Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo

3.2

Isobutane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40 B, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Fragrance

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've tried several brands of dry shampoo, both DS and HE. There are some HE brands that work really well. Batiste is the only DS brand that works at all, IMO. I picked this up because I ran out of dry shampoo while traveling and this was one of the only ones at the drug store available in a travel size. This stuff is terrible. Doesn't leave a white cast, but made my hair look and feel dirtier and oiler almost immediately. I replaced it as soon as I could find a Sephora. Not a fan.

Smells nice, don't leave white cast and refresh your hair.Very good price, I bought others much more expensive and noticed anything spetacular. I have fine hair and it gives too much volume in the roots. I used to apply and then do a little massage with my fingertips.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried so many dry shampoos, probably almost all of them, and, for me, this one is the worst I have tried. I was not drawn to this to begin with......but a friend asked on FB for a dry shampoo rec, and half of the replies was this NYMD. I should have minded my own biz and stuck with my gut, lol.

First off, I sprayed this a 'safe' distance from the scalp.. I also shook this like crazy before spraying. I sprayed and waited a few minutes then ran my fingers through my hair to distribute this, then I waited a few more minutes and brushed this through my hair.....Basically my typical routine that I do for any dry shampoo.

This made my hair look dirty, clumpy and heavy. My scalp also had a reaction to this, it broke my scalp out (never had that happen with any other dry shampoo) and just in general made my scalp itchy, uncomfortable and ended up irritating my scalp, netting me not exactly sure if they were pimples or what..but definite irritations on my scalp.

This does leave a white cast when sprayed, so that may or may not be a factor for some. My hair is dark blonde with highlights so I was able to blend this in well enough. Did not notice any obnoxious nor over powerful scent. But won't repurchase.

Love this stuff! I have used the unscented, normal scent, and the warm vanilla scent and all of them have been great, much better than batiste for me and cheaper to boot. I can get by several days without a wash with this stuff, and it doesn't show up on my really dark hair unless I spray an obnoxious amount on. Has never left any white cast, and does a really great job at looking natural and clean. My only complaint is that the scent of the original is kind of gross and obnoxious at first, but it does dissipate and get better. The unscented is great and the vanilla smells AMAZING

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great cruelty-free dry shampoo that smells nice and does not overly dry my hair or scalp. I have fine hair, but quite a lot of it, and my hair/scalp can get pretty oily by the second day after washing. I've had some really terrible reactions to long-term use of dry shampoo in the past, but after months of using Not Your Mother's version, I haven't had any issues at all. The mist is fine and it doesn't leave any white cast, even when my roots are very dark. This is a great value for the price, and one of the best dry shampoos that is readily available in US drugstores.

This product works great for me if I missed a shower!! I just section my hair into messy pieces and spray it from a distance and then just massage it in... this is a great product and definitely worth the price

I keep a couple of cans of this on hand to combat my bangs, which tend to get greasy even after a recent shampoo. I love the stuff, and I have tried a number of brands such as Oscar Blandi and Batiste. Not Your Mother's is my favorite. Unscented, does the trick, and the effects last and last. My trick is to spray and let it sit for a minute or two before brushing. It really has helped with my bang situation. I even keep a can of this in my car!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the worst I've tried, it's in my top 3 worst dry shampoos along with Suave and Beyond the Zone. It's too heavy. It leaves white residue on my red hair, a problem I don't usually have with dry shampoo. This also doesn't absorb well or smell good. Is it too much to ask for a nice, pleasant smell with your dry shampoo? There are better inexpensive brands like Batiste or Dove that I'd recommend over this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This has been my HG dry shampoo for a long time but here recently, Batiste has replaced it. I still love this one, but Batiste has been my favorite lately. The NYM's is a great alternative if you are in a pinch and don't have time to wash your hair. It does leave a white cast, so I would be light handed with this so it doesn't look like you have gray hair. I think that the Batiste is better at combating oil, but this is still a great option.

Loved this. What really one me over was the no white showing and as well as the lasting scent it gives your scalp would define you recommend 👌