tried. I was not drawn to this to begin with......but a friend asked on FB for a dry shampoo rec, and half of the replies was this NYMD. I should have minded my own biz and stuck with my gut, lol.

First off, I sprayed this a 'safe' distance from the scalp.. I also shook this like crazy before spraying. I sprayed and waited a few minutes then ran my fingers through my hair to distribute this, then I waited a few more minutes and brushed this through my hair.....Basically my typical routine that I do for any dry shampoo.

This made my hair look dirty, clumpy and heavy. My scalp also had a reaction to this, it broke my scalp out (never had that happen with any other dry shampoo) and just in general made my scalp itchy, uncomfortable and ended up irritating my scalp, netting me not exactly sure if they were pimples or what..but definite irritations on my scalp.

This does leave a white cast when sprayed, so that may or may not be a factor for some. My hair is dark blonde with highlights so I was able to blend this in well enough. Did not notice any obnoxious nor over powerful scent. But won't repurchase.

Loved this. What really one me over was the no white showing and as well as the lasting scent it gives your scalp would define you recommend 👌

I keep a couple of cans of this on hand to combat my bangs, which tend to get greasy even after a recent shampoo. I love the stuff, and I have tried a number of brands such as Oscar Blandi and Batiste. Not Your Mother's is my favorite. Unscented, does the trick, and the effects last and last. My trick is to spray and let it sit for a minute or two before brushing. It really has helped with my bang situation. I even keep a can of this in my car!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the worst I've tried, it's in my top 3 worst dry shampoos along with Suave and Beyond the Zone. It's too heavy. It leaves white residue on my red hair, a problem I don't usually have with dry shampoo. This also doesn't absorb well or smell good. Is it too much to ask for a nice, pleasant smell with your dry shampoo? There are better inexpensive brands like Batiste or Dove that I'd recommend over this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This has been my HG dry shampoo for a long time but here recently, Batiste has replaced it. I still love this one, but Batiste has been my favorite lately. The NYM's is a great alternative if you are in a pinch and don't have time to wash your hair. It does leave a white cast, so I would be light handed with this so it doesn't look like you have gray hair. I think that the Batiste is better at combating oil, but this is still a great option.

not bad, the smell is a little strong and it definitely gives that white cast- i can never put this on my roots the morning before i leave the house- must do the night before. does the trick, but I think I prefer the paul mitchell dry shampoo which has no fragrance and no white cast.

I like this dry shampoo very much. It costs a couple dollars less than Batiste and has more product per can. I often find it at K-Mart or CVS as a buy-one-get-one free deal, which also makes it way more affordable than Batiste. I find this product to be very effective for 2nd day hair, as it absorbs oil well and also gives my hair a ton of body. As mentioned in other reviews, the smell is a little strong but it does tame down rather quickly, especially when used with the bathroom vent on. Just spray it into your roots or anyplace else that your hair needs refreshing, let it sit a minute or two, brush or comb, spray and you're good to go!! I love it!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have very very oily hair that USED to have to be washed everyday until I found this product. Easy to apply easy to move through hair to distribute and doesn't stay white. I like that it after it is applied it doesn't really have a smell. Price point is great for a big can. Gives my hair more body then right after I wash it. Now I like how my 2nd hair looks better then my freshly washed hair. I do have a different technique then how it usually is used. If I use it the morning of 2nd day hair it is too late my hair is way too oily. I apply it at the end of the 1st day and I put a big roller or 2 at the top of my crown until morning. Viola! Beautiful hair!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Disclaimer: I have straight, colored blonde hair that is about 6 inches below my shoulder with thick, full bangs. Each strand of my hair is thin but I have a lot of it. I need a professional's help to put any texture or curl into my hair. It does get oily but I have trained my hair to be washed 2-3x per week at most for the sake of my color, and I survive with dry shampoo in-between washes.

Let me start by saying that this is my Holy Grail dry shampoo! I buy 2-3 bottles at a time so that I don't run out - that is how much I love this product. The can is a big size for the price of the product ($5-$6 depending on whether I buy it at Ulta or Target), and given that I use it almost every day in some amount the can lasts an amazing 2-3 weeks. The spray comes out of the can evenly, is easy to direct so that I hit the areas I want and don't spray my whole bathroom with product, and the tip NEVER clogs. I personally like the scent of the product - I think it smells fresh - but the smell does linger in the hair throughout the day. Although myself and my boyfriend may notice the scent, we both think it just smells like "clean hair", and if I choose to put on a perfume or a scented body lotion then it easily overpowers the dry shampoo's smell.

What I love most about this product is that it does not leave the feeling of a residue on my scalp! Now, I'm not naive enough to think it isn't really there, and as a result I wash with a cleansing shampoo to make sure my scalp gets really clean when I wash my hair, but after I use the dry shampoo I can run my hands through my hair and it doesn't feel thick or sticky or like there's product in it. It is a white powder but even when my darker roots are coming through it does not leave a white tint on my hair as long as I have at least brushed the product through. The product is easy to brush through the hair and - my favorite - the BEST to use before a blow-dry to restyle my hair, especially my bangs, on day 2, 3, or 4 after a wash. The effects of the dry shampoo last all day through my crazy busy work day or out at night and I rarely, except on crazy Philadelphia humidity days, have to re-spray my hair to control oiliness and shine. I really cannot say enough good things about this dry shampoo!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really glad I tried this dry shampoo! I've used quite a few and I have to say it's one of my very favorites. I like the amount of product that you get for the price. The scent is very fresh and clean and it WORKS very well! Not super powdery. I have black hair so that can be an issue if I apply too much. It blends well once you brush it in and definitely absorbs oil and scents very well. Give it a try!