Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Disclaimer: I have straight, colored blonde hair that is about 6 inches below my shoulder with thick, full bangs. Each strand of my hair is thin but I have a lot of it. I need a professional's help to put any texture or curl into my hair. It does get oily but I have trained my hair to be washed 2-3x per week at most for the sake of my color, and I survive with dry shampoo in-between washes.

Let me start by saying that this is my Holy Grail dry shampoo! I buy 2-3 bottles at a time so that I don't run out - that is how much I love this product. The can is a big size for the price of the product ($5-$6 depending on whether I buy it at Ulta or Target), and given that I use it almost every day in some amount the can lasts an amazing 2-3 weeks. The spray comes out of the can evenly, is easy to direct so that I hit the areas I want and don't spray my whole bathroom with product, and the tip NEVER clogs. I personally like the scent of the product - I think it smells fresh - but the smell does linger in the hair throughout the day. Although myself and my boyfriend may notice the scent, we both think it just smells like "clean hair", and if I choose to put on a perfume or a scented body lotion then it easily overpowers the dry shampoo's smell.

What I love most about this product is that it does not leave the feeling of a residue on my scalp! Now, I'm not naive enough to think it isn't really there, and as a result I wash with a cleansing shampoo to make sure my scalp gets really clean when I wash my hair, but after I use the dry shampoo I can run my hands through my hair and it doesn't feel thick or sticky or like there's product in it. It is a white powder but even when my darker roots are coming through it does not leave a white tint on my hair as long as I have at least brushed the product through. The product is easy to brush through the hair and - my favorite - the BEST to use before a blow-dry to restyle my hair, especially my bangs, on day 2, 3, or 4 after a wash. The effects of the dry shampoo last all day through my crazy busy work day or out at night and I rarely, except on crazy Philadelphia humidity days, have to re-spray my hair to control oiliness and shine. I really cannot say enough good things about this dry shampoo!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really glad I tried this dry shampoo! I've used quite a few and I have to say it's one of my very favorites. I like the amount of product that you get for the price. The scent is very fresh and clean and it WORKS very well! Not super powdery. I have black hair so that can be an issue if I apply too much. It blends well once you brush it in and definitely absorbs oil and scents very well. Give it a try!

To Read all 118 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nightmare. It dried my hair to a crisp, and it's still crispy even after shampooing and conditioning. May have done permanent damage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this from priceline because i am constantly searching for a good dry shampoo that will actually soak up the oil and make my hair look refreshed and not oily

This did not do it.
I should probably inform you, i have horribly oily hair. The kind of hair that goes oily within the day you wash it.. and as i know you shouldnt wash your hair everyday, i tend to use a dry shampoo on the second (and sometimes even the third day) but nothing really works.

This dry shampoo has a very potent smell, and i've realised that majority of the products from this brand are the same. The smell is so strong that it stays in my hair for hours which makes me start to feel nauseous. It also didnt do very well in making my hair less oily, in fact, i found my hair feeling and looking more greasy afterwards.
Only plus side is that it doesnt make your hair grey or white-ish.

Awesome! The only dry shampoo I use! When sprayed on, you can barely see any white like most dry shampoos. Great value for a little price, too. Smells great! Works incredible on my (blonde, straight) hair!

Works well on second and third day hair, love the clean scent, affordable, easy to use, gives hair some volume, soaks up most grease on hair and scalp. Will most likely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product made my hair fall out

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this dry shampoo!! It smells amazing and it is perfect for day two, three or four! Personally I like to use it at night and let it set, so in the morning it has plenty of "styleability"...and the price is right! Will def. Be buying again.

This is a great dry shampoo!

I love trying new dry shampoos, and go through them very quickly. This stuff works as well as any expensive dry shampoo, sometimes even better!

The price was around $5.00 at Target, it doesn't leave any residue in my hair, eliminates grease, and doesn't smell bad. I just can't get over the price, and how well it works! I bought unscented, so I'm not sure how the scented one is. This is my new Holy Grail of dry shampoos!

I tried it out today after buying it about a month ago. I usually wash my hair every day bc i have fine hair and will be greasy if I don't. so what made me try it out today was bc i had washed my hair the night before and i woke up with an oily scalp, (that occasionally happens) so i tried this hoping it would give me a refresh, but it did nothing of that. it's redeeming quality is that it gave me a bit of volume, but not enough that i would let my hair down bc of my oily scalp. baby powder gets the job done better than this.