Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

3.2

Isobutane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40 B, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Saw a limited edition Clean Freak with a "warm sugar" scent. I had tried Clean Freak in years past and wasn't super impressed, so I bought a travel size bottle to try it again, and because I'm a sucker for sweet scents (who doesn't want their hair to smell like sugar cookies this time of year?) Anyways, as I remembered, this formula is so disappointing. Made my hair feel marginally cleaner but gave me zero body (I've got thin, pin straight hair) and didn't leave a white cast (I'm probably the 0.01% of people who like this in dry shampoo, but my blonde highlights and roots can always use a little extra oomph). Essentially, my hair looked and felt exactly the same. I know people who love the NYM line, but this dry shampoo is a fail in my book. I'll stick with Batiste for a few more $$.

I asked my sister to get me some dry shampoo. This is what she got and I hate it.

My scalp is oily, my hair is the typical Asian straight and this does nothing to help it. Just makes everything more limp and dirtier.

Do not recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference- I have thin, low porosity hair with 2C/3A curls that goes to my natural waist.

I'm not super picky with dry shampoo, but I would choose most things over this. My biggest issue is that this gives me bad dandruff. I had dandruff as a kid, but haven't had it in years. Since switching to sulfate-free shampoo, my scalp is about as normal as possible. When I use this, though, I am flake city. Even when I don't use this for a few days & wash my hair, it takes a while for the flakiness to go away. I don't know if it's making my scalp "dry", though, because my hair still gets greasy in the same amount of time and I don't have any itchiness.

This doesn't do a great job at making my hair "feel" more clean, either. There are some dry shampoos that, once rubbed in, really make your hair look and feel cleaner. This takes away some of the dirty/oily look, but if you actually look at my hair closely you can totally tell it's dirty. In order to get that -really- clean look/feel you need to use a lot, which just causes product buildup and makes your hair feel stiff/brittle. It also doesn't last very long. I used this in the morning today and by about 2PM I had to put my hair up because it just looked dirty. It doesn't do much to add volume, either- I have really thin hair so most things work to add volume but this does nothing.

So, final verdict- if the product doesn't really do what it's supposed to and causes extra problems (i.e. dandruff), it's a pass.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've tried several brands of dry shampoo, both DS and HE. There are some HE brands that work really well. Batiste is the only DS brand that works at all, IMO. I picked this up because I ran out of dry shampoo while traveling and this was one of the only ones at the drug store available in a travel size. This stuff is terrible. Doesn't leave a white cast, but made my hair look and feel dirtier and oiler almost immediately. I replaced it as soon as I could find a Sephora. Not a fan.

Smells nice, don't leave white cast and refresh your hair.Very good price, I bought others much more expensive and noticed anything spetacular. I have fine hair and it gives too much volume in the roots. I used to apply and then do a little massage with my fingertips.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great cruelty-free dry shampoo that smells nice and does not overly dry my hair or scalp. I have fine hair, but quite a lot of it, and my hair/scalp can get pretty oily by the second day after washing. I've had some really terrible reactions to long-term use of dry shampoo in the past, but after months of using Not Your Mother's version, I haven't had any issues at all. The mist is fine and it doesn't leave any white cast, even when my roots are very dark. This is a great value for the price, and one of the best dry shampoos that is readily available in US drugstores.

This product works great for me if I missed a shower!! I just section my hair into messy pieces and spray it from a distance and then just massage it in... this is a great product and definitely worth the price

Love this stuff! I have used the unscented, normal scent, and the warm vanilla scent and all of them have been great, much better than batiste for me and cheaper to boot. I can get by several days without a wash with this stuff, and it doesn't show up on my really dark hair unless I spray an obnoxious amount on. Has never left any white cast, and does a really great job at looking natural and clean. My only complaint is that the scent of the original is kind of gross and obnoxious at first, but it does dissipate and get better. The unscented is great and the vanilla smells AMAZING

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried so many dry shampoos, probably almost all of them, and, for me, this one is the worst I have tried. I was not drawn to this to begin with......but a friend asked on FB for a dry shampoo rec, and half of the replies was this NYMD. I should have minded my own biz and stuck with my gut, lol.

First off, I sprayed this a 'safe' distance from the scalp.. I also shook this like crazy before spraying. I sprayed and waited a few minutes then ran my fingers through my hair to distribute this, then I waited a few more minutes and brushed this through my hair.....Basically my typical routine that I do for any dry shampoo.

This made my hair look dirty, clumpy and heavy. My scalp also had a reaction to this, it broke my scalp out (never had that happen with any other dry shampoo) and just in general made my scalp itchy, uncomfortable and ended up irritating my scalp, netting me not exactly sure if they were pimples or what..but definite irritations on my scalp.

This does leave a white cast when sprayed, so that may or may not be a factor for some. My hair is dark blonde with highlights so I was able to blend this in well enough. Did not notice any obnoxious nor over powerful scent. But won't repurchase.

Loved this. What really one me over was the no white showing and as well as the lasting scent it gives your scalp would define you recommend 👌